sonicgihad

Sending app via overnight tomorrow.

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So I finally got all the docs I need so I'm sending my app tomorrow so they should get it by Monday. I'm a bit concerned about getting an RFE and causing any delays so I think I may have gone a little overboard to cover my bases. I sent in a copy of my passport (NOT ALL THE PAGES). When they said in the requirement to send all pages of your passport, does that mean even the blank pages? I'm only planning to send in pages that had any stamps on them and the main 2 pages. I'm also sending in a copy of my naturalization papers. Here are the docs I'm sending in.

1)Cover Letter

2) G-1145

3) I-129F (signed triple checked 6 times.... lol)

4) Supplement for question 11

5) Supplement for questioin 18

6) Letter of intent from petitioner

7) Letter of intent from fiancee (original)

8) Petitioner's passport to show stamps of visit related trips

9) proof of relationship/meeting

Airline itineraries

Boarding pass (petitioner)

Boarding pass of petitioner and fiancee (same flight seated next to each other)

Airline itineraries of petitioner and fiancee for several trips

12 Photographs (not computer printed) from first meeting to recent

Engagement ring appraisal and receipt

Hotel receipts

10) G-325A Petitioner plus passport photo

11) G-325A Finacee plus passport photo

12) More proof of ongoing relationship

Receipts of flowers I have sent her

Phone Bills... cell phone and land line

Yahoo chat logs

Screen shots of text messages

13) Proof of divorce (petitioner)

14) copy of naturalization certificate

15) Beneficiary Birth certificate.

Do you guys think I sent enough stuff??? Did I overdo it and risk the possibility of annoying who ever opens up my packet.

Do you guys thinks its necessarry that I send a copy of all teh pages on my passport including the blank ones and covers?

Do I need proof of income at this point?

Thanx.

Edited by sonicgihad

Timeline

Dude you sure you did not steal my Application? :rofl: My package contained the same exact material minus the engagement ring receipt :rofl: So far no RFE's thank goodness, but looking at RFE patterns they seem to come late in the process so I'm not quite sure they actually verify the materials for the first 3 months when it is in their possession. I sure would hate it if they requested an RFE later in the process.

BTW my our application contained +90 pages with the cell phone bill (show text) and calling card call logs taking up the bulk.. Good luck..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have been told that when they ask for a document that means all the pages. You may know the other pages are blank because you are looking at them, but they can tell if they are blank if you dont send them.

In fact just to be safe I even sent copies of the covers because I have airport security stickers on my covers.

Timeline

Wow. I don't think I have 90 pages but I am so tempted to break off the sealed envelope again just to count. Ha ha! Oh wait I have the same exact duplicate, I can count that. LOL.

I was gonna sent in emailed copies of her signed docs but I'm glad I didn't. I heard they may want the original digned docs.

How long does it really take? I've been checking out people's timelines especially the one's for Philippines and is it realistic to expect this process to complete in around 5 months?

Timeline

I have been told that when they ask for a document that means all the pages. You may know the other pages are blank because you are looking at them, but they can tell if they are blank if you dont send them.

In fact just to be safe I even sent copies of the covers because I have airport security stickers on my covers.

Thanx Brian! Good point! I think I'm gonna do that anyway along with the naturalization papers. If you don't mind me asking what was your RFE for?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanx Brian! Good point! I think I'm gonna do that anyway along with the naturalization papers. If you don't mind me asking what was your RFE for?

It was question A-11 on the I-129f. The PDF file has boxes you can check. I checked it the first time I printed it. Then it was saved, reviewed, file copied, email, updated, etc. Somewhere in the process the box became UNCHECKED when the final one was printed.

I was in a hurry to send that one and I printed from work and mailed on my lunch hour.

I did not even get a scan of the signed document for my records like I did for every thing else.

They sent a photo copy of the marked up I-129f with there notes.

Also on the form:

They did not like that I had "Allen Count" in stead of Allen County" for question A-9.

They noted the 18 year age difference.

They wrote in the A number at the top and on question B-9

As a general comment several question were answered N/A. There instructions were

"" Complete items(s) circled in red on the attached copy of the petition. If any item does not apply, please write "NONE". N/A is not an appropriate response.""

I had to update and resend the I-129f.

Timeline

It was question A-11 on the I-129f. The PDF file has boxes you can check. I checked it the first time I printed it. Then it was saved, reviewed, file copied, email, updated, etc. Somewhere in the process the box became UNCHECKED when the final one was printed.

I was in a hurry to send that one and I printed from work and mailed on my lunch hour.

I did not even get a scan of the signed document for my records like I did for every thing else.

They sent a photo copy of the marked up I-129f with there notes.

Also on the form:

They did not like that I had "Allen Count" in stead of Allen County" for question A-9.

They noted the 18 year age difference.

They wrote in the A number at the top and on question B-9

As a general comment several question were answered N/A. There instructions were

"" Complete items(s) circled in red on the attached copy of the petition. If any item does not apply, please write "NONE". N/A is not an appropriate response.""

I had to update and resend the I-129f.

OH Shoot! I sent mine late Friday via USPS Express mail. I wish I saw your reply earlier. I answered N/A on 7, 8 and 10 and left 9 blank. #######. I tripple checked everythingI can't believe I missed those. Some of the questions too that didn't apply, I left blank. Like 12. If your finace(e) is recently in the US, complete the following... She is not here so I didn't answer that and kept it blank.

