VeniyaAO

How days after appt, visa arrives? & should we both attend appt?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi,

We finally have the appointment, October 27, 2011 in Bogota, Colombia :thumbs::dance:

couple questions....

1st, I am the petitioner,

I am trying to determine my travel plans. I have about a 21 hora trip to and from Bogota with all the connections.

Therefore I am trying to determine if I should make 1 trip or two trips. I have limited days off from work.

1) Should I attend the appointment with my girlfriend? Is this recommended?

2) How many days after the appointment does it take for the visa to arrive? Once it arrives to her city, then she can travel to USA immediately?

Within the appointment package instructions, it says it takes about 10 days to be delivered.

Therefore I do not have enough vacation if it indeed takes that long to arrive to stay there from the appointment date until it arrives. Unless others have experienced that it arrives much quicker then 10 days?

I am just trying to decide now if I should also go to the appointment with her? Do they allow you to be inside the room with her during the interview? I plan to go for sure to bring her to the USA for the first time.

Is it recommended to accompany your fiance to the appointment? I definately want to do what ever is necessary to make sure she gets the visa during the interview and not have to schedule another interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Considering the fact that Colombia is a high-fraud country, I would personally go with my spouse to a K-1 interview. I have seen a lot of instances where the beneficiary gets denied because the CO cannot prove that it is a bonafide marriage. Please read the Embassy reviews to get a better perspective of the people that have been there and done that. If you do not have enough time off from work to go to interview, wait for visa, and come with her to the U.S.A why don't you let her come on her own? It would be more important that you're there at the interview than at POE. No one can say exactly how long it will take for her to get her visa delivered to her residence, however, the estimate is around 7-10 business days & she would be able to travel to the U.S as soon as she has the stamp on her passport. And also, remember that she is not guaranteed a visa, there may be other things that may happen that wouldn't allow her to come to the U.S quickly. Do not book flights for her yet. Wait until she has her visa in her hands. Most importantly, good luck. :thumbs:

IR-1

Married: 12/29/2008

USCIS CSC

I-130 Sent : 11/05/2010

I-130 NOA1 :11/19/2010

I-130 NOA2 :05/20/2011

182 days - No RFE's

NVC

Received : 06/08/2011

DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 06/08/2011

Receive I-864 Package : 06/10/2011

Completed DS-3032 : 06/11/2011 (NVC received 06/16/2011)

Pay I-864 Bill : 06/23/2011

Pay IV Bill : 07/22/2011

Return Completed I-864 & IV : 07/25/2011

NVC received: 07/27/2011

NVC RFE: 08/09/11

NVC RFE sent/NVC Received: 08/10/2011--08/12/2011

False RFE for IV: 08/10/11

False RFE for previous RFE: 08/11/11 & 08/14/2011

NVC Reviewed IV: 08/11/2011

SIF and Case Complete : 08/19/2011

Interview Date Set: 09/30/2011

EMBASSY

Medical: 11/11/2011

Interview: 11/16/2011 *APPROVED*

Visa Received: 11/21/11 (arrived on 3rd business day)

POE: 12/02/2011

Welcome Letter & SSN Arrived: 12/12/11

2nd Welcome Letter & 10-year GC Arrived: 12/17/11

-Happily Ever After-

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

i think it's a good idea, for you to go to the interview your allowed to go with her.the io mite want to ask you questions,also gives her support that you made the long trip to be with her for the interview.if your approved you go to pay for the visa to be delivered to you ask them how long will it be to get my visa,then hope you can bring her back to the united states with you.good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Kali1229's answers are 100% on the mark, si man. If you treat the interview casually by not being there, you may live to regret it.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi,

We finally have the appointment, October 27, 2011 in Bogota, Colombia :thumbs::dance:

couple questions....

1st, I am the petitioner,

I am trying to determine my travel plans. I have about a 21 hora trip to and from Bogota with all the connections.

Therefore I am trying to determine if I should make 1 trip or two trips. I have limited days off from work.

1) Should I attend the appointment with my girlfriend? Is this recommended?

2) How many days after the appointment does it take for the visa to arrive? Once it arrives to her city, then she can travel to USA immediately?

Within the appointment package instructions, it says it takes about 10 days to be delivered.

Therefore I do not have enough vacation if it indeed takes that long to arrive to stay there from the appointment date until it arrives. Unless others have experienced that it arrives much quicker then 10 days?

I am just trying to decide now if I should also go to the appointment with her? Do they allow you to be inside the room with her during the interview? I plan to go for sure to bring her to the USA for the first time.

Is it recommended to accompany your fiance to the appointment? I definately want to do what ever is necessary to make sure she gets the visa during the interview and not have to schedule another interview.

Hello, it's a pleasure to help ... I am a beneficiary of k1 visa and come to use for 15 days and I am happy to share my experiance with you.

