Book Em Dano

July 2011 K-1 Filers (Restless in Seattle)

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello fellow VJ July 2011 K-1 filers.

Fall has arrived and winter will be on its heels just as quickly.

It's hard being apart from the one you love, the rest of you know what I mean.

It's further compounded since it's that time of the year when many families come together and not only celebrate the season, but simply the opportunity to be with one another. Each day I wonder whether this will be the day I'll receive the joyful news of receiving my NOA2. I'm mindful of the many others that have been waiting even longer. Sadly, it's known that the Federal government slows down significantly as the holiday season approaches...workers taking vacations or traveling to be with loved ones.

Is your glass half empty or half full? Mine is half full. Even if I wake up the next day and find my status remains unchanged, its been a good day. I woke up. I'm thankful to have that chance. I have so much to be thankful for not the least of which is my fiance, my love.

How are you coping? What are you doing to keep your spirits high? How can you help others here? Would you be willing to offer brief words of encouragement to those who might be feeling lost or forgotten in the USCIS process? The need is great and as a community, we're not so few. So if possible, take a moment to offer a few kind words of encouragement to uplift their resolve to get through this process. As for me, it's now 128 days and counting.

It goes without saying that this applies to ALL filers and not just to July filers. Take care.

Cheers.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

my cup is always half full because as each day passes i am another day closer to being with Jenni :)

"Book Em Dano".... thats where my name came from lol

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

...I've had that moniker for as long as I can remember. I threw a book and clocked my younger brother with a dictionary... :lol:

Hoping you and Jenni receive good news soon also.

Cheers.

my cup is always half full because as each day passes i am another day closer to being with Jenni :)

"Book Em Dano".... thats where my name came from lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hello fellow VJ July 2011 K-1 filers.

Fall has arrived and winter will be on its heels just as quickly.

It's hard being apart from the one you love, the rest of you know what I mean.

It's further compounded since it's that time of the year when many families come together and not only celebrate the season, but simply the opportunity to be with one another. Each day I wonder whether this will be the day I'll receive the joyful news of receiving my NOA2. I'm mindful of the many others that have been waiting even longer. Sadly, it's known that the Federal government slows down significantly as the holiday season approaches...workers taking vacations or traveling to be with loved ones.

Is your glass half empty or half full? Mine is half full. Even if I wake up the next day and find my status remains unchanged, its been a good day. I woke up. I'm thankful to have that chance. I have so much to be thankful for not the least of which is my fiance, my love.

How are you coping? What are you doing to keep your spirits high? How can you help others here? Would you be willing to offer brief words of encouragement to those who might be feeling lost or forgotten in the USCIS process? The need is great and as a community, we're not so few. So if possible, take a moment to offer a few kind words of encouragement to uplift their resolve to get through this process. As for me, it's now 128 days and counting.

It goes without saying that this applies to ALL filers and not just to July filers. Take care.

Cheers.

Nicely put sentiment!

Of course it's difficult to be apart from the one you love, but the stark reality is that there is nothing we can do about the situation except wait for the piece of paper that allows us to move to the next waiting phase of this $hitty process.

As July filers, our good news is that our NOA-2's are literally right around the corner. Each time my phone notifies me of an incoming email or I receive a text message I hope it's the one I've been waiting for - and I know sooner or later the email will arrive.

I think the worst part of the process is not being able to make any solid plans until the visa is approved and in hand. If you had asked me when I first filed in July, I would have thought we'd have the NOA-2 by October and that Fresy would have been here for my birthday (Nov. 9). When that didn't happen, we thought "ok - well not for my birthday, but most likely by Thanksgiving". When that didn't happen, we thought "hmmm, Well Fresy's birthday is December 16 - we'll celebrate together for that"... Now we're hoping for a possibility of Christmas together. If that doesn't happen - there's always Washington's birthday!!!

Arrgh - any day now por favor!!!

