108 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

They say it's a good sign if the USEM kept the passports, but ive noticed here that the waiting time is longer than others who's passports were returned and asked to send back via 2go together with the addtnl documents... They get approved and received their visas within a week or two.

@Charlize it's good that they received your NBI already and just waiting for your medical results, regarding the medical result delay, you may wanna ask Marty & Maricel (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/user/107648-marty-and-maricel/) They've been thru the same issue with SLEC...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Guys! Reading all the replied here makes me feel more confused of the USem procedures...... tsk..tsk....some they kept the passport and others they gave it back just like mine.....And how come it take so long like months of reviewing it....isn't so unfair that the visa application was already paid and i guess the applicants has the right to know as soon as possible if it is really approve or not and not giving any false hope :( Well. let us just all be positive and hope for the best.....May God bless US all....

Timeline

K1 - interview on Sept 13 (221G for information clarity of previous filing of petition c/o fiance)

Sept 20 - submitted the letter from fiance, CO not around, pre screener requested for original divorce decree, using the same 221G letter

Sept 28 - 3rd time at the embassy, submission of court certified divorce decree. CO was there, only mentioned about the first requirement, it was accepted but my case will be under AP. She said they'll call me after a week...obviously not :crying:

Could you please explain the previous filing of petition? What exactly did the CO want?

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

@southcalhog..yes I was very pissed when the pre screener insisted in getting the original or court certified divorce decree -- I did argue but not too far, sad to say but they always have the final decision.

Sassytay I'm getting my fiance to call them, there is only one guy who I get to speak too everytime I call and yes...he was the pre screener grrrr! I am so ready to hear some good news from the embassy. Getting saturated at work already because of this visa delay.

Feb 6, 2012 - POE Detroit

April 17 - Got married

**AOS Stage**

May 22, 2012 - AOS submission

May 24 - received date

May 25 - transfer notice of I485 to CSC

May 29 - NOA1 by mail

June 25 - Biometrics at Atlanta

June 29 - received a second appointment notice for repeat biometrics

July 16 - Second biometrics at Atlanta

July 28 - EAD card production notification received

Aug 2 - USPS picked up card notification received

Aug 4 - received EAD in the mail

March 26,2013 - AOS interview

April 11, 2013 - GC approval date

April 19,2013 - received GC in the mail

Timeline

My fiance was married to a Filipina who was at that time on a working visa. So they filed a petition for her to change status and that's what caused the 221G. The CO wanted my fiance to explain about that because in the I129F, we answered NO to previous filing of petition. Explanation acknowledged by the CO but put me to AP.

April 17 - Got married

**AOS Stage**

May 24 - received date

May 29 - NOA1 by mail

Timeline

10/27/11- interview k1 and k2 [221g they want me to send NBI with aka married name]

11/03/11-called the slec and US embassy

also the embassy told me that they still didnt receive my medical result that time,i finished my medical oct 20 and my interview was oct 27 so they have 7days to verify it before sending it to usem,but when i called the slec after the day of my interview i asked them as to why they didnt send it before that day they told me bcoz of verification! bullshit!i had delays before then till now i still have it! delays delays!i also called usem to ask if they received my nbi with aka via 2go,the lady i talked there said that they already have it but the medical,i dont know!its hard to connect to usem numbers i took me a thousand times before some1 answered my calls!but i noticed that other women here,they sent their passport together with the 221g documents that needed,but me,the embassy didnt give my passport back to me,they keep it together with my kidz passport when i talked to the lady in window when she gave me the 221g paper.

Timeline

same with me charlize,they didnt give my passport back,they just gave me the 221g. Im still worried about my visa,no clue if its going to be denied or approved, I sent the documents they were asking for and they will receive it on tuesday.You should call the SLEC if they already sent the medical.

Timeline

My fiance was married to a Filipina who was at that time on a working visa. So they filed a petition for her to change status and that's what caused the 221G. The CO wanted my fiance to explain about that because in the I129F, we answered NO to previous filing of petition. Explanation acknowledged by the CO but put me to AP.

Ok Now I see.he was Married before and they filed to change their Status and the Co wanted info about that since you guys answered No on the petition. I dont know what to think about their answers to that Divorce Question.I Emailed USEM and they replied back that photocopies will do for interview. But I see Vjers saying the Pre-Screener asking for Original or Certified copys. I guess I will play it safe and send her Certified Copy just to be sure and Photocopy.:wow:

Edited by southcalhog

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

Hi Guys! Reading all the replied here makes me feel more confused of the USem procedures...... tsk..tsk....some they kept the passport and others they gave it back just like mine.....And how come it take so long like months of reviewing it....isn't so unfair that the visa application was already paid and i guess the applicants has the right to know as soon as possible if it is really approve or not and not giving any false hope :( Well. let us just all be positive and hope for the best.....May God bless US all....

Makes me more Confused also.they give different Answers to a single Question.:help:

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

It is confusing and irritating as well. The CO never insisted on seeing the original divorce decree because she probably knew it's filed somewhere else. I guess the time I submitted our reply to 221G she wasn't around so the pre screener got his chance of giving me a round about...kakainis mga sis!

April 17 - Got married

**AOS Stage**

May 24 - received date

May 29 - NOA1 by mail

Timeline

same with me charlize,they didnt give my passport back,they just gave me the 221g. Im still worried about my visa,no clue if its going to be denied or approved, I sent the documents they were asking for and they will receive it on tuesday.You should call the SLEC if they already sent the medical.

im irritated also! me and my fiance waited for so long almost a year before we got our noa2! i hope that CO will have considerations about my case coz theres no big reason namn for us to get a denial,NO REASON for them to do that! the slec has the fault namn as to why they didnt send my medical result in those days b4 my interview,sobrang unfair sila samin!minsan naiiyak nlng ako sa galit!

Timeline

Same here, they also kept mine and my children's passports. But the 221g was mailed to me a week later. I had no idea at first. Glad I found this site cause I was nearly freakin out as to why they told me "wait till you hear from us" aren't they supposed to tell the applicants wether it's approved or not?? Then I remember I actually provoked the CO to run his own investigation regarding my civil status cause he kept asking me if I was married to the father of my kids during my interview. So he really did it and put me on AR/AP. Lol

can i ask why they didnt give you the 221g white paper after you had ur interview at usem? i mean why they mailed it to you instead of giving it right on time after your done talking to the consul? yuo know what,as im reading other peoples situaton here,iguess it depends on the mood of the CO or the pre screener,they knew that they can tell what they want to us bcoz we dont have a choice but to follow what they told us,but i wish na sana maisip namn nila na we spend a lot of money,time and effort about this!

Timeline

me neither,i am so so so confused about the usem procedures!!!!!!!

Timeline

Timeline

i was wondering also...Why they gave back your passport and keep mine?lol... I wanna know if they told u that your visa still in process not denied though?Hope not...really makes me wonder why they gave back the passport and keep others u know.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.