The day of my interview, my boyfriend could not attend because perfirio arrived expect me to get my visa to Colombia, it was necessary that the interview was poruqe is for the bride or groom depending on who claims to be the holder of the k1 visa. But I saw a couple of cases: a husband who accompanied his wife to the interview and to receive the documents they called her, and then only at the time of the interview call them separately, also saw a couple going through k1 visa and the petitioner was an American citizen and upon entering, present your passport and interviewed her, she asked if her boyfriend was there and she said yes and only after he approved the visa.

That day passed almost all her k1 visa and left all approved.

In my case. arrive at 6:00 am to embajda in Bogota, and there are several rows, which are on resident visa and K visa (which are part of the group of immigrant visas) are in the other row 3 ... are for tourism, administrative and other matters.

When you enter telling you to have the sheet handy appointment with the passport and photos. We pass through the detector and make you remove everything from metal, with no camera phones or recorders, one must be rather well when we visited, obsolete and off do you place a sticker with the nuemro button 40, which will identifies the place where you're going to be in and the resident visa.

Once inside the nuemro stamped on your clothes, a woman explains how to organize the papers will show you two folder ... one green and one brown, each has a different purpose. The cafe is outside the specification of which is for K visas and documents in the instructions of the documents you submit and the order in which you present them ... which means that being beyond the documents must remove them from where she has ordered and order that ask and ask that the order should not have staples or clips, nothing. For me the most was what leads to what I was asked ... did not ask for more photos, or calling cards, or shipping receipts for money, but that does not mean you should not take everything to serve as evidence because may be in the full interview request, and also can tell you they need other documents and schedule another interview (there are few cases but have been so).

Everything is outdoors, is like a sports arena or something, you should wear clothing that covers the cold well ..

After organizing the documents must carry the same woman that tells you how to do it and tell if it is right or not, but the woman keeps the documents but your girlfriend, then sit back and wait to be called, must be very carefully because many do not understand what they say ...

The first call you make is to turn over documents in one of the boxes (those boxes look like a box of raisins in the bank documents under the glass and pass the bill in a bank cosignacion ... to tell them they should pick up a phone right next to it) ... then called twice more for the interview itself and another to take the footprints ... during the interview call for the consul will tell if is approved or not, if you need another interview or not (God forbid anyone be the case) and then passes the value Domesa to pay shipping ... Domesa visa is next to the boxes 30 or least, is a Estancita and line up to pay .. then you pay and must go home to wait for your visa arrives ... in my case due authorize an aunt to receive me in Cartagena because where I am not come directly DOMESA .... Domesa call after I was told that immigrant visas were delayed 30 to 45 days to arrive, but in the end I think that what they say if they come to have some internal problem with delivery of the visa does not look bad one.

At the end of so much anguish because we had compard tickets, get me a visa to 6 business days ... and I think that processing times that seen in VJ here what has been delayed but is 8 working days.

`` As repond to your questions:

. To accompany the interview is optional, desicion is yours.

. The visa should take maximum 10 business days, according to the answer I gave when I presented my case embassy at respesto of what I had said Domes.

. Once you get your hands on her passport with the visa stamped, one can leave the airport and take flight on the plane ... give you a form called I-94 ... to be kept because it is going to here in usa need for social security and for adjustment of status ... when it comes to used in immigration issues here at the airport that way it is stapled in the passport.

******* Español ******

Hola, es un placer poder ayudarlos...yo soy beneficiaria de visa k1 y llegue hace 15 dias a usa y me es grato compartir mi experiancia con ustedes.

El dia de mi entrevista, mi novio no pudo asistir porque perfirio esperar que me llegara la visa para ir por mi a Colombia, no fue necesario que el estuviera poruqe la entrevista es para la novia o novio dependiendo de quien pretenda ser el titular de la visa k1. Sin embargo vi un par de casos: un esposo que acompaño a su esposa a la entrevista y para recibirle los documentos la llamaron solo a ella y luego al momento de la entrevista los llaman por separado; tambien vi una pareja que iba por visa k1 y el peticionario era ciudadano americano y al momento de entrar, presento su pasaporte y la entrevistaron a ella, le preguntaron que si su novio estaba alli y ella dijo que si y despues solo se que le aprobaron la visa.

Ese dia a casi todos le aprobaron y los de visa k1 todos salieron aprobados.

En mi caso. llegue a la 6:00 am a la embajda en Bogota, y hay varias filas, los que van por visa de residentes y visas K (que hacen parte del grupo de visas de residente) se ubican en la fila 3...las otras son para turismo, tramites administrativo y demas asuntos.