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Hi AZ,

As well I agree with YOUR sentiments. Yes, all our plans remain on hold. I keep wondering how many times the PAL website will tolerate my looking at their bookings and rates. :whistle: Too funny! Washington's birthday? I'm thinking more along the lines of Cinco de Mayo at this rate. :rofl:

Nicely put sentiment!

Of course it's difficult to be apart from the one you love, but the stark reality is that there is nothing we can do about the situation except wait for the piece of paper that allows us to move to the next waiting phase of this $hitty process.

As July filers, our good news is that our NOA-2's are literally right around the corner. Each time my phone notifies me of an incoming email or I receive a text message I hope it's the one I've been waiting for - and I know sooner or later the email will arrive.

I think the worst part of the process is not being able to make any solid plans until the visa is approved and in hand. If you had asked me when I first filed in July, I would have thought we'd have the NOA-2 by October and that Fresy would have been here for my birthday (Nov. 9). When that didn't happen, we thought "ok - well not for my birthday, but most likely by Thanksgiving". When that didn't happen, we thought "hmmm, Well Fresy's birthday is December 16 - we'll celebrate together for that"... Now we're hoping for a possibility of Christmas together. If that doesn't happen - there's always Washington's birthday!!!

Arrgh - any day now por favor!!!

Timeline

Hi AZ,

As well I agree with YOUR sentiments. Yes, all our plans remain on hold. I keep wondering how many times the PAL website will tolerate my looking at their bookings and rates. :whistle: Too funny! Washington's birthday? I'm thinking more along the lines of Cinco de Mayo at this rate. :rofl:

Or Arbor day in June... :whistle:

I know what you mean about airline websites. Fresy will fly from San Jose, Costa Rica to Ft. Lauderdale via Spirit Airlines (which could possibly be the WORST airline in the world...). One way fares vary by about $500 depending on the day of departure. There are 2 flights per day - 1 departing at 2:00 in the morning and arriving at 5:55am. The other departs 1:30pm and arrives at 5:30pm. Unfortunately, the 1:30pm flights sell out quickly. My wonderful future wife even agreed to depart at 2:20am from San Jose if that's what we need to do.

Arrrgh! Come on CSC!!!

K-1 JOURNEY

08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
01/04/2011 - Medical
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

we were July filers last year and gt approved january 2011 just 1 day before hitting 6 months. you are almost approaching the 5th month so you can start calling them

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

Hmmm, somewhere I think I'd read that Spirit Airlines is lacking also but I've never flown with them. I've had very good luck with PAL - Philippine Airlines and EVA Air except the flight schedule/routes/dates/times the latter flys doesn't work well for my fiance and I either. When all is said and done, regardless of how she gets there, it'll be worth it in the end. Wishing Fresy and yourself the news you're waiting for...NOA2. In the meantime, make the most of the holidays whether you're together or apart...it's all in the approach!

Cheers.

Or Arbor day in June... :whistle:

I know what you mean about airline websites. Fresy will fly from San Jose, Costa Rica to Ft. Lauderdale via Spirit Airlines (which could possibly be the WORST airline in the world...). One way fares vary by about $500 depending on the day of departure. There are 2 flights per day - 1 departing at 2:00 in the morning and arriving at 5:55am. The other departs 1:30pm and arrives at 5:30pm. Unfortunately, the 1:30pm flights sell out quickly. My wonderful future wife even agreed to depart at 2:20am from San Jose if that's what we need to do.

Arrrgh! Come on CSC!!!

Hi Zharren,

Yes, we're getting close to the 5 month period...sigh. Well, if need be we'll submit an INFOPASS appointment but I'm still hopefull we'll hear something before the end of 2011. Until then, my fiance and I will continue as we are other than Christmas might be a Skype/YM session of gifts and family this year.

Cheers.

we were July filers last year and gt approved january 2011 just 1 day before hitting 6 months. you are almost approaching the 5th month so you can start calling them

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Zharren,

Yes, we're getting close to the 5 month period...sigh. Well, if need be we'll submit an INFOPASS appointment but I'm still hopefull we'll hear something before the end of 2011. Until then, my fiance and I will continue as we are other than Christmas might be a Skype/YM session of gifts and family this year.

