venusloverich

NVC question

13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

When my fiancee went for her medical the woman at the desk said she needed a letter from the NVC. I called the NVC and they said they dont send out letters for K1 cause it is sent directly to the embassay and they process it. But I have heard of people getting a letter?? Very confused...........:wacko:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hi,

When my fiancee went for her medical the woman at the desk said she needed a letter from the NVC. I called the NVC and they said they dont send out letters for K1 cause it is sent directly to the embassay and they process it. But I have heard of people getting a letter?? Very confused...........:wacko:

Maybe the woman at the medical office needed to see her package 4 letter showing her interview date with the U.S. embassy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

hi there.. my fiance did received NVC letter more than 2 weeks after the NOA2.. and yes SLEC did ask for my NVC letter yesterday too.. give it some few days more and you'll receive it very soon.. GoodLuck!

Edited by teddy&bear

Timeline

Hi,

The letter they are asking is the one that has the manila case number in it..the petitioner will receive it after NOA2. K1/k2 applicant rarely get any letter from the embassy. I myself had not got any letter from them

Timeline

Hi,

She does not need a letter all she needs is the case number, call up nvc and get ur case number

once u have the case number she should go and pay the interview fee of 350 dollars can be paid at bpi wait 4 to 8 hours than u can go onto the embassey site https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/SiteRegister go there reg and than u can sch. her interview and than go any time once she has the case number she can go and take medical

do not forget to reg for her medical before going will save time http://www.slec.ph/us/registration/index.php

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

Yes, call the NVC and get your MNL case number from them. Then your fiancée can use the MNL case number and your USCIS NOA approval in order to be admitted into St. Lukes for the medical. That's what many VJers have done.

If for some reason that doesn't work, then pay the visa fee at BPI, schedule an interview the following day, and take the interview confirmation printout to St. Lukes. That will work for sure. :thumbs:

Timeline

Thanks for the replies, yes I called NVC, got our MNL number. Schedule online, but when she got to St. Lukes they wanted the NVC letter. They let her do the exam btw. Just curious why the NVC operator would tell me no letter will go out from them??

On a side note they found a spelling error on her passport :crying: (birth place spelled wrong) So she had to go Friday to renew her passport and correct it and St. Lukes wont release information till she has new passport and we cant schedule interview.:bonk: Always something. Can you get it processed faster if you pay more like in the US?

Can you get it processed faster if you pay more like in the US?

Sure you can. Give it try. ;)

Good Luck!

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Oh...OK...St. Lukes allowed her to complete her medical without the NVC letter...so who cares about the NVC letter...you didn't/don't need it.

Also...I'm confused...why can't you schedule an interview?

Timeline

Thanks for the replies, yes I called NVC, got our MNL number. Schedule online, but when she got to St. Lukes they wanted the NVC letter. They let her do the exam btw. Just curious why the NVC operator would tell me no letter will go out from them??

On a side note they found a spelling error on her passport :crying: (birth place spelled wrong) So she had to go Friday to renew her passport and correct it and St. Lukes wont release information till she has new passport and we cant schedule interview.:bonk: Always something. Can you get it processed faster if you pay more like in the US?

You can sch. a interview all u need to do is pay the interview fee once it is paid at bpi all u need to do is wait for 4 to 8 hours after paying ur interview fee of $350 dollars go to https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/SiteRegister that web site regeister and than put in her passport number and than she can sch. a interview no problem at all...

Timeline

Oh...OK...St. Lukes allowed her to complete her medical without the NVC letter...so who cares about the NVC letter...you didn't/don't need it.

Also...I'm confused...why can't you schedule an interview?

On her current passport her birthplace is misspelled, so she has to renew her current passport with the corrections, which will change her passport number. She has done day 1 on her medical but they wont release her results until she has the renewed passport with the correct spelling of her birthplace, nor can she get her shots.

BPI also said to wait for the new passport before paying for interview.

She is just worried when she goes back that same woman is going to ask for the letter again but we will just book our intervuew appointment first and she can bring that.

On her current passport her birthplace is misspelled, so she has to renew her current passport with the corrections, which will change her passport number. She has done day 1 on her medical but they wont release her results until she has the renewed passport with the correct spelling of her birthplace, nor can she get her shots.

BPI also said to wait for the new passport before paying for interview.

She is just worried when she goes back that same woman is going to ask for the letter again but we will just book our intervuew appointment first and she can bring that.

OK...I didn't realize that correcting her passport would result in a new passport number. You don't want to screw things up with BPI and the Embassy. It already screwed things up with St. Lukes since they won't even allow her to complete her medical. I guess you'll just have to wait for the corrected passport.

And yes, just book your interview appointment first before she goes back to St. Lukes. It should take care of that grumpy woman at St. Lukes.

I hope you can get the new passport malapit na. Maybe the guy at the DFA needs a snack. :whistle:

Timeline

We will see she has a appointment Friday so I told her to see if she can speeds things up :whistle: Funny she had that thing for 4 years no one noticed it, even went to Jordan on it :lol:

Edited by venusloverich

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.