rgfox

K-3 timeline too optimistic

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I do not know where this site is getting its data for the historical processing times (http://www.visajourn...nt/k3historical). It is showing CSC as having a 100 day time from I-129F NOA1 to NOA2, and 90 days for the I-130 NOA1 to NOA2. This not reflected in the individual data I am looking at. Certainly in my case it is not true, with a 110 day interval for the I-130 NOA2 already, and right around 95 days for the I-129F NOA2. So where is that data coming from?

It seems that things have frozen at the CSC for I-129F K-3 petitions, and most IR1/CR1 petitions too. Why do I think so? When I look at the K-3 timelines people have entered here, Rachelle & Jacob were the last ones to get their NOA-2 from CSC, their dates were :

NOA1 I-130: 2011-05-2

NOA1 I-129F: 2011-06-14

NOA2 I-129F: 2011-09-15

NOA2 I-130: 2011-09-15

Since then, no NOA2s for K-3 visas have been received; at least, none that have been entered on this site. They are, however, issuing some NOA2s for IR1 and CR1, for some people it is only taking a month or two months. For example, Su and Marvin from Malaysia had the following dates:

I-130 NOA1: 2011-06-24

I-130 NOA2: 2011-07-26

Interview: 2011-09-22

One month! Maybe they made a data entry error?

There are also large numbers of IR1/CR1 applications who have not received their NOA2 from CSC, or have not bothered to enter it here if they have.

This is incredibly frustrating and inequitable. What this tells me is that there is no method to the USCIS process, and that some people wait months longer than others. K-3 visa applications seem to be getting screwed, with much longer timelines than the lucky (and God bless) Su and Marvin, who apparently waited only one month for their NOA2.

Does anyone have an inkling of what is going on? Has CSC stopped dead in their tracks?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I do not know where this site is getting its data for the historical processing times (http://www.visajourn...nt/k3historical). It is showing CSC as having a 100 day time from I-129F NOA1 to NOA2, and 90 days for the I-130 NOA1 to NOA2. This not reflected in the individual data I am looking at. Certainly in my case it is not true, with a 110 day interval for the I-130 NOA2 already, and right around 95 days for the I-129F NOA2. So where is that data coming from?

It seems that things have frozen at the CSC for I-129F K-3 petitions, and most IR1/CR1 petitions too. Why do I think so? When I look at the K-3 timelines people have entered here, Rachelle & Jacob were the last ones to get their NOA-2 from CSC, their dates were :

NOA1 I-130: 2011-05-2

NOA1 I-129F: 2011-06-14

NOA2 I-129F: 2011-09-15

NOA2 I-130: 2011-09-15

Since then, no NOA2s for K-3 visas have been received; at least, none that have been entered on this site. They are, however, issuing some NOA2s for IR1 and CR1, for some people it is only taking a month or two months. For example, Su and Marvin from Malaysia had the following dates:

I-130 NOA1: 2011-06-24

I-130 NOA2: 2011-07-26

Interview: 2011-09-22

One month! Maybe they made a data entry error?

There are also large numbers of IR1/CR1 applications who have not received their NOA2 from CSC, or have not bothered to enter it here if they have.

This is incredibly frustrating and inequitable. What this tells me is that there is no method to the USCIS process, and that some people wait months longer than others. K-3 visa applications seem to be getting screwed, with much longer timelines than the lucky (and God bless) Su and Marvin, who apparently waited only one month for their NOA2.

Does anyone have an inkling of what is going on? Has CSC stopped dead in their tracks?

K-3 is dead. It's no longer used. It was introduced for cases when I-130 doesn't get approved before I-129 way back when processing times were approaching 12 months for spousal visas. It's been out of use for a couple years now. Don't wait for your I-129. As soon as your I-130 gets approved your K-3 case will be administratively closed and you'll be redirected to the IR-1 path. Don't waste your time, start studying the IR-1 process.

Also, search this forum, there's plenty of posts on the sunset of the K-3.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

K-3 is dead. It's no longer used. It was introduced for cases when I-130 doesn't get approved before I-129 way back when processing times were approaching 12 months for spousal visas. It's been out of use for a couple years now. Don't wait for your I-129. As soon as your I-130 gets approved your K-3 case will be administratively closed and you'll be redirected to the IR-1 path. Don't waste your time, start studying the IR-1 process.

Also, search this forum, there's plenty of posts on the sunset of the K-3.

Actually the Life Act that created the K3 visa path was passed back in 2001 when I-130 petitions for spouse of a US Citizen were taking 4 to 5 YEARS to approve. USCIS started processing the two petitions together back in November, 2006.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.