ioukta

Yet another Charles Oppenheim "interview"

3 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I got it through my Capitol Immigration Law Group Newsletter.

I'm very frustrated after reading this, but after all, last time that guy spoke it was way left field. How he's still at his job baffles me though lol here it is :

(he never mentions F1, EVER)

"Our office just came back from a discussion session here in Washington, DC with Charles Oppenheim. Mr. Oppenheim is the Chief of the Visa Control and Reporting Division at the U.S. Department of State. For many, he is simply known as the person responsible for the monthly and annual visa number allocations for family- and employment-based green cards. He is also the person who prepares and publishes the monthly visa bulletin which is highly anticipated every month.

We are asked on a daily basis by our clients to provide visa bulletin predictions and when a particular priority date may become current. As a result, on behalf of our clients, we appreciate the opportunity Mr. Oppenheim has afforded us to get some advance sense of the movement of the priority dates and also on short- and long-term immigrant visa trends.

Visa Bulletin Predictions – Family-Based

Mr. Oppenheim was also able to provide some predictions and expectations for movement of the family-based visa numbers over the next few months. Unlike the employment-based visa numbers, Mr. Oppenheim indicated that the family-based visa numbers are likely to be fairly predictable.

FB 2A. According to Mr. Oppenheim, this family-based category has shown a high demand as a result of the sudden forward movement at the end of 2010 and, as a result, had to be retrogressed. Now that the demand is fairly predictable, a gradual forward movement of 3-6 weeks per month is to be expected.

FB 2B and FB3. Forward movement in the 2B category is expected to be 1-2 weeks per month.

FB4. Forward movement of about one month per month is to be expected."

Im not happy with this, on the other hand he doesn't say HOW LONG that slow progression is gonna last. He better not mean for the rest of the fiscal year !! Let's hope like last time the contrary will happen...

F1, waiting for April 2006 PD to be CURRENT !! fingers crossed for sept. 10th , at least 2011!! ok 2012 ???!!!

Case was completed SEPT 2010 a friggin' year and a half ago !!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It's customary when you post an excerpt from an article to provide a link to the source article:

http://www.laborimmigration.com/2011/10/visa-bulletin-predictions-and-updates-from-charles-oppenheim-october-26-2011/

It seems to me that Mr. Oppenheim's job is primarily an accountant of visa applications and visa numbers. I don't think he has any discretion over the issuance of visa numbers, or any control over how fast the priority dates advance. He probably feeds the numbers into a computer program and it spits out the cutoff dates. However, since he sees the processing first hand he would have a reasonable feel for the trends based on the numbers he's seeing.

Be thankful you're not waiting for an EB-3 visa in India. According to Mr. Oppenheim, a wait of 70 years for a visa number in that category is "plausible". :blink:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

hey there

i dont have a link i said i got it in a newsletter, i gave the name of the newsletter ...

yeah u'd think he had more experience, his last interview was right before the big retro of jan and he said it was going to keep moving forward at the same pace sooooo yeah that was epic lol

F1, waiting for April 2006 PD to be CURRENT !! fingers crossed for sept. 10th , at least 2011!! ok 2012 ???!!!

Case was completed SEPT 2010 a friggin' year and a half ago !!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.