Brusik

Medvedev's Nato Policy

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

I just read this and I am curious to see what Nato's response will be...

The articles I have read make it seem like Russia has the upper hand..........

Condoleeza Rice and others were saying Russia was Provoking Saakashvilli into a war and they warned him not to buy into Putin's games..

Grigol Vashadze – I want to Calm the Kremlin by saying that Everything is All Right Regarding NATO 16:14 22-11-2011 e8206a574dad0ec6bbf4cb070367273e.jpg Dmitry Medvedev’s statement was responded to by Georgia Minister of Foreign affairs Grigol Vashadze. He told Ekho Moskvi that one of the reasons for the Russian aggression was to block Georgia’s course to enter NATO.

“Medvedev is not the first to say this. Mr. Rogozin said something like that before. This is nothing but remembering what was planned in the Kremlin in the beginning of 2008 and what was implemented in august 2008, when the Russian army invaded Georgian territory, killing 500 civilians, bombing cities and destroying infrastructure. One of the reasons for this aggression was to stop Georgia on its way to NATO, though they don’t speak about other goals. Namely, that they wanted to stop economic and democratic reforms in Georgia, restrict freedom of choice of Georgian people and change democratically elected government of Georgia. Now they for some reason decided to speak about what they did in 2008 with pride”, Vashadze said.

Vashadze doesn’t think there is a single politically naïve person in the West who would believe all the statements made by Moscow in the horrible days of august, about Russia protecting its peacekeepers, forcing Georgia peace, like Russia and bands trained by it didn’t bomb towns and villages. Vashadze says that everyone in the west perceive that Russia started war in 2008.

“The result of this knowledge is the resolutions, adopted by legislative bodies of all democratic, free countries, from the U.S. Senate to latest resolution from the European Parliament. If not for this knowledge, our advance to the Eruoepan Union would not be so vehement. From autumn of 2008 till today, we almost implemented the maximum of the talk in creating the legal base of our cooperation with European Union. I want to calm the Kremlin: Everything is all right regarding the advance to NATO and this will be over with a desirable result soon”, Grigol Vashadze said.

Vashadze said that there is a proverb that everything may happen in Russia but the tragedy is that all this may repeat.

“What about the Russian aggression, nothing can be excluded. Unfortunately we happen to be a neighbor of the unpredictable state, having no notion of its interior or foreign affairs. I think that repeating the military aggression against today’s Georgia would equal suicide. Russia will finally turn into a country that is impossible to have civilized dialogue with. I think that Russia missed the chance in 2008. They had goals, but they failed to realize them. I consider that history will no longer give this chance to the Russian military”, Vashadze said.

"If you...had faltered back in 2008, the geopolitical situation would be different now," Medvedev said in a speech to soldiers at a base in Vladikavkaz, just north of the Georgian border. "And a number of countries which (NATO) tried to deliberately drag into the alliance, would have most likely already been part of it now."

Who are we to tell someone they can't have a unilateral invasion of a sovereign nation?

And Condi should be the last person even remotely discussing this sort of thing. She's the one that sent the note.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

We should invite Iran into NATO. Maybe Russia will invade them :lol:

I'm worried when this all goes down that Russia will support Iran.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

I'm worried when this all goes down that Russia will support Iran.

If Iran tried to join the EU, Russia would nuke 'em :devil:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.