kcir-is-love

K1 visa interview inquiry

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance is a Union Carpenter but construction wasn't backing up this year so he now works as a truck driver. He's been a Union Carpenter for 7 years. His previous tax returns for the past years show remarkably above the minimum income requirements for k1 visa but we're not sure about this year because he just started trucking and as I've said, construction wasn't backing up this year. But carpenters have a high rate of employability... (depends on the state though) He's planning to quit trucking as soon as possible because it's too lonely and he doesn't get to be home more often. Now, if he quits his current job, is it gunna be a problem for us by the time of my interview at the US embassy? I mean, he's gunna quit trucking but he's gunna find another job before he quits trucking so he won't be unemployed. But we won't know if we met the income requirements yet for this year til February 2012 cuz that's when their income tax returns shows up. We filed our petition on November 10th. I need your advice on this. Thank you!:)

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

He needs to prove he is making 125% of the poverty limit. If he has just changed jobs get a letter of employment from his new company stating his hourly wage or salary.

Timeline

agreegood.gif tell him to make sure that if changing jobs he should be making enough to sustain the above 125% poverty line. you can use paystubs, employement letters to prove income together with previous itr print outs on your interview.

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

The CO looks at tax returns, but also will look at his current sustained income. For example, at the time of your interview, if your fiancé is making $400 per week gross, the CO will see that he would make $20,800 per year if his income were extrapolated out over a period of a year. Therefore, even if his 2011 income is shaky, he can still get by because of his 2012 current sustained income.

Timeline

THANKS EVERYONE!!! :) and... I am just curious.. Would it be possible for them to allow a co-sponsor just in case?

There were cases of K1 category that got thru using co sponsors..it wont hurt to prepare on just incase the CO ask. make it ready, if CO ask for it hand it right away, but if not keep it with you ;)

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

I agree with Zharren Young.

Manila accepts cosponsors on a case-by-case basis and it's good to have one prepared because you will want to build the best financial case possible for yourselves.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.