zmpart

tax transcripts with co sponsor

7 posts in this topic

Greetings all...if i am having my older sister help co sponsor my wife to come over, will i need only her tax transcripts for the last three year and proof of employment and pay stubs, and NOT need any of my own information, or will i also need some of my own information...

I myself make well over the poverty threshold for 2010 and 2011, but i didnt work at all in 2009, by choice, and will stop working next month to be with my wife overseas while we are processed, (and to avoid another miserable winter!!) so will not have a job when it comes time to prove my income and my ability to sponsor, though i do have a position available for me when i again choose to return. So i am under the impression that because i am choosing to use my much more stably employed sister to sponsor my wife, that i wont need to show my own information. Am i wrong in this respect?

Thanks for you help as always...

Zac and Sian

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi Zac,

I am in a similar situation where I am relying heavily on a co-sponsor. I am under the impression that I (since I am the petitioner and there for have to sponsor my husband) also need to show my tax returns and employment information. Even if I don't, I'd rather be safe than sorry come the interview. I imagine they will be most interested in my co-sponsor's documents and tax returns though.

you will also need to put in your own sponsor forms, i will be surprised if the uk allow you in though, the border patrol over there are very strict, you'd have to prove to them you have strong ties to the us :S

My Journey Uk To Usa

K1
I-129f Sent:- 19-Aug-2010
Date of Entry-27-May-2011
Date Married-24-June-2011

AOS
AOS/EAD Sent:08-Aug-2011
Green Card Received: 16-Nov-2011

ROC

i-751 Sent 01-Nov-2013

i-751 NOA1 04-Nov-2013

i-751 Biometrics App. 08-Nov-2013

i-751 Biometrics Completed 29-Nov-2013

Nearly there, and for those who are just starting the k1 it is a long wait but once it is over the time feels well spent

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Greetings all...if i am having my older sister help co sponsor my wife to come over, will i need only her tax transcripts for the last three year and proof of employment and pay stubs, and NOT need any of my own information, or will i also need some of my own information...

I myself make well over the poverty threshold for 2010 and 2011, but i didnt work at all in 2009, by choice, and will stop working next month to be with my wife overseas while we are processed, (and to avoid another miserable winter!!) so will not have a job when it comes time to prove my income and my ability to sponsor, though i do have a position available for me when i again choose to return. So i am under the impression that because i am choosing to use my much more stably employed sister to sponsor my wife, that i wont need to show my own information. Am i wrong in this respect?

Thanks for you help as always...

Zac and Sian

Yes we did a Co Sponsor too and I had to turn in all the same information. tax returns , bank statements etc.

Thanks for the quick response...so then i need my transcripts also and i will need to file a I864 with my infor, then have my sisters transcripts, proof of income, and recent stubs, and have her file a I864A?

Thanks again

Unless she lives with you, she will need to fill out an I-864 as well, not an I-864A.

You will need to complete the I-864 and provide your tax transcripts. You don't need to provide any other information though, if your current income at the time will be 0.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.