Cheers.

Aw! Deja Vu? thats exactly what we did last xmas hehehe. and yes he went for info pass too as we were so pissed already waiting lolkicking.gif

hang in there & be patient. try to enjoy the holidays and know that surely by next year you'll be starting your life together ;)innocent.gif

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

Timeline

Hmmm, somewhere I think I'd read that Spirit Airlines is lacking also but I've never flown with them. I've had very good luck with PAL - Philippine Airlines and EVA Air except the flight schedule/routes/dates/times the latter flys doesn't work well for my fiance and I either. When all is said and done, regardless of how she gets there, it'll be worth it in the end. Wishing Fresy and yourself the news you're waiting for...NOA2. In the meantime, make the most of the holidays whether you're together or apart...it's all in the approach!

Cheers.

Dano...

Spirit is ABSOLUTELY the worst airline in the world, but it offers something that others don't - non stop from San Jose to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.

Spirit is SO bad that you pay for EVERYTHING. Check a bag - $30. Carry on bag - $25, Beverage - $3 (and I mean Coke - not alcohol), Boarding pass $5. If you want a seat INSIDE the plane it's extra :whistle:

We're still hopeful for an approval tomorrow or Tuesday. If so, I think we can get our iterview within 2 weeks and visa in hand by the 22, then POE on December 23. Would be wonderful to celebrate Christmas together in our home.

Thanks for your kind words Dano and I wish you and yours the best of luck also!

K-1 JOURNEY

08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
01/04/2011 - Medical
02/18/2012 - Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

HI all. Glad to hear that we are not the only ones with the same pains of not being together for the holiday's. Just today, Kinga was crying about this whole process. I, just as the rest of us, try to keep her spirits up. I already gave up hope for her to be here for Christmas. The embassy in Warsaw make the appointments for interviews a month in advance. So that puts us into January. Hopefully we can spend Valentine Day together. So I would have to say that I look at as my glass is half full. One day closer to our NOA2 and then finally K-1 visa.

05/25/2010 First-Email to Kinga

05/26/2010 Reply Need I say more how many more =))

08/30/2010 Visit Kinga in Poland

12/26/2010 Visit Kinga for the Christmas Holiday

02/11/2011 Kinga Visits Me

05/25/2011 Kinga Second Visit

K-1

07/15/2011 Mailed I-129F

07/18/2011 Texas Receives I-129f

07/20/2011 NOA-1

07/25/2011 Hard copy NOA-1

08/04/2011 Touched

12/06/2011 NOA-2 (139 DAY'S)

12/12/2011 NOA-2 Hard copy

01/16/2012 NOA-3 Hard copy

02/17/2012 Interview APPROVED!!!!!!!

02/23/2012 Visa in hand

03/05/2012 POE Chicago

04/05/2012 Married

AOS

04/18/2012 Sent AOS package

04/20/2012 NOA-1 I-485 And The wait begins again

04/24/2012 Applications received at MSC

04/25/2012 Hard copies I-797 in hand

05/22/2012 Biometrics done

06/19/2012 I-131 and I-765 approved

06/29/2012 Received AED and AP Card

Hello,

It's good to hear from another with their glass half full. You're around two weeks ahead of my NOA1 so I hope you'll hear something soon. Wouldn't it be great even if it were on the last day of November?! Keeping each other's spirits up...now that's what I'm talking about!

Cheers

HI all. Glad to hear that we are not the only ones with the same pains of not being together for the holiday's. Just today, Kinga was crying about this whole process. I, just as the rest of us, try to keep her spirits up. I already gave up hope for her to be here for Christmas. The embassy in Warsaw make the appointments for interviews a month in advance. So that puts us into January. Hopefully we can spend Valentine Day together. So I would have to say that I look at as my glass is half full. One day closer to our NOA2 and then finally K-1 visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.