108 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

same with me charlize,they didnt give my passport back,they just gave me the 221g. Im still worried about my visa,no clue if its going to be denied or approved, I sent the documents they were asking for and they will receive it on tuesday.You should call the SLEC if they already sent the medical.

Hi truly, thanks for participating. Would you mind to tell us the reason for your 221g?

Timeline

@southcalhog..yes I was very pissed when the pre screener insisted in getting the original or court certified divorce decree -- I did argue but not too far, sad to say but they always have the final decision.

Sassytay I'm getting my fiance to call them, there is only one guy who I get to speak too everytime I call and yes...he was the pre screener grrrr! I am so ready to hear some good news from the embassy. Getting saturated at work already because of this visa delay.

Very confusing sis... But if your CO accepted just the divorce decree copy together with the letter of explanation already, why would your pre-screener keep pushing you to provide the original copy?? I thought the CO has the final say wether to approve the visa or not and not the Filipino pre-screeners? I wonder if you can request an appointment or second interview with your CO and see what else does he need from you...

Timeline

Hi sassy, the reason why ? they asked me more current income from my fiancee. Dont know why the consul asked that when he has his bank statement(until month of september) for past 2 years and tax return for past 3 years. My fiancee makes close to $2,500 a month and they said about 125% poverty level.Im worried if my application get denied bcuz heard from some of the vj members that the embassy won't accept 90% of cosponsor.We sent my cosponsor's AOS and tax return bcuz im sure my fiancee cant provide current income anymore since his bank statement is current.Last month of his current income was september 2011. Please update me what will happen to your application. And to those who got 221g that went through it please share the result,whether denied or approved.Goodluck to all of us.Very lucky those who got approved on the day of the interview.Not like us who got 221g.lol We dont know yet if they will deny or approve us u know.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sassytay sis.. I won't go further than following up and I call DOS for updates while I get my fiance to call the embassy, they are friendlier to the US citizen than us, another sad truth. I was being interviewed at the Singapore consulate not Manila. Exactly why I was very furious when I got out of the building, bakit yung CO hindi hiningi or sinabi sa 221G tapos tong a$#!%&€!!! hayyy! Bwiset pa rin ako sa kanya kahit medyo tagal na. I wish masettle na tong mga issues natin, this wait is somehow unfair. In a month's time kaya naman nilang tapusin ang process if they'll just sit down on it. They have the database kahit nga mga histories natatrack nila davah! Wait na nga sa NOAs tapos eto pa.

Feb 6, 2012 - POE Detroit

April 17 - Got married

**AOS Stage**

May 22, 2012 - AOS submission

May 24 - received date

May 25 - transfer notice of I485 to CSC

May 29 - NOA1 by mail

June 25 - Biometrics at Atlanta

June 29 - received a second appointment notice for repeat biometrics

July 16 - Second biometrics at Atlanta

July 28 - EAD card production notification received

Aug 2 - USPS picked up card notification received

Aug 4 - received EAD in the mail

March 26,2013 - AOS interview

April 11, 2013 - GC approval date

April 19,2013 - received GC in the mail

Timeline

can i ask why they didnt give you the 221g white paper after you had ur interview at usem? i mean why they mailed it to you instead of giving it right on time after your done talking to the consul? yuo know what,as im reading other peoples situaton here,iguess it depends on the mood of the CO or the pre screener,they knew that they can tell what they want to us bcoz we dont have a choice but to follow what they told us,but i wish na sana maisip namn nila na we spend a lot of money,time and effort about this!

No idea sis, i guess they forgot? Lol When my fiance called them and asked about our visa status they told him they will request my Cenomar re-verification themselves and will let us know in 3 weeks when our visas will be issued. Then my fiance voluntarily told them we're lacking of ITR's but the lady told him it's alright, if they need more addntl docs they will notify me and will mail me a letter of request. I found this site and learned about NSO re-verification form that's why I email-ed the USEM and asked why I wasn't given this form after my interview, received a reply from them after 2 days and told me they will forward my inquiry to the visa processing unit for proper action. Received another email few days after, said they mailed me the re-verification form for my Cenomar to be taken to NSO pasay. I received the letter on October 14 and complied right away. I also added the copy of fiancé's ITR and my 2 old passports which they told me they don't need anymore. Lol

I'm thinking our delay was caused by no one but ME. lol first, I provoked my CO by telling him to feel free to do his own investigation if he doesn't believe me that I am/was NOT married to my kids father. Second, I feel like I triggered the "re-verification thing" myself because I emailed and asked them about it. It's like I gave them the whole idea of making me pay for another cenomar request and delay our paperworks which I totally regret all this time... The saying is true, "Less talk, less mistake." lol Now I'm paying the price for being too assertive... :( I forgot that it's the immigration people that I am dealing with and not just ordinary people. *_*

