Teachers

How to track NVC received, NVC sent, Consulate received?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know that one can get these dates somehow. But I've searched on these terms and look at the procedure pages, and not found the details.

How do I find out when NVC receives my package from CSC? Is there any way other than to call/email every couple of days? This seems very inefficienct for me and them.

How do I find out when NVC sends my material to the consulate? How do I find out the DHL tracking number?

How do I find out when DHL delivers it to the consulate? In our case (China) that seems to vary from a week to two months or more. This seems very unlikely for DHL.

Thanks for your help on next steps.

Is there some way to add this information to the FAQ, to make things more informative for all?

Tom

Thank for for updating your timeline. (My Assistant, then edit/add my timeline.)
K1

You have to phone and speak to someone at NVC. K-visas are not entered into their automated system because the'yre not held as long as the rest.

Sorry. No way aroud it if you want to keep track. Keep dialing.

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

To find out when NVC received and sent, the good old phone worked for me, I just called them 1 ot 2 times a week and asked about status. The time on hold is short and they are helpful on the phone.

For DHL I did this:

GO to DHL Worlwide Express website http://www.dhl.com

Select USA

A new page will open

At the top highlight tracking and click on TRACK BY REFERENCE

In the Reference field type CORRESPONDENCE

For the Shipment date you should select a day before and after the date NVC said they sent your file.

Customer number leave blank

Origin Postal code should be 03801

Then Click Track

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
To find out when NVC received and sent, the good old phone worked for me, I just called them 1 ot 2 times a week and asked about status. The time on hold is short and they are helpful on the phone.

For DHL I did this:

GO to DHL Worlwide Express website http://www.dhl.com

Select USA

A new page will open

At the top highlight tracking and click on TRACK BY REFERENCE

In the Reference field type CORRESPONDENCE

For the Shipment date you should select a day before and after the date NVC said they sent your file.

Customer number leave blank

Origin Postal code should be 03801

Then Click Track

Thanks for the information. Your time from NOA2 to Guangzhou receipt is fantastic. I can only hope ours goes as fast!!

Tom

Thank for for updating your timeline. (My Assistant, then edit/add my timeline.)
K1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Thanks for the information. Your time from NOA2 to Guangzhou receipt is fantastic. I can only hope ours goes as fast!!

Tom

My Yu is excited by the progress, I just hope Guangzhou moves quicker than what they historically do. One quick note when using DHL I noticed that NVC sent 2 packages to Guangzhou on the same day one arrived there much faster than the other, I assume the quicker may have been an envelope, and the slower may have been a box the one with the petitions in it. Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.