wghabour

proof of relationship

6 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi all,

I have a question guys

there is a friend of mine who got married in Egypt on June 28 2009 from an american woman and his wife left Egypt on July 14 2009 and his wife did not visit him since she left but they kept contacting each other and he got his interview on Nov 22 2011 at the american embassy in Cairo Egypt and at the interview the consular officer told him that she is not convinced that their marriage will be permenant maybe as his wife did not visit him since she left for about 29 months and his wife was married before and got divorced and the consular officer asked him to send proof of relationship like phone bills,pictures, letters and e mails and he sent them pictures , letters and e mails.

my questions are these things ( letters, e mails and pictures ) enough to prove their relationship?? and does the consular officer have right to deny the visa despite the fact that it was approved from NVC??

if the visa is denied what things must be done after that??

plz guys answer my questions as my friend is in a very bad mood and I do not have any idea about this matter .

by the way all the documents needed were submitted and his wife changed her name and got his family name and sumbitted the affidavit of support.

so many thanks

Edited by wghabour

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

yes, consulate can deny visa even though nvc approved. its up to the consulate n based on the interview. also, I can not imagine not visiting my husband for 29 months, we got married in sept 2010 n since then I went see him two more times jan n july. I would probably go more often but my work doesnt allow me more vacation time:( .

Timeline

Hi all,

I have a question guys

there is a friend of mine who got married in Egypt on June 28 2009 from an american woman and his wife left Egypt on July 14 2009 and his wife did not visit him since she left but they kept contacting each other and he got his interview on Nov 22 2011 at the american embassy in Cairo Egypt and at the interview the consular officer told him that she is not convinced that their marriage will be permenant maybe as his wife did not visit him since she left for about 29 months and his wife was married before and got divorced and the consular officer asked him to send proof of relationship like phone bills,pictures, letters and e mails and he sent them pictures , letters and e mails.

my questions are these things ( letters, e mails and pictures ) enough to prove their relationship?? and does the consular officer have right to deny the visa despite the fact that it was approved from NVC??

plz guys answer my questions as my friend is in a very bad mood and I do not have any idea about this matter .

by the way all the documents needed were submitted and his wife changed her name and got his family name and sumbitted the affidavit of support.

so many thanks

well from what i saw here your firend has a red flag if you are married they expect you to have some kind of real realtionship but for them to be away for 2 and half years without seeing each other its a big red flag unless she can prove that she has a very good reason not to come and visit him , and yes the CO has the right to deny your case even if it is approved by immgration and NVC they will return the case back to USA for further evaluation if they feel there is fraud.

letters emails joint bank accounts any thing to convience the CO that there is an ongoing relationship will help.

Mina&Mariam

Timeline

I would like to know why they have not seen each other in over 2 yrs?

The flight to egypt is miserable and expensive.. but he could have gotten a tourist visa somewhere??? Mexico?? They could have vacationed somewhere???

I do not believe either

I have visited my husband 3 times this year and stayed for over 3 months total. It has caused a large dent in my pocketbook but it is worth it. I need to be with him. This separation is awful

Edited by togetherforever13

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

and does the consular officer have right to deny the visa despite the fact that it was approved from NVC??

yes, consulate can deny visa even though nvc approved.

The NVC doesn't "approve" anything. The NVC receives relevant documents from relevant parties and reviews them for anything the relevant parties may have missed. When the NVC has what it needs it sends the file to the Embassy or Consulate. Visa decisions are made by CO's at Embassies and Consulates.

If a visa is denied at a Embassy or Consulate, the file will be sent back to USCIS (via the NVC; overseas IV unit sends it back to NVC, NVC sends it to USCIS service center that approved the petition). When the file arrives back at the USCIS service center, USCIS will decide to re-affirm the approved petition or send the petitioner a Notice of Intent to Revoke (NOIR). If a petitioner receives an NOIR, the NOIR will specifically state why it has been sent and the petitioner will have to rebut the specific charges made on the NOIR. Additionally, the petitioner must respond to the NOIR by the stated deadline. Once the NOIR response is received by USCIS, the petition will be reviewed and a decision made. If the petition is reaffirmed, it will be returned to the appropriate Embassy or Consulate (via the NVC) for another interview.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

Hi all,

I have a question guys

so many thanks

well first of all i think that your friend husband met consular in window # 15 wish im right? second as most of members advice she have to give astrong reasons for not comming all that time ..she can say revoulations in the area and her work plus he couldnt come because he cant get any other kind of visas because he already presented for immgration visa ( her ex marriage has no related and never effected by the way )

so listen carefuly case i passed with same stuipd experience and i was depressed ..you know this is my first time to be here since last october ..i will tell what happen with me ..i went to the interview the conuslar was out of mood and wasnt friendly at all with me or my littel kids although my husband is their biloigical father and he is egyptian origion like me and same religion..after many questions she said i cant approve your case i need more evidances for relationship ...although i have many she doesnt care ...second day my husband sent western union bills.pictures .phone bills ,....etc and we waited for 2 months than she sent my passport back and said she doesnt convinced with relationship and she sent the case back to uscis for final descion thanks god it doesnt take long time for them to receive ..we involoved senator office cause its not logical what she did ...anyway we started for new evidances like the following:

1 credit cards under my name but he is the owner

2 taxes id ..anyone have husband or wife outside of us can present form w7 to get taxes id for him/her to be add to

his taxes and yes anyone can do it for his spouse even he is out of the states

3 he mad life insurance for us ,we are benificary in case of his death

4 i mad him additional visa card through my bank account

5 we bought some stuff under both of our names

so you have to act fast ..cause she may send case back to uscis and it will take hell months like first step before ..try to advice her to make any of those proofs and she have to visit him even month ayear ..act fast to prevent of send case back and i wish to help you or anyone in same situation ...good luck to evryone

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.