Persepolis

Proof of relationship for embassy

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi I sent in my I-129F this month and should hopefully be approved by Jan. I am 21 years old and my fiancé is 22 (6 months older than me lol)

Anyway with my application I sent 3 pictures of us together from two of my trips. The problem is on my latest trip (this summer) we took little pictures together because we didn't think of it at the time. I have 20 pictures of her and we have pics where we are sitting at a resturant and she took pics of me and I took pics of her. Being that it was in Iran you really can't get near a woman and take a picture as it is not culturally appropriate to do that in public by young people. In fact I was told on several ocassilms

To separate my distance from the owners of several restaurant. Some pics we had were deleted when her camera broke.

Anyway I plan to go back in may, but I am sure she will have her interview before Than so that scraps hopes of getting more pictures taken before the interview. Furthermore, under Iranian law I have pending soldier service so I can only visit once a year and I cannot visit till March 21st, 2012 as that is when the Iranian new year is. So right now I am looking at 3 pics from the I-129F, a couple of pics from a restaurant we were at where you can tell we took pics of each other and were at the same table. And a picture with me, her mother, and aunts, which hopefully she will find. So tops 5-6 pics.

I have several sources of other proof such as engagement ring reciept and a gold necklace

And earrings reciept (she holds them right now), as well as a mountain of online phone card that shows detailed

Records of me calling her cell and house and for how long each convo lasted, along with some skype PHONE CALLS I MADE. She doesn't have high speed Internet or any type

Of Internet so no emails, chat logs, etc. plus alot of things in Iran like the Internet is heavily censored so no facebook etc.

So since her interview isn't for another 5-6 months I was wondering what types of evidence I can get to help support my case to make up for the lack

Of having 20 pics of us. Her interview will be Ankara which is a good and well reviewed embassy by members here haven't seen any problems.

I was thinking maybe get her to send me snail mail I send her snail mail as well sending her gifts from a courier service and keeping the receipts.

Would that along with the other sources of evidence I mentioned be reasonably enough? Our ages should work in our favor since we are young and close in age and both born In Iran (I moved when I was 4 years old)?

Any tips will be great thanks!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

hi, you can take pictures with dates, places of intrest togather with family and friends,save all the boarding passes airline dates,if you ever used a atm machine make copies of the statements,you send any postal letters or gifts get receipts,copies of your us passport stamp pages,letter of affidivit of friends or family, that say thay was at the engagement cermony,or has known both of you since the relatition,she can use some ones computer a friend, the pay internet store, to send e.mails to you,also keep calling records.you have some time before the interview, good luck to you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

if the photos wouldn't be enough for the immigration, you should probably expect some RFEs for additional proof of your relationship. i hope you included other proofs like emails call records etc etc along with your documents to the uscis when you sent your application though.. oh well either way, if it won't be enough for them they will mail you to ask for more evidence so no worries .. just prepare and include everything that you can if ever they contact you.. and if one of the reasons why you can't take tons of photos with your fiancee during your time of visit to her place, just write down that reason that Iran isn't as liberal when it comes to this thing when they ask you for RFEs.. you'll be fine goodluck:)

Edited by la2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

"if the photos wouldn't be enough for the immigration, you should probably expect some RFEs for additional proof of your relationship. i hope you included other proofs like emails call records etc etc along with your documents to the uscis when you sent your application though.. oh well either way, if it won't be enough for them they will mail you to ask for more evidence so no worries .. just prepare and include everything that you can if ever they contact you.. and if one of the reasons why you can't take tons of photos with your fiancee during your time of visit to her place, just write down that reason that Iran isn't as liberal when it comes to this thing when they ask you for RFEs.. you'll be fine goodluck:)"

The ONLY thing you need to prove during the I-129F petition is that you have met 1 time in the last 2 years. Primary proof of this meeting is airline tickets (boarding passes, copy of the USC passport showing entry stamp. Secondary proof would be a few photos of the two of you together.

Proof of ongoing relationship occurs at the interview stage, where you will show the Consulate photos, emails, phone records, proof of additional trips (if applicable), etc...

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Timeline

Proof of ongoing relationship occurs at the interview stage, where you will show the Consulate photos, emails, phone records, proof of additional trips (if applicable), etc...

Exactly, so right now I am limited on a handful of photos and I know her interview will probably be in March or April at the latest.

So I need to know if i have LARGE amounts of other sources of evidence of an ongoing relationship (phone records, engagement ring reciept, gift reciept, more gifts, some snail mail) will that make up for only having 5+ pictures?

Edited by Persepolis

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Your proof should be sufficient to make up for the few photos you have, but I also suggest you continue to email and build a large record of your communication from now until just before the interview.

Emails, e-cards, snail mails, phone records all help to prove your ongoing relationship, as well as updated letters of intent to marry dated closer to the time of the interview.

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Timeline

Your proof should be sufficient to make up for the few photos you have, but I also suggest you continue to email and build a large record of your communication from now until just before the interview.

Emails, e-cards, snail mails, phone records all help to prove your ongoing relationship, as well as updated letters of intent to marry dated closer to the time of the interview.

Anything computer related won't work, I mean she doesn't have an email and I doubt she knows how to set one up lol.

But yeah I will send a few gifts (for christmas, valentines day, etc.) and keep records as well keep collecting phone records.

I think our young age works in our favor because the embassy probably doesn't expect a bunch of 22 year olds to be THAT ORGANIZED in this process compared to lets say a 28 or 35 year old couple. So hopefully our age and naiveness gets us a little bit of leeway.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.