ashref

the I129 F

8 posts in this topic

Hi i applied for a K3 visa for my husband i sent the I130 To Texas services center 19 days ago i received the receipt that they have it then i filed the I129 F but when i sent it i sent to the wrong address i sent it to texas instead of chicago i really want to know how to proceed cuz i m so lost and i dont know what it will happen .I called the 1800 number but they dont tell me anything. Please i really need ur help.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't know the answer. But if it were me, I'd re-send everything to the correct address. Make sure you're not sending photocopies of the last package if an original signature is required. I'd also add a note that you mistakenly submitted a I-129f to Texas.

The problem is payment. If you sent a personal check, you may be able to stop payment and send another. This is just one opinion and not an ideal solution. Anybody else?

I-130 sent Mar 30, 06

approved Aug 15, 06

I-129f sent April 24, 06

approved July 27, 06

Montreal interview Jan 18, 07

POE Toronto Jan 28, 07

EAD sent Jan. 30, 07

transferred to Vermont Feb 12

biometrics Feb 22

approved March 13

card returned undeliverable! March 27

called after 6 weeks to have EAD re-sent

AOS sent Jan. 30, 07

biometrics Feb 22

RFE for complete medical (!) Feb 23

Called Senator from NJ - never returned call

Infopass March 19 (no help)

Replied to RFE with duplicate medical March 19

Sent additional evidence (I-693A) March 26

NBC received supplement March 30

touched April 4

Interview July 16

Filed: Other Timeline

That's about all you can do really. The same thing happened to us, only it was a lawyer who sent it to the wrong place. It took USCIS 3 or more months to return it to us as "rejected". By that time I was already typing up another set of forms myself.

The same thing happened to a friend, and her forms bounced back and forth for months. She finally rec'd them back in shreds, because someone had got so annoyed with it.

Just type them up again and send to the correct address, with a note that you had originally sent them in error to Texas. Also send a letter to Texas saying please disreguard the I-129F with your name, as it should have gone to Chicago for a spouse K3, and not to Texas for a fiance K1.

This will delay you a bit, but it shouldn't be a whole lot, as you've discovered early that it was sent to the wrong place.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Hi i applied for a K3 visa for my husband i sent the I130 To Texas services center 19 days ago i received the receipt that they have it then i filed the I129 F but when i sent it i sent to the wrong address i sent it to texas instead of chicago i really want to know how to proceed cuz i m so lost and i dont know what it will happen .I called the 1800 number but they dont tell me anything. Please i really need ur help.

hello

my name is ron...i have been lurking and reading posts here for many months...however this is my first post as i spend most of my time at the World of Filipinas where i am a moderator.

i must make a reply to this post as this same thing happened to me and i must relate my experience for the benefit of others.

i sent my k3 package to texas...realized 2 weeks later the mistake...called the 800 number (hate it) the attendent advised me they would not foward the package to chicago...he advise me to make a new package and send to chicago with a new payment...write a letter to texas service center to cancel that package and stop payment on that check...therefore it did just what he said

2 days after stopping payment and sending new package to chicago i received a noa1 from chicago...THE TEXAS CENTER DID FOWARD THE PACKAGE...so know i had 2 packages in chicago...one with a stop payment and one with a good payment...

2 weeks later i get a invoice for the $170 stop payment plus $30 collection fee and a letter saying the process on my package has stopped until payment is recieved. i therefore called the dept management center and was told "never stop payment on check to the government" and " we have told the 800 operators to stop telling people this but no success". therefore i had no choice but to repay the $200 and request a refund based on their wrong information.

now i have 2 packages in chicago and no action yet. moral of the story...do not listen to anything the 800 attendants tell you...only speak to a immigration officer...and do not do anything for a couple of weeks and see if they foward the package for you.

just my experience...have a nice day.

ron

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Ron, that's some first post! But I'm confused. If Texas does not foward to Chicago, how could you have "two packages" there? Also, was the NOA1 for the second package you (correctly) sent? Is the moral of the story that Texas WILL forward to Chicago if you wait long enough? If so, that wait could be 3 months, as Reba's experience shows.

Maybe another alternative is to re-send the package with a new check but without stopping payment on the first check. Ask for a refund later...

I-130 sent Mar 30, 06

approved Aug 15, 06

I-129f sent April 24, 06

approved July 27, 06

Montreal interview Jan 18, 07

POE Toronto Jan 28, 07

EAD sent Jan. 30, 07

transferred to Vermont Feb 12

biometrics Feb 22

approved March 13

card returned undeliverable! March 27

called after 6 weeks to have EAD re-sent

AOS sent Jan. 30, 07

biometrics Feb 22

RFE for complete medical (!) Feb 23

Called Senator from NJ - never returned call

Infopass March 19 (no help)

Replied to RFE with duplicate medical March 19

Sent additional evidence (I-693A) March 26

NBC received supplement March 30

touched April 4

Interview July 16

I would agree with all of you partially.

1. DO NOT stop payment. I wouldnt worry about $170 when it comes to speed in this process.

2. Send a letter to Texas explaining what happened in detail.

3. RIGHT AWAY send a correct package to Chicago. You cant afford to wait for them to transfer. Like jersey girl said, mail everything (I-129F, forms G-325A) with original signatures, DO NOT SEND COPIES.

4. Call 800 number and request to speak to an officer cuz only an officer can tell you what you are really suppose to do. If you are lucky enough to talk to an officer, tell them you have already done the steps above.

5. Please read instructions very, very carefully and review forms several times (in two different days) before mailing. It may cost you a little more time but its worth it.

Filed: Other Timeline

USCIS does not give refunds, no matter the cause or reason for the request. If you send them money and they don't know where its supposed to be, too bad, they're gonna keep it anyway. Chalk it up to experience and move on with life.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I sent mine to the wrong place too and they like sent it to the right place. It took about 3 weeks have the faith. Something good will come out of it :D(F)

I sent mine to nebraska and they sent it to CHI town for me I bet its a common mistake wait 3 to 4 weeks and rest easy please.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.