38 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's been 4 months and 1 day now since we receive our NOA1 then my Fiance didn't get a chance to call for follow-up, sometimes it went to arguments for us if we talk about it.Just to share how frustrating it is when you don't know when is it coming my friends who went thru K1 advice me to follow up and ask to USCIS but my Fiance always busy :(:(:(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's been 4 months and 1 day now since we receive our NOA1 then my Fiance didn't get a chance to call for follow-up, sometimes it went to arguments for us if we talk about it.Just to share how frustrating it is when you don't know when is it coming my friends who went thru K1 advice me to follow up and ask to USCIS but my Fiance always busy :(:(:(

try to relax no way to rush noa2 u should be getting it in a 3 to 4 weeks, when it comes to waiting for noa 2 mine did not come tell almost 5 months just get all ur other things ready and try not to think about it to much or u will go crazy, once noa 2 comes u will be very busy

GOOD LUCK

Edited by sea-town

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Your NOA-2 should be coming pretty soon (figure within the next 3 weeks or so). It is IMPORTANT for your fiance to share the progress of the case with you so you can prepare for the interview stage.

Good luck.

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Timeline

Thanks,yea very frustrating I read some filers here got in 3months and i wonder if we got RFE ,lacking documents cause my fiance did not try to call USCIS for follow up.I read July filers here in Texas got approved already in NOA2. :(

Timeline

Your NOA-2 should be coming pretty soon (figure within the next 3 weeks or so). It is IMPORTANT for your fiance to share the progress of the case with you so you can prepare for the interview stage.

Good luck.

I hope so, Thanks! I try to talk to him about it but i don't know if he's stress more than I am. We can't have a day just talk about everything preparing for paperwork so it gets me more sad and frustrated.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks,yea very frustrating I read some filers here got in 3months and i wonder if we got RFE ,lacking documents cause my fiance did not try to call USCIS for follow up.I read July filers here in Texas got approved already in NOA2. :(

Ever case is different, you can not compare your case to other cases. I've seen cases where people got an NOA2 in 2-3 weeks, 1 month and have seen people wait 6 months. This process is all about waiting, you're dealing with a government agency. So just be patient, if your NOA2 will arrive, besides... no amount of worry and frustration will help.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

Why being so frustrated at all?there are other peole out there have worst case like your ie,got denied,criminal record,ban for ten yrs etc...the noa2 approximatey 7 -8 mos some gotten their approval for some reason,who knows when u apply aos will get approve as fast as lightning,

If I we're you I would gather those evidence of bonafide relationship,pictures etc organize it will well put in clear envelop,eat healthy for your interview,go search for those forms etc so when your approval arrives its all ready to roll,try to avoid thinking too much it will bw there soonnnn

Ronluvme

Timeline

Ever case is different, you can not compare your case to other cases. I've seen cases where people got an NOA2 in 2-3 weeks, 1 month and have seen people wait 6 months. This process is all about waiting, you're dealing with a government agency. So just be patient, if your NOA2 will arrive, besides... no amount of worry and frustration will help.

Okay thanks i appreciate it, ill just think it'll come soon.I hope we don't get RFE but i doubt sometimes and bothers me cause my fiance didn't have copy of all those documents he sent for I-129f so i am only crossing my fingers now for luck.

Timeline

Hi,

Why being so frustrated at all?there are other peole out there have worst case like your ie,got denied,criminal record,ban for ten yrs etc...the noa2 approximatey 7 -8 mos some gotten their approval for some reason,who knows when u apply aos will get approve as fast as lightning,

If I we're you I would gather those evidence of bonafide relationship,pictures etc organize it will well put in clear envelop,eat healthy for your interview,go search for those forms etc so when your approval arrives its all ready to roll,try to avoid thinking too much it will bw there soonnnn

Ronluvme

I take your advice too, thanks! I did start to gather some of documents. Think we have enough to prove for almost 5 yrs since i met my Fiance.Only thing making me fight all frustrations is when he reminds me will get through this and we will be together.I hope to hear anything about NOA2 soon.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Okay thanks i appreciate it, ill just think it'll come soon.I hope we don't get RFE but i doubt sometimes and bothers me cause my fiance didn't have copy of all those documents he sent for I-129f so i am only crossing my fingers now for luck.

I do understand your concern about getting a RFE, however, all you can do is wait to see if you will in fact get a RFE. If and when you get it, be prepared to respond quickly.

Do you know what was not included in the I-129F package? If you know what documents were not included, get them ready now.

Did you send youor fiance the check list of all documents to be included with the I-129F?

You have support here, but to worry now for that which is out of your control is not healthy for you, just deal with it when the time comes... relax a little Eve. :)

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Timeline

I do understand your concern about getting a RFE, however, all you can do is wait to see if you will in fact get a RFE. If and when you get it, be prepared to respond quickly.

Do you know what was not included in the I-129F package? If you know what documents were not included, get them ready now.

Did you send youor fiance the check list of all documents to be included with the I-129F?

You have support here, but to worry now for that which is out of your control is not healthy for you, just deal with it when the time comes... relax a little Eve. :)

I wrote intent letter and fill up G-325A when my Fiance ask me and send it to him together with passport picture.I also send Cenomar to him even it wasn't ask there yet so he can have copy,I ask today if he did make his own intent letter i think about he forgot to make his own.He said he did so it less my worries but we have to get thru argument just because of it, :( I don't like the waiting process it also includes a test of relationship but we all have to get thru it.The proof of on going relationship and meeting in person, our couple pictures he sent he forgot to write the date and where it was taken.Only proves there was the email back 2007 he got and phone record on May this year before I-129f sent late June.Hoping its enough.I know how forgetful my Fiance sometimes it misunderstand already if i keep reminding him.Now I am going through this i have to keep it alone by myself and don't get him more stress.I only check status it still on Initial review.~ Thanks again and Best wishes to all...

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Did you Fiance give you the receipt number from the NOA1, if so you can go to the USCIS site and check things yourself. I gave Amy that number as soon as it arrived.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

or, you can start doing the "99 bottles of beer on the wall" thingy.

Only ... better start with "99,999 bottles".. :whistle::crying::help:

07/27/2011...........NOA1 received.

12/05/2011...........RFE received.

12/13/2011...........RFE response sent.

12/16/2011...........RFE RESPONSE received by Vermont S.C.

12/22/2011...........Teased by a text-message from uscis, saying they have received my response to the RFE.

12/30/2011...........LA VISA APROVADOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

01/12/2012...........Case Sent To Bogota Colombia, from the National Visa Center.

02/09/2012...........Schedule Interview.

03/23/2012...........Interview (to take place then)!

04/07/2012...........Arrived in USA.

07/01/2012...........MARRIED!

What next?

.......How the days DO slip away!

Timeline

Did you Fiance give you the receipt number from the NOA1, if so you can go to the USCIS site and check things yourself. I gave Amy that number as soon as it arrived.

Yes when Noa1 arrived 1sr week July, my fiance sent me the message from USCIS. I check online but since then my Fiance didn't get chance to call service center for any follow up,my Fiance is Military i understand when we didn't talk about it when his underway now back in shore hope will get update cause takes longer.~ thanks and best wishes...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.