sonicgihad

Errors on I-129F application

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I discovered a bunch of errors on my I-129F application. I got so caught up on proof and the other docs that I overlooked a bunch of stuff on the I-129F app. I left things blank when I should have answered with NONE. I answered N/A when I should ahve answered with NONE.

What happens now? Will my app get rejected and returned or will I get an RFE? Whats the best course of action at this point? I tried to get it back from the post office in Lewisville and this morning the Supervisor said they found my mail and will be sending it back to me by Express mail the tracking this morning also reflected that but when I checked the tracking number tonight. It showed as delivered.

What can I do now. Please advise.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Maybe an RFE but maybe the "n/a" and "none"'s are a small enough detail that an adjudicator will just gloss over it. No big deal! just fix it and send it back!

I-129F Sent : 2011-01-20

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-01-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-06-08

Packet 3 Received : 2011-07-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2011-07-03

Packet 4 Received : 2011-07-21

Interview Date : 2011-08-24

Interview Result :Approved!

POE: 2011-09-12

Married: 2011-09-30

AOS filed: 2011-10-17

NOA1: 2011-10-25

Biometrics Appt: 2011-11-09

Case transferred to CSC: 2011-12-23

EAD approval: 2011-12-28

Husband secretly pulled I-864 thus cancelling I-485 application 2012-05-10

F22zm4.png[/center]

I discovered a bunch of errors on my I-129F application. I got so caught up on proof and the other docs that I overlooked a bunch of stuff on the I-129F app. I left things blank when I should have answered with NONE. I answered N/A when I should ahve answered with NONE.

What happens now? Will my app get rejected and returned or will I get an RFE? Whats the best course of action at this point? I tried to get it back from the post office in Lewisville and this morning the Supervisor said they found my mail and will be sending it back to me by Express mail the tracking this morning also reflected that but when I checked the tracking number tonight. It showed as delivered.

It depends on the agent. I wouldnt worry about substituting the N/A for the None. Although it's a flub they can accept your answer as your intent was clear. More worrisome are the blank entries because they cant read intent. They dont know if you intended it to be blank or just forgot to enter the info. It would depend on WHICH question you left blank, some questions are critical and MUST be answered (even with a None).

Worse case you get an RFE asking for clarification, and I am sure this is a common error. Doubt it would delay things if you respond quickly.

Edited by Brian_N_Phuong

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

just have another one ready filed the right way, in case the other one is returned to you or you get a RFE.also always make two sets of files.one copy you keep of every thing you send them.

Timeline

When being asked for Alen numbers, I left those blank when None or N/A would have been applicable. Are those grounds for denial or is the worst case scenario them having me resubmit a more complete app. Any idea how much delay I just caused myself?

When being asked for Alen numbers,

Did you mean the "A#" number??

I doubt if that would be a problem on a 129F, especially since that number would not have been assigned at this point. There are some other questions that cant be left blank, but doubt if that one is a deal killer!

just have another one ready filed the right way, in case the other one is returned to you or you get a RFE.also always make two sets of files.one copy you keep of every thing you send them.

Are you saying have another one filled out and ready to go, or to send in another 129F? The latter would be a serious no-no

Are you saying have another one filled out and ready to go, or to send in another 129F? The latter would be a serious no-no

just have another one ready filled the right way, in case the other one is returned to you or you get a RFE. also always make two sets of files.one copy you keep of every thing you send them.

based on this I'd assume jkelly meant the former :)

Brandy + Ben = <3
Dating online since June 2009
Met Feb 23rd 2010
Lived together in US on J1 Visa since Sept 28th 2010
Got engaged on Sept 21st 2011 :)
He went back to Australia at the end of his J1 Visa on Sept 22nd 2011 :(

Sent I129 on 10/26/2011
Received: 10/27/2011
NOA1 dated: 10/31/2011
NOA1 received in mail: 11/4/2011

NOA2!!!!! 01/25/2012 in 86 days! :wow:
Married June 4th 2012 <3

Like "I Support Austramerican Relationships" on Facebook!

Timeline

Did you mean the "A#" number??

I doubt if that would be a problem on a 129F, especially since that number would not have been assigned at this point. There are some other questions that cant be left blank, but doubt if that one is a deal killer!

Yeah the A#, I just assumed that stood for the Alien Number on a Green Card. That apparently has been my key mistake. I have made so many assumptions that's gonna be biting me in the butt. I didn't answer it cuz it didn't apply and neither one of us have one. I'm just afraid that the reviewer might nitpick and decide to deny or rfe our app.

You know what though, I had the Lewisville post office retrieve that mail this morning and the supervisor said he had it returned already. Maybe there's areason it got sent anyway. I'm just hoping that I'm worrying over nothing here. But I'll get the correct ones ready to go out just in case it our app comes back with an RFE.

For those that got an RFE, how long did it take for them to review the requested docs and get the app moving again?

Edited by sonicgihad

Timeline

Spoke to thepost office a few minutes ago, The supervisor swore he sent it back to me. He said it showed as delivered because they can't take it off the sheet that goes to USCIS when they signfor delivery. Hope I get it back today so I can send it out today. I already have the right docs waiting.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I used N/A throught all my paperwork for our K1 and have been approved no worries

I used N/A throught all my paperwork for our K1 and have been approved no worries

Yes, but the OP said he left things blank which is a whole world different. Some questions have to be answered, and the USCIS would have no way of determing your intent (did you mean "None", or forget to answer)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Yeah the A#, I just assumed that stood for the Alien Number on a Green Card. That apparently has been my key mistake. I have made so many assumptions that's gonna be biting me in the butt. I didn't answer it cuz it didn't apply and neither one of us have one. I'm just afraid that the reviewer might nitpick and decide to deny or rfe our app.

If all you did was leave the space for A# empty, you may get an RFE. Denying someone for leaving a field blank that doesn't apply to them anyway blank is a bit extreme. USCIS is strict about how you fill out your forms, but most of the time if they ever issue a denial it is with reasonable cause and for far more serious issues than what you're describing (ex. petitioner did not disclose criminal past, petitioner or beneficiary lied on their application, the relationship is clearly constructed for the purposes of visa fraud, etc). The most you might have to deal with is some extra waiting due to an RFE.

When being asked for Alen numbers, I left those blank when None or N/A would have been applicable. Are those grounds for denial or is the worst case scenario them having me resubmit a more complete app. Any idea how much delay I just caused myself?

I really doubt you'll have to resubmit an entirely new I-129F packet. When my fiance and I got an RFE, it was for missing a checkbox. The RFE consisted of one piece of paper. The front telling us why we got the RFE. The back had the question with the missed checkbox. All we had to do was check the checkbox then sign it and send it back to them. If they really want you to fill in those blank spaces, they will probably send them to you on a piece of paper like they did with us.

In terms of delay, it's hard to say. It depends on which service center you're at and what the service center is focused on. I'd say a conservative estimate on delay is 60 days if you even get an RFE. But it's hard to gauge what will happen down the road and what the service centers will be doing.

For those that got an RFE, how long did it take for them to review the requested docs and get the app moving again?

Depends on your service center. I was at VSC. After we sent our RFE response, they acknowledged receipt about a week later and then it took them a little over a month to review and then approve us.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.