Cuando vas a entrar te dicen que tengas la hoja de cita a la mano con el pasaporte y las fotos. Te pasan por el detector y te hacen quitar todo lo de metal, nada de celulares que tengan camara o grabadores, debe ser mas bien uno bien obsoleto y cuando entras te lo hacen apagar, te colocan un boton adhesivo con el nuemro 40, que te identifica el lugar a donde vas a estar dentro y los de visa de residente.

Una vez adentro con el nuemro estampado en tu ropa, una mujer explica como van a organizar los papeles...te muestran dos folder uno verde y uno cafe, cada uno tiene un proposito diferente. El cafe tiene afuera la especificacion de que es para visas K, y adentro los documentos las instrucciones de los documentos que vas a presentar y el orden en que debes presentarlos...lo que quiere decir que estando alla los documentos tiene que sacarlos de donde ella los lleva ordenados y ordenar los que le piden y en el orden que los piden, no deben tener grapas, ni clips, nada. En mi caso mas fue lo que lleve que lo que me pidieron...no pidieron mas fotos, ni tarjetas de llamadas, ni los recibos de envio de dinero, pero eso no quiere decir que no debe llevar todo lo que sirva de evidencia porque puede que estando en plena entrevista se los pidan, asi como tambien pueden decirle que necesitan otros documentos y programen nueva entrevista (son pocos los casos asi pero se han visto).

Todo es al aire libre, es como un coliseo un polideportivo o algo parecido, debe llevar ropa que la cubra bien del frio..

Luego que organiza los documentos , debe llevarlos a la misma mujer que le indico como hacerlo y ella dira si esta bien o no, pero la mujer no se queda con los documentos sino tu novia, luego se sienta a esperar que la llamen, debe estar muy atenta porque a muchos no se les entiende lo que dicen...

El primer llamado que le hacen es para que entregue los documentos en una de las casillas, (esas casillas parecen a las de una caja en el banco y pasas los documentos por debajo del vidrio como pasar el recibo de cosignacion en un banco...para hablarle a ellos debe levantar un telefono que hay al lado derecho de ella)...luego la llaman dos veces mas para la entrevista como tal y otra para tomarle las huellas...durante el llamado para la entrevista el consul le dira si es aprobada o no, si necesita de otra entrevista o no (Dios quiera que no sea el caso de nadie) y enseguida pasa a Domesa a pagar el valor de envio de la visa...Domesa esta al lado de las casillas 30 mas o menos, es un estancito y se hace fila para pagar..luego que pagues ya debe irse a su casa a esperar que le llegue la visa...en mi caso debi autorizar a una tia para que me la recibiera en cartagena porque de donde yo soy no llegaba domesa directamente....luego que llame a Domesa me dijeron que las visas de residencia se demoraba de 30 a 45 dias en llegar, pero al final creo que eso lo dicen por si ellos llegan a tener algun problema interno con la entrega de la visa no quedar mal con uno.

Al final de tanta angustia porque ya habiamos compardo tiquetes, la visa me llego al 6 dias habil...y creo que por tiempos de procesamiento que visto aqui en VJ lo que mas se ha demorado es 8 dias habiles.

``Por lo que repondo a tus preguntas:

.Que la acompañes a la entrevista es opcional, es desicion tuya.

.La visa debe tardar maximo 10 dias habiles, segun la respuesta que me dio la embajada cuando expuse mi caso, al respesto de lo que me habia dicho domesa.

.Una ves ella tenga en sus manos el pasaporte con la visa estampada, puede irse de una al aeropuerto y tomar su vuelo...en el avion le dan un formulario que se llama I94...debe conservarlo porque es el que va a necesitar aqui en usa para el social security y para el ajuste de estatus...cuando llega aqui a usa en imigracion en el aeropuerto esa forma se la engrapan en el pasaporte.

• 3 weeks later...

Pregunta amigos colombianos: Estoy ayudando a un amigo y la embajando en bogota parece desorganizada. Nunca le envio el paquete 3 y despues de esperar mas del tiempo se llamo y lo enviaron por email. Pregunta tiene uno que enviar el paquete antes de la entrevista? Segundo se puede hacer la cita inmediatamente con el sistema web?

--

Need to know if you need to send the papers recieve from the embassy in advance? Can you make the interview appointment online as soon as the embassy has notified you?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Pregunta amigos colombianos: Estoy ayudando a un amigo y la embajando en bogota parece desorganizada. Nunca le envio el paquete 3 y despues de esperar mas del tiempo se llamo y lo enviaron por email. Pregunta tiene uno que enviar el paquete antes de la entrevista? Segundo se puede hacer la cita inmediatamente con el sistema web?

--

Need to know if you need to send the papers recieve from the embassy in advance? Can you make the interview appointment online as soon as the embassy has notified you?

Pueden hacer sus preguntas en el foro del colombianos co visa k1 en el siguiente enlace http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/96-latin-%26-south-america-mexico-the-caribbean/ las chicas estan pasando por el nuevo proceso para la visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.