cristy24

I-751 sent, no NOA, GC about to expire

14 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

It's been a while since I've been around this forum :blush: We (finally) sent our I-751 package to VSC on 8/21 and the check was cashed a couple of days later (I had the package tracked by Fedex so I know it got there). It's 9/22 now and we haven't got the receipt letter (or NOA or anything for that matter) and my GC expires in 6 days. Should I be panicking? What do I? :help::(

Hey guys!

It's been a while since I've been around this forum :blush: We (finally) sent our I-751 package to VSC on 8/21 and the check was cashed a couple of days later (I had the package tracked by Fedex so I know it got there). It's 9/22 now and we haven't got the receipt letter (or NOA or anything for that matter) and my GC expires in 6 days. Should I be panicking? What do I? :help::(

We're in a similar situation. Submitted on 17 Aug, check was cashed on the 28th, still no NOA. Have about a month until GC expires. Will post a separate thread.

--------------------

Naturalization Timeline

28 JUL 2007 - Sent N-400 and supporting documentation

20 AUG 2007 - Bank Website indicates check has been cashed

15 NOV 2007 - Received NOA

28 NOV 2007 - Received Biometrics Appointment letter

18 DEC 2007 - Biometrics Appointment

14 MAR 2008 - Received Interview Appointment letter

05 APR 2008 - Interview (Baltimore) SUCCESS!!

14 APR 2008 - Citizenship Oath

17 APR 2008 - Applied for US Passport

03 May 2008 - US Passport Received!!!

**Any comments or advice given by me is based on the circumstances of my specific case, and does not infer an in-depth knowledge of immigration law.**

If you kick around here and BE, everyone after a certain date in August is on hold for 751s through Vermont. So, I guess once one of us gets an NOA there will be a flurry of positive posts to shout yay. I'm right there with you -- submitted 8/20 :yes:

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

If you kick around here and BE, everyone after a certain date in August is on hold for 751s through Vermont. So, I guess once one of us gets an NOA there will be a flurry of positive posts to shout yay. I'm right there with you -- submitted 8/20 :yes:

Thanks for the replies Sherlock and Lou Lou :yes: My only worry is that it is about to expire (the GC) in less than a week..I'm wondering if I should make an Infopass with my local district office just to be sure, or assume that since I sent the package within those 90 days that I'm fine and won't fall out of status...Jeezzz, I'm so ready to be done with these guys :P

You are still in status even though your card will expire. If it will settle you, by all means make an appointment, but judging by what is kicking around, I'm not sure they will tell you much. We all got caught up in the grand August vacation followed by Labor day holiday. I think it's gonna be funny cos there's gonna be a sh*t load of posts in this forum when these NOAs come through :lol:

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

You are still in status even though your card will expire. If it will settle you, by all means make an appointment, but judging by what is kicking around, I'm not sure they will tell you much. We all got caught up in the grand August vacation followed by Labor day holiday. I think it's gonna be funny cos there's gonna be a sh*t load of posts in this forum when these NOAs come through :lol:

I called their info line and (much to my surprise) the lady was very helpful. And you're right :thumbs: they are behind with all the paperwork, so she sent a message to VSC so they'll send me the receipt letter (and that'll take another 30 days, oh well). At least I know that everything is ok :star: Thanks for the info!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hm it's interesting to see so many people without NOAs. I called the USIS help line and she said they were behind and she gave me my receipt number, which funny enough doesn't even work on the website, I double checked the number twice and she said that was the number. Anyways she said if I was going to travel out of the country I should make an INFOPASS appointment at my local office. So does this mean if I don't travel I don't have to go to the INFOPASS appointment? My GC runs out in a month and I was wondering how necessary is it to have an extension?

Hm it's interesting to see so many people without NOAs. I called the USIS help line and she said they were behind and she gave me my receipt number, which funny enough doesn't even work on the website, I double checked the number twice and she said that was the number. Anyways she said if I was going to travel out of the country I should make an INFOPASS appointment at my local office. So does this mean if I don't travel I don't have to go to the INFOPASS appointment? My GC runs out in a month and I was wondering how necessary is it to have an extension?

My number doesn't work either in the uscis webpage...

Right (that's what I was told also), if your GC is expired (but sent in your I-751 within the 90 days) you only need to go get your passport stamped at your local office if you need to travel or work. Other than that she said it was not necessary.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Reminder:

Individual I-751s have never been trackable online or with 1-800MisInfo.

Recently there was a batch of NOAs sent out that were related to the I-89 (the card order form) that were trackable, but that seemed to be for cases where the old GC was mailed in with the photos and fingerprints had been given.

I encourage you all to just hang in there and try to not stress over this. If you must travel internationally, see your DO, but the only other thing left is to wait for something in the mail. It sounds as if VSC knows about their issue and I'm sure they'll solve it asap.

Remember: your status has not expired even if you do not have the NOA.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Same here. I mailed my I-751 on 8/28, still haven't received the NOA and my GC expires in a month. Do I have to have my passport stamped in order to still be able to work?

It is funny how they're behind in sending the NOA but not in cashing the checks... ;)

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone got their receipt/NOA from Vermont recently by any chance??? I sent mine out in the beginning of Sept and the check was cashed 4 days later but i have not received anything yet like the most of you....Thanx!

Nope, still quiet this end. I bet the service center is getting a right ear bashing every day. :wacko: I'm almost beginning to feel sorry for them! I don't see I-751 as urgent cases myself, and if you want to travel or need it for work verification, I'm sure your local office will comply you with a stamp if you ask nicely. I will be doing such when my card runs out and I need to travel, otherwise I'm sitting back and waiting.

For anyone who is worried, I crossed the border with the card having approx six weeks left on it and had no problems at all. I will be doing the same up until it has almost expired, so will give feedback if I have any trouble.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Hi:

I'm in the same boat, only a little further ahead. I mailed my I-751 at the beginning of July. The card expired on July 29th. The check was cashed, but I didnt get the NOA. I called them in August and they resent the NOA. At the beginning of Oct I made an InfoPass apointment and I got my passport stamped. I'm good to go for another year, work and travel. They said they'll provide an answer before the year is up.

As far as I understood, thats the process these days. I hope this helps! Good luck to everybody!

A.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.