Damn!!! I hope I don't get an RFE for leaving 9 blank and answering "n/a" instead of NONE... Do you guys thinks it's a good idea to send in an updated one now. I know they are not to receive my packet till noon on Monday soI could send the updated one tomorrow and have it there by noon Monday as wellbut I'm concerned that that may just cause more harm that good. Maybe a better route would be to call them once I get an NOA1 and inform them I'm sending an updated I-129F.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

it is ok to put "N/A" if the answer is not applicable. the directions from the USCIS website for I-129f say:

Answer all questions fully and accurately. State that an item is not applicable with "N/A." If the answer is none, write "none."

so, depending on what the question was, you should know whether to write "none" or "N/A."

Timeline

it is ok to put "N/A" if the answer is not applicable. the directions from the USCIS website for I-129f say:

Answer all questions fully and accurately. State that an item is not applicable with "N/A." If the answer is none, write "none."

so, depending on what the question was, you should know whether to write "none" or "N/A."

Yeah I messed up! I put in N/A where it should have been None. I compared my form with the sample on VJ and I definitely made an error. I'm going through the post office now and trying to recall my packet. IfI can't get the packet back and correct the forms, whats the next best action? Go to my local USCIS office perhaps?

Timeline

Went to my post office today and filled out a form 1509 Mail recall request and also spoke to the supervisor named Joe at the Lewisville post office. They received my recall form in Lewisville but they will not try to retrieve the packet till Monday morning. Hopefully they catch it. I was afraid this may cause us more delay that m my studity had already cost us. Ha ha.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I would suggest you send it USPS with delivery confirmation. No need to pay a lot of money to get it there 1 or 2 days sooner. It is a many months long process.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

So I finally got all the docs I need so I'm sending my app tomorrow so they should get it by Monday. I'm a bit concerned about getting an RFE and causing any delays so I think I may have gone a little overboard to cover my bases. I sent in a copy of my passport (NOT ALL THE PAGES). When they said in the requirement to send all pages of your passport, does that mean even the blank pages? I'm only planning to send in pages that had any stamps on them and the main 2 pages. I'm also sending in a copy of my naturalization papers. Here are the docs I'm sending in.

1)Cover Letter

2) G-1145

3) I-129F (signed triple checked 6 times.... lol)

4) Supplement for question 11

5) Supplement for questioin 18

6) Letter of intent from petitioner

7) Letter of intent from fiancee (original)

8) Petitioner's passport to show stamps of visit related trips

9) proof of relationship/meeting

Airline itineraries

Boarding pass (petitioner)

Boarding pass of petitioner and fiancee (same flight seated next to each other)

Airline itineraries of petitioner and fiancee for several trips

12 Photographs (not computer printed) from first meeting to recent

Engagement ring appraisal and receipt

Hotel receipts

10) G-325A Petitioner plus passport photo

11) G-325A Finacee plus passport photo

12) More proof of ongoing relationship

Receipts of flowers I have sent her

Phone Bills... cell phone and land line

Yahoo chat logs

Screen shots of text messages

13) Proof of divorce (petitioner)

14) copy of naturalization certificate

15) Beneficiary Birth certificate.

Do you guys think I sent enough stuff??? Did I overdo it and risk the possibility of annoying who ever opens up my packet.

Do you guys thinks its necessarry that I send a copy of all teh pages on my passport including the blank ones and covers?

Do I need proof of income at this point?

Thanx.

The instructions say send copies os ALL pages, you do not foillow the instructions and then you worry if you will get an RFE?

IF you use your passpot as PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP then you need to copy ALL pages (just like the instructions said) including the blanks ones. If you used your BIRTH CERTIFICATE as proof of citizenship them you must copy the fornt and back of the birth certificate even if the back is blank.

IF you use your BC as proof of citizenship then there is no need to send ANY portion of your passport UNLESS you are using passport stamps as proof of meeting your fiancee, then you send a copy of ALL pages of your passport. Even the blank ones.

Yu do not need proof of ongoing relationship for the petition. It will not hurt to send it. It will not help to send it.

Do you need a CENOMAR for a PI fiancee for the petition or for the interview? Another member can answer that.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Wow. I don't think I have 90 pages but I am so tempted to break off the sealed envelope again just to count. Ha ha! Oh wait I have the same exact duplicate, I can count that. LOL.

I was gonna sent in emailed copies of her signed docs but I'm glad I didn't. I heard they may want the original digned docs.

How long does it really take? I've been checking out people's timelines especially the one's for Philippines and is it realistic to expect this process to complete in around 5 months?

allways better to send in the orignal signed doc from both my noa 2 came in a little under 5 months good luck on ur journey, just do not be like me checking uscis.gov site for updates 100 times a day :rofl:

Timeline

The instructions say send copies os ALL pages, you do not foillow the instructions and then you worry if you will get an RFE?

IF you use your passpot as PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP then you need to copy ALL pages (just like the instructions said) including the blanks ones. If you used your BIRTH CERTIFICATE as proof of citizenship them you must copy the fornt and back of the birth certificate even if the back is blank.

IF you use your BC as proof of citizenship then there is no need to send ANY portion of your passport UNLESS you are using passport stamps as proof of meeting your fiancee, then you send a copy of ALL pages of your passport. Even the blank ones.

Yu do not need proof of ongoing relationship for the petition. It will not hurt to send it. It will not help to send it.

Do you need a CENOMAR for a PI fiancee for the petition or for the interview? Another member can answer that.

She will need the Cenomar for the interview which she can not get tell u have a case number she can just go to NSO

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.