VinhBao MyTam

We got blue

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Ok, so the details are that they want:

Police certificate from cambodia

Sworn timeline--which she brought with her and they kept but it's still on the blue slip

10 year residence sworn and notarized

List of all her family in the US with supporting documents for their addresses

Date to turn it all in is 11/14

Oh, finally she was able to get a police certificate from Cambodia but just got it Friday and wasn't able to have it translated yet. Somehow she gave it to them and of course they need it translated, but they also refused to return it to her.

Oh and she noted that there were lots of blue slips today, but there were a few who went in as couPles and all of those got pink, so I would definitely think its important to be there.

any difficult questions?? or did they seem to waste her time and then eventually give the blue??

To quotes a movie, “So how does it happen, great love? Nobody knows... but what I can tell you is that it happens in the blink of an eye. One Moment you're enjoying your life, and the next you're wondering how you ever lived without them.” I felt I found something with Kieu that is rare in life... true love.

They wanted a 10 year residency and a police report for the time she lived in Cambodia. Apparently Cambodia is no longer one of the countries that doesn't require a police report. I'm still waiting for details.

It's odd that they changed the requirement for the Cambodia's PC like that..it came from their instruction of the Pkg4..my appology for the delay it may caused you.

In my case it was the opposite, we were told that they needed a PC from Laos but by the time of the interview..Laos was dropped from the list and it wasn't needed.

Hope she has some other copies of the Cambodia PC for translation..if they refused to return then someone must understand Cambodian in their staffs :whistle: . Just ask them to confirm. Good luck with the resubmission!!

Timeline

More than likely they had the blue slip made already and collected the stuff they asked for in the blue slip and kept it. I would just get and turn in the things you need from the blue slip that hasn't already been turned in and hope for a pink.

Timeline

Thankfully, she had the foresight to get 2 copies of the police report so she still has another.

I will just resubmit a timeline. I'll make it different to answer the exact questions they pose on the blue, but of course without any contradictions.

Does anyone have a template for the 10 year residency? Also, if I can't come up with the DOB of some past American roommates will that really be an issue?

I did live with someone with the same last name (unrelated) when I lived in the church parsonage. Is there anything I should submit to prove their lack of relationship?

Finally, do her sworn notarized statements have to be notarized at the consulate? Or with the traditional Vietnamese notary?

The annoying part of Cambodia requiring a police cert is that on the link they gave us, you look up countries and it tells you how to get a police cert. you look up Cambodia and it doesn't mention it at all. And the main page is very vague just saying SOME countries don't require it. You would think that would include Cambodia if they don't even know how to tell you where to get it.

Timeline

Oh and the vietnamese translator asked lots oc questions about my family not being at the Le dinh hon. She explained the excuse that my dad was I'll and couldn't leave the country. And then they pressed then why didn't my brothers of sisters come. I mean come on do they really not understand that while I may be willing to bend to the Vietnamese culture, my siblings aren't gonna fly halfway around the world for an engagement ceremony?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Don't be upset with their stupid reasons why your siblings or parents weren't there at the engagement ceremony. They used the same reason on me even my oldest sister flew halfway around the world for one week to be there for my engagement ceremony. As for Vietnamese culture, the oldest sister or brother can represent the parents at the important event like this.

Just submit the stuff that they asked and hopefully you get the pink slip. If not, just plan your next step which is marriage. That was what they advised me to do when I came in and talked to the CO who determined our relationship was a sham. We pursued it and got pink a year later. Don't even think about rebuttal when you get back to the States because the letter they send you will be that your case already expired. You have to refile K1 which takes around 6 months or CR1 takes about 8 months (the CR1 process has been faster lately). Hopefully you guys don't have to go through that.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Oh and the vietnamese translator asked lots oc questions about my family not being at the Le dinh hon. She explained the excuse that my dad was I'll and couldn't leave the country. And then they pressed then why didn't my brothers of sisters come. I mean come on do they really not understand that while I may be willing to bend to the Vietnamese culture, my siblings aren't gonna fly halfway around the world for an engagement ceremony?

It's not realistic for foreign guests to travel to Vietnam, but HCMC raises the standards just because so much fraud goes on there. Lack of family at traditional events is one of their indicators for visa fraud. I'm sure they have a checklist that they are going down when they interviewed her.

Timeline

Well, I expect a pink, but it's still annoying. I would like to know what to expect. Like after she submits these documents next month, will she have to go to another interview? Do they let her know the decision that day? Do they send her a decision in the mail?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

According to the NVC website. a Required doc does not need to be translated if it is in the Applicants native language. Woops forgot this is HCMC, forget I said anything.

This is from the NVC web site . Interview prep...

Note: All documents not written in English or in the official language of the country in which the interview takes place MUST be accompanied by a translation in English. Translations must be certified by a competent translator and notarized. Translations submitted to the NVC will be included in the applicant’s case file.

Timeline

According to the NVC website. a Required doc does not need to be translated if it is in the Applicants native language. Woops forgot this is HCMC, forget I said anything.

This is from the NVC web site . Interview prep...

Note: All documents not written in English or in the official language of the country in which the interview takes place MUST be accompanied by a translation in English. Translations must be certified by a competent translator and notarized. Translations submitted to the NVC will be included in the applicant’s case file.

Yes, the only document they wanted translated was in the Cambodian language. She knew she would have to translate that. The issue is that she didn't know she needed it at all.

Timeline

Well, I expect a pink, but it's still annoying. I would like to know what to expect. Like after she submits these documents next month, will she have to go to another interview? Do they let her know the decision that day? Do they send her a decision in the mail?

I am especially interested in having some good expectations met on this question.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Submit all the documents the blue slip asks for on the date listed. In your case, it is Nov 14th. On the date of submission, there are a few options that can happen:

a) Give her the pink slip, or

b) Give her another blue slip which puts your case in AP, or

c) Give her a denial paper

There won't be another interview. One thing I want to ask is did the blue slip request a 10 year residency document for your fiance only or for you as well?

K1 Visa Stage
Aug 23, 2010: I-129F NOA 1
Feb 07, 2011: I-129F NOA 2
May 23, 2011: Interview. Blue Slip
Jun 20, 2011: Submit Documents: 1) Timeline, 2) 10 year residency(me), 3) 10 year residency(Thu), 4) Letter explaining how/where we met. Second Blue Slip
Feb 03, 2012: U.S. Consulate Investigators call Thu's residence. Spoke to Thu and Thu's parents
Feb 27, 2012: Received email from the U.S. Consulate that our case is finished processing. Requested to submit updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 06, 2012: Submitted updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 21, 2012: Received K1 Visa
Apr 07, 2012: Point of Entry @ LAX

Adjustment of Status Stage
Apr 23, 2012: Got married!
Apr 30, 2012: Received Social Security Card
Jun 30, 2012: Applied for AOS
Sep 22, 2012: Received Employment Authorization Card...Still waiting for 2 yr GC

May 01, 2013: Received 2yr GC

Removal of Conditions Stage

Apr 18, 2015: Will apply for 10yr GC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.