Queen-O

Evidence of Bona fide relationship

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello i am sending out my i-130 package finally but first i need to feel confident! but i have a few questions.

I am a bit nervous about the phone records because i used calling cards for awhile and i don't know how its possible to get records of that. Also I'm no longer with the phone company i used then. i switched to rebtel because it was cheaper at the beginning of this year so anything before then is :( inaccessible. I have some chat records and fb messages. no emails. my husband is not an internet person. he rarely gets on unless i want him to see a picture or something. This is what i have enclosed as proof of a bona fide marriage:

phone records from Jan-May 2011 and from Aug-Nov 2011(I was in naija from may -july)

Yahoo chat records from 2010 - early 2011( we never chat every day maybe 1-2 weeks apart like i said we don't chat much online we talk on the phone everyday)

a few emails maybe 5-10

fb messages from 2009- October 2011 (once again not daily maybe once or twice a week)

our house lease in Nigeria

affidavit from my mom acknowledging our relationship

pictures

marriage certificate

i also included a time line of important events in our relationship and a brief story about how we met

passport stamps from both my passports (Nigerian and us) showing entry dates to prove my visits

is this sufficient? how many pictures should i include? do i need to bind the chat records or can i staple them?

thanks i know this is a lot! lol

Bolanle & Kingsley's CR1 Timeline

12/19/11: I-130 package sent to Chicago Lockbox

12/21/11: Package delivered

12/23/11: NOA1 via text / Initial review

12/27/11: Check Cashed by USCIS Chicago Lockbox

05/10/12: NOA2 via text/email I-130 APPROVED!!!

NVC Process

5/29/12: NVC received our case

6/10/12: Received case#

6/12/12: DS-3032 Email sent

6/12/12: I-864 (AOS) invoice email received

6/15/12: AOS fee paid Online (Paid)

6/21/12: DS-3032 acceptance email received

6/22/12: Immigrant visa fee invoice email received

7/01/12: I-864 (AOS) package sent to NVC

8/24/12: RFE sent to NVC

10/5/12: IV Bill paid

10/20/12: DS-230 package sent to NVC

11/13/12: case complete with NVC

11/26/12: case @ embassy in Nigeria

12/26/12:NTERVIEW SCHEDULED for 01/23/13!!! WHOOOOWHOOO

12/31/12: sent documents needed for interview to hubby through DHL

01/10/13: Hubby medical exam completed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello i am sending out my i-130 package finally but first i need to feel confident! but i have a few questions.

I am a bit nervous about the phone records because i used calling cards for awhile and i don't know how its possible to get records of that. Also I'm no longer with the phone company i used then. i switched to rebtel because it was cheaper at the beginning of this year so anything before then is :( inaccessible. I have some chat records and fb messages. no emails. my husband is not an internet person. he rarely gets on unless i want him to see a picture or something. This is what i have enclosed as proof of a bona fide marriage:

phone records from Jan-May 2011 and from Aug-Nov 2011(I was in naija from may -july)

Yahoo chat records from 2010 - early 2011( we never chat every day maybe 1-2 weeks apart like i said we don't chat much online we talk on the phone everyday)

a few emails maybe 5-10

fb messages from 2009- October 2011 (once again not daily maybe once or twice a week)

our house lease in Nigeria

affidavit from my mom acknowledging our relationship

pictures

marriage certificate

i also included a time line of important events in our relationship and a brief story about how we met

passport stamps from both my passports (Nigerian and us) showing entry dates to prove my visits

is this sufficient? how many pictures should i include? do i need to bind the chat records or can i staple them?

thanks i know this is a lot! lol

There is no such thing as too much pictures, bring everything and let the interviewer decide when he or she has seen enough pictures. I compiled our chat records from most recent to the oldest and stapled them together. With the phone records remember to highlight the ones that are your husband's. But since, you are just starting out on the journey, you have time to collect and organize all you evidence. Good luck, and we are all here for you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You havent gotten to the stage to worry about how many Pics,Pages of Chat Logs,Telephone history.

What is primary at this stage if you have both seen one another in the past 2 years..evidence to prove that..copies of tickets,visa pages and docs showing ongoing relationship

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Nigeria
I-129F Sent : 2011-06-08
I-129F NOA1 : 2011-06-17
I-129F RFE(s) : No RFE
RFE Reply(s) : No RFE
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-27
Interview: 2nd Week of January

Immigrant Visa rescheduled for second week of February 2012

Visa Refused on Immigration Purpose February 2013

We Got Married and Filed Spouse Visa

dancin5hr.gif Visa Approved in May 2013dancin5hr.gif

POE was Easy in June 2013

USA Citizen July 2016

Who cares to know how long My Visajourney was???

