A and T

Anyone had any movement on your Adam Walsh Cases?

28 posts in this topic

Mine was last touched December of 2010, total time since my i-130 was submitted so far over 2 and half years. No amount of service requests or calls seems to get any answers or movement. What about you guys?

I can't believe they don't have some type of time frames or due process that they are required by law to follow...

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

No word been in back ground checks since 9/09.

According to my Attorney and Senator's Representative they may take all the time they want to do back ground checks.

At one point they said they were waiting on informationto be returned to them this was over a year ago.

I feel they try to find something and when nothing turns up they try again and again.

I also believe that they are finding the laws; rules and regulations are nothing more than slippery slopes especially when they are finding people meeting the almost impossible task of proving no risk to the future spouse.

It seems most denials are due to someone not getting the required eveidence in on time or failing to disclose.

it is just another aspect of the AWA which is failing to be upheld by courts of law.

I thought you had to file through the US Embassy if you are living in the Philippines?

You will also need a sponsor because you have not been living and working in the USA.

Your case is so different than most of us because most of the men maintain their residence in the USA and process the case while in the USA.

Based on you blog, you are living in the Philippines.

Good luck with the process.

My wife and I had no issues getting her here in the USA. It just took 10 months to get her here.

My Senator was very useful because he was able to get the case expedited.

My Senator was newly elected at the time and we were probably his first request for assistance.

Edited by bestofboston

I thought you had to file through the US Embassy if you are living in the Philippines?

You will also need a sponsor because you have not been living and working in the USA.

Your case is so different than most of us because most of the men maintain their residence in the USA and process the case while in the USA.

Based on you blog, you are living in the Philippines.

Good luck with the process.

My wife and I had no issues getting her here in the USA. It just took 10 months to get her here.

My Senator was very useful because he was able to get the case expedited.

My Senator was newly elected at the time and we were probably his first request for assistance.

I filed in the usa back in july of 2009, since it has taken them years with no movement on my case i finally had no choice but to move to the philippines. I have a new job , and i can get a co sponsor if needed but i dont think thats going to be an issue. But we will cross that bridge if we ever come to it. I gave them my updated tax information when i applied, i sent tax years 2004,05,06, 07 and 08 for good measure. Not sure what to tell them if they want more than that, as i sent what was required at the time i filed (not my fault they are dragging it out)

Ive called my senator so many times, it does no good for me

My lawyer doesnt help either

They keep telling me its background checks but last year they told me the background checks were complete. So i dont know what is going on

I changed jobs so i could support my wife and be with my wife , i left my home country and everything I own to be with her as a normal married couple. If that isn't proof enough of dedication then i dont know what is.

Also i feel they have no right deny us, because we are living together now in the philippines it shouldn't matter if its just the same in the usa.

Edited by Adam and Thet

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!

atckcgod5n.png

Timeline

well ours was filed 2008... made numerous calls and sent service requests many many times....we got an email saying our case was approved last february 14, 2011, of course we rejoiced!.. but it never reached the NVC to this date...then USCIS said it went to appeals, appeals returned it to uscis as they can't do anything with an approved cases...now, uscis said the approval notice was just a PRELIMINARY DECISION although it was clearly stated there that YOUR I129F PETITION has been approved blahblahblah.follow the instructions blahblahblah... what was that, a false hope? they took it back? it really hurts!!! the approval email sent was just a preliminary approval??? and then what?? NO CLEAR ANSWER AND NO TIME FRAME, JUST WAIT...then they said it was sent to archive and will be dealt with when a GUIDELINE for adam walsh petition will be ready...yeah right, it has been almost 4 years! I myself as the beneficiary should be the very first person to know if my fiance poses risk on me, we've been together for almost 4 years... much more that i will never ever put myself at risk just for me to get to the US!

well ours was filed 2008... made numerous calls and sent service requests many many times....we got an email saying our case was approved last february 14, 2011, of course we rejoiced!.. but it never reached the NVC to this date...then USCIS said it went to appeals, appeals returned it to uscis as they can't do anything with an approved cases...now, uscis said the approval notice was just a PRELIMINARY DECISION although it was clearly stated there that YOUR I129F PETITION has been approved blahblahblah.follow the instructions blahblahblah... what was that, a false hope? they took it back? it really hurts!!! the approval email sent was just a preliminary approval??? and then what?? NO CLEAR ANSWER AND NO TIME FRAME, JUST WAIT...then they said it was sent to archive and will be dealt with when a GUIDELINE for adam walsh petition will be ready...yeah right, it has been almost 4 years! I myself as the beneficiary should be the very first person to know if my fiance poses risk on me, we've been together for almost 4 years... much more that i will never ever put myself at risk just for me to get to the US!