Timeline

Sassytay sis.. I won't go further than following up and I call DOS for updates while I get my fiance to call the embassy, they are friendlier to the US citizen than us, another sad truth. I was being interviewed at the Singapore consulate not Manila. Exactly why I was very furious when I got out of the building, bakit yung CO hindi hiningi or sinabi sa 221G tapos tong a$#!%&€!!! hayyy! Bwiset pa rin ako sa kanya kahit medyo tagal na. I wish masettle na tong mga issues natin, this wait is somehow unfair. In a month's time kaya naman nilang tapusin ang process if they'll just sit down on it. They have the database kahit nga mga histories natatrack nila davah! Wait na nga sa NOAs tapos eto pa.

Lol I do just the same sis! I call the DOS cause it's easier to get through their line than USEM Manila, then my fiance would call the USEM Manila, it's true they're very "friendly" with the petitioners than us beneficiaries... Mabait naman sila pero they give very limited answers.. Parang ang ayaw pa nilang I-discuss progress ng case with you. I learned that our addntl docs were forwarded to the consul already from my fiance pa, but when I called them to verify they told me they will forward it pa lang.. :) by the way, are you back in the country or you're still in Singapore?

Timeline

Hi sassy, the reason why ? they asked me more current income from my fiancee. Dont know why the consul asked that when he has his bank statement(until month of september) for past 2 years and tax return for past 3 years. My fiancee makes close to $2,500 a month and they said about 125% poverty level.Im worried if my application get denied bcuz heard from some of the vj members that the embassy won't accept 90% of cosponsor.We sent my cosponsor's AOS and tax return bcuz im sure my fiancee cant provide current income anymore since his bank statement is current.Last month of his current income was september 2011. Please update me what will happen to your application. And to those who got 221g that went through it please share the result,whether denied or approved.Goodluck to all of us.Very lucky those who got approved on the day of the interview.Not like us who got 221g.lol We dont know yet if they will deny or approve us u know.

Sis, I've also read here that USEM Manila doesn't accept co-sponsorship for K1's, only for CR1/IR2's but there are some who were given consideration and passed the interview. It depends yata who's the co-sponsor and also the beneficiary's type of job in the Philippines. Very keen kasi sila sa potential public charge immigrants. I advise you to join Happy Ladies group Facebook. I have a very limited knowledge about petitions with co-sponsors. I'm sure you can get solid advise from our sisters there. Mababait sila dun and very helpful talaga, they help me lessen my stress and give me hope about this immigration issues. :)

Timeline

I'm still in Singapore sissy...uwi na lang when I get the visa. Di ko nga alam kung kelangan ko ba yung CFO sticker and seminar na nababasa ko sa forums. :help:

April 17 - Got married

**AOS Stage**

May 24 - received date

May 29 - NOA1 by mail

Timeline

Sept 20...K1 Visa Interview. I went in person with my fiancee. One consular said everything looks in order...then they handed us a 221 g. No documents checked...just to "Wait"...7 weeks later...we are still waiting. WE faxed. mailed, emailed, called several times...still waiting. No reason was given. Not fun :(

Timeline

Sept 20...K1 Visa Interview. I went in person with my fiancee. One consular said everything looks in order...then they handed us a 221 g. No documents checked...just to "Wait"...7 weeks later...we are still waiting. WE faxed. mailed, emailed, called several times...still waiting. No reason was given. Not fun :(

The same thing they told me after interview, "wait, we will call you. Don't worry, there's no addntl documents being requested so just wait for our call." Right.... 7 days later, I received a letter with the 221g and a cemomar re-verification form. Today is my 4th week of waiting. It's so frustrating... :(

Filed: Timeline

Joining the thread :(

Had my interview last Oct 28. Got 221g but only because of my medical documents. My husband called already and they have the medical records but it is still waiting to be reviewed :( The person also said that the note of the pre-screener triggered our case to be in further review. Why pre-screeners are like that? Husband called today and was told that it is currently been reviewed and to call back after a couple of days. :(

Timeline

8th week since my interview, 6th since the CO told me I'm on AP...hope this wait ends soon!!!

Me21jun same tayo ng sentiment, yung sakin sya talaga nagpabalik sa akin, the CO didn't ask about it. Waaaa kainis di ba?

April 17 - Got married

**AOS Stage**

May 24 - received date

May 29 - NOA1 by mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.