SSN Arrives on 07/01/2013

You havent gotten to the stage to worry about how many Pics,Pages of Chat Logs,Telephone history.

What is primary at this stage if you have both seen one another in the past 2 years..evidence to prove that..copies of tickets,visa pages and docs showing ongoing relationship

Depends on whether the OP actually filed I-129F or I-130. Documentation of meeting in the last 2 years is more relevant to I-129F petitions for K-1 visas.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I think your list is good, and for the pictures u don't have to sent thong of pictures is not necessarily to do that, remember they don't have time for all those pictures, u select ones that are important and is prove of evidence............ not more than 8 u fine. DO NOT staple official documents, use either pins to hold them together and try as much as possible to avoid mistakes in filling the forms, do not guess anything u don't understand just ask to get the right answers and also make sure the forms are completely filled out do not leave any space blank, if a question does not apply to you simply PUT N/A and and if u don't have an answer simply put NONE. be honest as much as u can AND YOU WILL BE MORE THAN FINE.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND YOUR MARRIAGE

\...GOD BLESS....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I think your list is good, and for the pictures u don't have to sent thong of pictures is not necessarily to do that, remember they don't have time for all those pictures, u select ones that are important and is prove of evidence............ not more than 8 u fine. DO NOT staple official documents, use either pins to hold them together and try as much as possible to avoid mistakes in filling the forms, do not guess anything u don't understand just ask to get the right answers and also make sure the forms are completely filled out do not leave any space blank, if a question does not apply to you simply PUT N/A and and if u don't have an answer simply put NONE. be honest as much as u can AND YOU WILL BE MORE THAN FINE.

Again if you send your husband money trough western union then i will suggest u call them and request for transaction history statement, there is a fee for that, 3yrs for $50 and $25 each addition year. this will help you tremendously as u proceed your visa journey.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND YOUR MARRIAGE

\...GOD BLESS....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I think your list is fine and as stated before when dealing with Lagos there is no such thing as too much...Have you sent the petition yet? If not you can either wait until the interview and take all the pics and chat logs etc....Or you can frontload which is what I did When I sent in my I129F It weighed over 10lbs I sent everything including over 100 pics ( I know that is a bit much but hey at the time that is what I wanted to do)and made a duplicate binder for my husband to take to the embassy with him. So it really just depends on you I think what you have is suffiecient enoungh no worries......Also no need to staple stuff just paper clip them together and you will be fine Dont second guess yourself and for heaven sake put it in the mail(jokingly) ....lol Good luck to you!!!! :thumbs:

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I think your list is fine and as stated before when dealing with Lagos there is no such thing as too much...Have you sent the petition yet? If not you can either wait until the interview and take all the pics and chat logs etc....Or you can frontload which is what I did When I sent in my I129F It weighed over 10lbs I sent everything including over 100 pics ( I know that is a bit much but hey at the time that is what I wanted to do)and made a duplicate binder for my husband to take to the embassy with him. So it really just depends on you I think what you have is suffiecient enoungh no worries......Also no need to staple stuff just paper clip them together and you will be fine Dont second guess yourself and for heaven sake put it in the mail(jokingly) ....lol Good luck to you!!!! :thumbs:

Thanks! i am yet to send the petition lol! i will send it on monday finally! i think i will do what you did!

Bolanle & Kingsley's CR1 Timeline

12/19/11: I-130 package sent to Chicago Lockbox

12/21/11: Package delivered

12/23/11: NOA1 via text / Initial review

12/27/11: Check Cashed by USCIS Chicago Lockbox

05/10/12: NOA2 via text/email I-130 APPROVED!!!

NVC Process

5/29/12: NVC received our case

6/10/12: Received case#

6/12/12: DS-3032 Email sent

6/12/12: I-864 (AOS) invoice email received

6/15/12: AOS fee paid Online (Paid)

6/21/12: DS-3032 acceptance email received

6/22/12: Immigrant visa fee invoice email received

7/01/12: I-864 (AOS) package sent to NVC

8/24/12: RFE sent to NVC

10/5/12: IV Bill paid

10/20/12: DS-230 package sent to NVC

11/13/12: case complete with NVC

11/26/12: case @ embassy in Nigeria

12/26/12:NTERVIEW SCHEDULED for 01/23/13!!! WHOOOOWHOOO

12/31/12: sent documents needed for interview to hubby through DHL

01/10/13: Hubby medical exam completed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.