tamara143

Original, Photocopy, Certified copies of which documents?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi all,

i just read in another forum where the beneficiary was put into A/R because the documents that were submitted during the interview were photocopies. in this regard, which documents in its original, certified or photocopy format, should we bring at the USE in Manila?

thanks,

tam

Edited by tamara143

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Did the Consulate where this individual received AR give the specific reason "AR because photocopied evidences" ?

Here is what you need to keep in mind:

Documents you submit for your beneficiary I-129F can be photocopies.

At the interview, she/he must bring ALL originals for every photocopied documents that the USC submited with the Application.

Why?

Photocopies are good as long as you have the original to back them up.

So that's a rule of thumb:

Birth Certificate = photocopy + original/certified-copy

ID Card = photocopy + original

NOA2 = photocopy + original (no exception)

ITR (Income Tax Return) = photocopy + original + IRS Transcript(ok)

W-2 = photocopy + original

USC Passport = photocopy ok!

You get the theme here? :D

Good luck

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

What is a "certified copy" of something? In regards to ITR, you submit the original so you don't have the original to give. Plus if it's an online filing you don't even have a signature on the "copy" you submit anyway. In regards to BC and ID cards, your talking the beneficiaries, correct, not mine the 1-129f filer?

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

hi all,

i just read in another forum where the beneficiary was put into A/R because the documents that were submitted during the interview were photocopies. in this regard, which documents in its original, certified or photocopy format, should we bring at the USE in Manila?

thanks,

tam

You need originals of the ff: Birth certificate (from NSO), NBI clearance, police clearances, Marriage Certificate (from NSO if applicable), Affidavit of Support (notarized)

I just had a photocopy of my fiance's Income Tax Returns for 2005 and W-2 and a certified copy of his divorce decree which they did not ask for. Everything else were photocopies or scanned printouts.

Application for Naturalization (N-400)

11 May 2010 - Mailed application to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox (Day 1)

13 May 2010 - Package Received in Phoenix (Day 3)

24 May 2010 - Check Cashed/NOA Date (Day 13)

27 May 2010 - Received NOA1 (Day 16)

05 June 2010- Received Biometrics Notice (Day 25)

22 June 2010- Schedule for Biometrics (Day 42)

11 August 2010 - Interview at Los Angeles, CA Field Office (Day 92)- APPROVED

22 Sept. 2010 - Oath Taking (busy at work and had to reschedule)

17 Nov. 2010 - Oath Taking at Pomona, CA

Timeline
What is a "certified copy" of something? In regards to ITR, you submit the original so you don't have the original to give. Plus if it's an online filing you don't even have a signature on the "copy" you submit anyway. In regards to BC and ID cards, your talking the beneficiaries, correct, not mine the 1-129f filer?

Certified copy = lost your original BC, get a certified copy. Any document where you get a replacement, it must be "certified" by some government officials (Court/State/DMV/Fed Officials)

You submitted the originals of your ITR????? You have copies of your originals???? Eitherway, they already have the originals, then why would you need to show them anything else?? There is only ONE original. Filing ITR online: No problem, they know people file tax online nowadays, I did Turbo Tax for the past 6 years. No issue at all!

BC and ID: She needs your certified copied BC, and copied of your ID, that's good enough! But she must have her original BC and ID. Without those two, i'm not sure if they even let her in the door at the Consulate.

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline
Did the Consulate where this individual received AR give the specific reason "AR because photocopied evidences" ?

Here is what you need to keep in mind:

Documents you submit for your beneficiary I-129F can be photocopies.

At the interview, she/he must bring ALL originals for every photocopied documents that the USC submited with the Application.

Why?

Photocopies are good as long as you have the original to back them up.

So that's a rule of thumb:

Birth Certificate = photocopy + original/certified-copy

ID Card = photocopy + original

NOA2 = photocopy + original (no exception)

ITR (Income Tax Return) = photocopy + original + IRS Transcript(ok)

W-2 = photocopy + original

USC Passport = photocopy ok!

You get the theme here? :D

Good luck

Since when do you have to submit the NOA2? My lady got her Packet 3 in the mail and it said nothing about submitting the NOA2.

Timeline

The list I shared above is "Consulate specific".... check with your local consulate for the exact list of required document

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.