nicky&imad

Question about pictures

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello Vj!! I have a question and it is directed to Moroccan members, unless you want to answer, its ok, lol. Anyway, I am starting to gather my evidence to start Imad's and my K-1 journey. My question is, Can i send pics of us in our "wedding" party, even though we did NOT get married?? We had planned on getting married when i went to visit him, but i had some bad luck and didnt have everything i needed when i got there. His mom was so sad for me because she knew I wanted to experience the henna and the party and beautiful dresses, so she went ahead and planned this big party for us, too celebrate. It was so beautiful. I have tons of pics of Imad and I with family and friends at the party, but of course they are with me wearing the dresses and the henna. I don't want the consulate to think we are married when we really are not married. I just want to get some more opinions before I send all this stuff out and don't want to ruin any chances we may have. Thank you in advance to everyone's answers and god bless all of us on our long journey's

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello Vj!! I have a question and it is directed to Moroccan members, unless you want to answer, its ok, lol. Anyway, I am starting to gather my evidence to start Imad's and my K-1 journey. My question is, Can i send pics of us in our "wedding" party, even though we did NOT get married?? We had planned on getting married when i went to visit him, but i had some bad luck and didnt have everything i needed when i got there. His mom was so sad for me because she knew I wanted to experience the henna and the party and beautiful dresses, so she went ahead and planned this big party for us, too celebrate. It was so beautiful. I have tons of pics of Imad and I with family and friends at the party, but of course they are with me wearing the dresses and the henna. I don't want the consulate to think we are married when we really are not married. I just want to get some more opinions before I send all this stuff out and don't want to ruin any chances we may have. Thank you in advance to everyone's answers and god bless all of us on our long journey's

I strongly suggest you DO NOT send anything that looks anything like a wedding. You do not have other pictures?

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I do , but i was just wondering if it would be bad to send them. And i wanted to make sure i would have enough pics. Alot of my pics at the end of my visit, show the henna on my hands. I hope it wont be a problem. :(

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

You certainly do not want to present any pics that remotely look like a marriage ceremony, you are correct in your thinking here. No need to have a CO suspicious of a marriage that never took place.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Timeline

I do , but i was just wondering if it would be bad to send them. And i wanted to make sure i would have enough pics. Alot of my pics at the end of my visit, show the henna on my hands. I hope it wont be a problem. :(

DO NOT proceed with any portion of this process on the basis of "hope". The USA recognizes religious weddings, even if Morocco does not. There have been MANY cases here of K-1s being rejected for this reason and guess what, you still do not have a marriage certificate so you do not qualify for a CR-1 either.

You are going to have a difficlult time as it is with one of the most difficult consulates in the world, so do not start off shooting yourself in the foot. Send other photos. DO NOT send anything that could be connected to marriage in that culture. NOTHING.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Exactly, and if so, how would I prove that we are not married after?? that would be even harder

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

There is no problem with sending these pics.... If you don't have a marriage contract from an Adoul then it will simply be thought of as an engagement party..... A large majority of folks who go through the visa process with Moroccans have these parties....

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

Timeline

Both my sister in-law and brother inlaw had a party like this and submitted the pics and got their visa's

Thank you for opinion :D I hope that i make the right decision

Timeline

Exactly, and if so, how would I prove that we are not married after?? that would be even harder

Good question. Always hard to prove a negative. I am NOT an NFL football player but I cannot prove it.

What kind of ceremony was this? Was it a fake wedding to "satisfy" relatives? (why would relatives be satisfied with a FAKE wedding? I never got that) Or was it a culturally recognized "engagement" ceremony? In some cultures they have these elaborate engagement ceremonies which are well known NOT to be a marriage ceremony and in some cultures and consulates it would be considered "required". Viet Nam is an example.

I have never heard of this in Morroco. Ask in the regional forums but what seems common there are the fake weddings where they go through the motions and do not register it and those are BAD to present. If this "henna" (I know it is some sort of temporary tattoo) is indictative of a MARRIAGE, do not show them this.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Thank you for opinion :D I hope that i make the right decision

Do not "hope"! Research, learn and then MAKE the right decision.

If the concensus of people using that consulate is that htese are OK then go and use them. It is always my advice not to use them if in any doubt. Seriously, there have been a lot of cases at VJ wher visas were rejected for this. Use the forum search and you will find many of these.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Almost all my pics have henna, even the ones before we married..... People get henna for different reasons not just marriage.....

First off.... There is no such thing as "ENGAGEMENT" in Islam so if your guy is muslim you should know these things......

These "PARTIES" are watered down versions of a "MOROCCAN" wedding as there really is no celebration like this in Islam.... there is no wedding ceramony.... The couple signs thier contract with the Imam or Adoul and then have a "WALIMAH" which is a feast that they invite the muslim community to to announce thier union... if one were following Islamic standards.....

And if Islamic steps were not taken to "MARRY" you then you were not married....

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

Timeline

Do not "hope"! Research, learn and then MAKE the right decision.

If the concensus of people using that consulate is that htese are OK then go and use them. It is always my advice not to use them if in any doubt. Seriously, there have been a lot of cases at VJ wher visas were rejected for this. Use the forum search and you will find many of these.

Thank you for your help, thats why i asked the question, so i can be informed before i made my decision :) I appreciate any answer and will think it through wisely

Timeline

Almost all my pics have henna, even the ones before we married..... People get henna for different reasons not just marriage.....

First off.... There is no such thing as "ENGAGEMENT" in Islam so if your guy is muslim you should know these things......

These "PARTIES" are watered down versions of a "MOROCCAN" wedding as there really is no celebration like this in Islam.... there is no wedding ceramony.... The couple signs thier contract with the Imam or Adoul and then have a "WALIMAH" which is a feast that they invite the muslim community to to announce thier union... if one were following Islamic standards.....

And if Islamic steps were not taken to "MARRY" you then you were not married....

We definelty did not get married, we wanted too but i didnt bring all the correct paperwork before i left, :( His mom wanted me to experience the tradition, so she had a party for us, that was all. My fiance and his sister did talk to the adoul first, but because i didnt have everything, we couldnt get married.

Timeline

We definelty did not get married, we wanted too but i didnt bring all the correct paperwork before i left, :( His mom wanted me to experience the tradition, so she had a party for us, that was all. My fiance and his sister did talk to the adoul first, but because i didnt have everything, we couldnt get married.

It is a long tedious process to marry in Morocco... It took us a little over 2 months..... So much running around... It was nuts... So glad that part is over..

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.