la2011

Our AOS interview experience

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband and I had our interview this Wednesday (I am Canadian and adjusting from a TN visa). We had a very nice lady IO who was on time. She ushered us in , swore us in and got right down to it. She asked us for our driver's licenses, then asked me for my current address and my husband's birthday. She then asked him for my birthday, which he was off my 2 days LMAO typical man! whistling.gif

Anyway, she then asked me for my passport and took my I-94 and stapled it to our file. She asked for evidence that we were building a life together. We produced joint bank accounts, joint health insurance and utility bills. We showed us some recent pictures and she said she had already seen the wedding pictures in our files and had reviewed it prior to our arrival. She started explaining about the 2 year conditional card and said to collect evidence of our ongoing life for the next 2 years, especially trips we take together and things like that.

She then said, "well, we are done here, I will do a final review and see if I can move forward with you case." I was of course disappointed when I heard that...I was hoping for a verbal approval...

The conversation then turned to something very friendly like we were with someone we'd known for a while. We discussed football, babies and raising kids and other things. We spent more time socializing than having an interview. Altogether we were in there for half an hour, but only about 15 minutes was actual interview time.

I'm a little sad because it seems that all I read on this board is people who come home from the interview and get an immediate "card production ordered" email. Our interview was Wednesday and tonight is Sunday, NO NEW AT ALL SINCE. My husband is annoyed because he is impatient to move on with our life as am I, and be immigration-free for the next 2 years. We are the same age, same background, are both English speakers language and are just your everyday in love married couple.

Anyway, I suppose patience is the name of the game tongue_ss.gif

Thank you for reading and please share your comments if you wish. Good luck to everyone going through this very stressful process!

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

My husband and I had our interview this Wednesday (I am Canadian and adjusting from a TN visa). We had a very nice lady IO who was on time. She ushered us in , swore us in and got right down to it. She asked us for our driver's licenses, then asked me for my current address and my husband's birthday. She then asked him for my birthday, which he was off my 2 days LMAO typical man! whistling.gif

Anyway, she then asked me for my passport and took my I-94 and stapled it to our file. She asked for evidence that we were building a life together. We produced joint bank accounts, joint health insurance and utility bills. We showed us some recent pictures and she said she had already seen the wedding pictures in our files and had reviewed it prior to our arrival. She started explaining about the 2 year conditional card and said to collect evidence of our ongoing life for the next 2 years, especially trips we take together and things like that.

She then said, "well, we are done here, I will do a final review and see if I can move forward with you case." I was of course disappointed when I heard that...I was hoping for a verbal approval...

The conversation then turned to something very friendly like we were with someone we'd known for a while. We discussed football, babies and raising kids and other things. We spent more time socializing than having an interview. Altogether we were in there for half an hour, but only about 15 minutes was actual interview time.

I'm a little sad because it seems that all I read on this board is people who come home from the interview and get an immediate "card production ordered" email. Our interview was Wednesday and tonight is Sunday, NO NEW AT ALL SINCE. My husband is annoyed because he is impatient to move on with our life as am I, and be immigration-free for the next 2 years. We are the same age, same background, are both English speakers language and are just your everyday in love married couple.

Anyway, I suppose patience is the name of the game tongue_ss.gif

Thank you for reading and please share your comments if you wish. Good luck to everyone going through this very stressful process!

Awe don't worry as long as the interview went well and she took your I-94 it's all good and of course this being a long weekend you will now have to wait another day but I am sure you will see card production in a week. Keep your chin up.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

I bet you'll get card production tomorrow! We got approved verbally at the interview but didn't get card production for a few more days. Congrats!

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Congrats on getting through the interview! It took a week for us to receive an e-mail about card production being ordered after the interview :thumbs:

AOS

09/21/08- Phil arrives in US

08/15/09- Wedding

10/16/09- Mailed out AOS package

01/14/10- Interview completed - Approved!

01/23/10- Conditional Green Card received!

ROC

10/17/11- Mailed ROC package

10/19/11- Package arrives at VSC

10/20/11- NOA1 issued

10/24/11- "Touch"

10/24/11- Check cashed

10/26/11- NOA1 received

11/23/11- Biometrics appointment

01/14/12- Conditional GC Expired

07/17/12- Approved! - Notification of card production

07/23/12- Notification of card being mailed

07/25/12- 10 year GC received!

0e871ca96e.png?html

~~~~

Be the change you wish to see in the world

Timeline

Thank you all for your comments, it made me feel better! My husband also bought me a diamond eternity ring yesterday so that didnt hurt, either lol :rofl:

Again, many thanks for your replies, I do appreciate a lot!!! (F)

event.png

Timeline

I bet you'll get card production tomorrow! We got approved verbally at the interview but didn't get card production for a few more days. Congrats!

Thank you for your comment, Harpa Timsah. I was glad to read a comment from you on my thread actually as I value your opinions from coming across several of your posts on this board. And you were right...:dance:

event.png

Thank you for your comment, Harpa Timsah. I was glad to read a comment from you on my thread actually as I value your opinions from coming across several of your posts on this board. And you were right...:dance:

Hey, I was off by one day! Unless the text came in the middle of the night ;) Congrats!

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

That's awesome! Congratulations big time! Amazing stuff! Got my interview next Friday, sort of crapping myself. The only 'hard' evidence we have is proof of residence together in the form of lease. No bank/insurance docs coz of no SSN, tons of pics and greetings cards, maybe we'll get some Affidavits?? I'm confident in that we'll come across as a genuine couple because, well, we are, and we're very much happy and in love. But it's still scary as hell!

Great to hear a good story! Love it.

08/10/11 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago Lockbox (concurrent filing of I-485 and I-130)

08/12/11 - AOS Package received

08/17/11 - Received NOA1, NOA2 and NOA3

09/07/11 - Biometrics appointment at Dallas Service Center

10/02/11 - Received Interview appointment for 10/21/11 in Dallas

10/21/11 - Interview - APPROVED!!

Timeline

That's awesome! Congratulations big time! Amazing stuff! Got my interview next Friday, sort of crapping myself. The only 'hard' evidence we have is proof of residence together in the form of lease. No bank/insurance docs coz of no SSN, tons of pics and greetings cards, maybe we'll get some Affidavits?? I'm confident in that we'll come across as a genuine couple because, well, we are, and we're very much happy and in love. But it's still scary as hell!

Great to hear a good story! Love it.

Oh dont be scared, it will go fine! There are PLENTY of people on this board who didnt have a lot of joint things because of the no SSN thing yet and they were approved just fine. Some IO's are nicer than others, just like people in general. Ours was very nice but approved 4 business days later, and other couples get very rude IO's and get approved as soon as they get home. Affidavits from friends are helpful in cases likes yours and all the pics will suffice. At ROC, you can show all your joint evidence.

Best of luck! and I'm glad my experience was of use to you!

event.png

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

just wanted to update that the sometimes elusive permanent resident card came in the email today! Thank you VERY VERY much to all of you who responded to my thread and encouraged me...it was soooo helpful. My husband and I are so happy to just move on with our lives and not discuss immigration for a long time...although 2 years can fly by lol

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.