You really need to sue, if they sent you an approval but wont let it go further! They cant just throw your application in a bin and wait for someone to write guidelines . Thats insane! Sounds like its time to lawyer up , just make sure to use a good one!

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!

atckcgod5n.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

You really need to sue, if they sent you an approval but wont let it go further! They cant just throw your application in a bin and wait for someone to write guidelines . Thats insane! Sounds like its time to lawyer up , just make sure to use a good one!

[/quote

hi all, our case was denied in June 29, 2011. then we tried to get visitor visa for me, but they denied it too. now we are going to start new process with new attorney, i think our old case was not strong enough. we found out about pardon, but we were told that my husband will be able to apply after 10 years since his crime. it is just 6. we are not going to give up. we will fight for our happiness.

Have any of you contacted the Ombudsman about the process not being followed? Im temped to, but worried it might not do any good. Anyone tried it?

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!

atckcgod5n.png

Have any of you contacted the Ombudsman about the process not being followed? Im temped to, but worried it might not do any good. Anyone tried it?

I really think that only by nocking to all doors possible the right ear may hear the problem. I think the real problem is that there is no clear policy how to handle such a petitions, but AWA petitions are small fraction of other type of cases - so we are not a priority for the USCIS. Plus, we are type of cases where officials are not eager to help. But the only way to get something is keep bugging, and better in numbers (the more people are signed petition, the more "weight" it has).

So, write, please! I keep asking my husband to write somewhere, but he had git dissapointed in the US system long time ago...

I really think that only by nocking to all doors possible the right ear may hear the problem. I think the real problem is that there is no clear policy how to handle such a petitions, but AWA petitions are small fraction of other type of cases - so we are not a priority for the USCIS. Plus, we are type of cases where officials are not eager to help. But the only way to get something is keep bugging, and better in numbers (the more people are signed petition, the more "weight" it has).

So, write, please! I keep asking my husband to write somewhere, but he had git dissapointed in the US system long time ago...

As for my case movement... It is in a local office (why?), and was originally filled in Feb 2008, but transfered to the local office in March 2009. Since then we had an interview in August 2009 and NOID on which we replied in June 2010. And nothing since.

We go to the Infopass every 3-4 months. And I had contacted our Congressman. At first Congressman's representative was wery friendly and got back to me realy fast, but after getting detailes on a case, she got impossible to reach and didn't get back to us. I have called back a lot of times, but after telling who is calling always was sent to a voicemail box. So, one day I left an angry message, and, may be that was a reason, but I did get back a letter that they had contacted USCIS, but we need to realise that that is AWA case and it takes time.

We went to another infopass, and learned that our case went through level 1 adjadicator's decision and was folloved by supervisor's decision. The decisions were 1 advise to approve and 1 to deny. Now the case is at the Field Director's Office desk (we never got any letters or emails about any of that activity). Director's decision will be final. (The procedure of 3 officer's decision is for cases which end up in a local office only!).

It had been 3 month since a case is on the Director's desk. So, we went to Infopass again, and the level 1 officer went to supervisor to ask about my case. He came back with the reply that they know this case and if we think that USCIS does something wrong about a case, we sould contact Congressman or Senator, or, basically, sue them, if we wish. But there is no point to come here (to Infopass).

We tried to contact Congressman again, called and a left a massage a few times, but she never called back. For me, taht is a clear answer that our Congressman doesn't want to deal with AWA cases. Now, we soon will be moving to a different district, and I will try to contact the other Congressman, hopefully he will be a better help.

I feel like I need to be more proective and to contact everybody I only can, but writting in English is not easy for me, and my husband don't believe in any help. But i'm exausted - 5 years!!! He doesn't understand. The other day I read in a newspaper that homosexual couples are allowed to petition for immigration of a partner - they got it! Why can't we???

• 1 month later...
The other day I read in a newspaper that homosexual couples are allowed to petition for immigration of a partner - they got it!

can't imagine this is true. the federal government does NOT recognize gay marriage, and does NOT afford the same rights to homosexuals that are given to heterosexuals.

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

16 jul 11 : i-751 sent to VSC (fedex)

18 jul 11 : fedex confirmed delivery; NOA1 generated

20 jul 11 : NOA1 notice rec'd; check cashed; touch

26 jul 11 : NOA2 generated

28 jul 11 : NOA2 biometrics appt letter rec'd

29 jul 11 : letter req biometrics appt rescheduling sent

09 aug 11 : biometrics appt (could not attend); NOA3 generated

11 aug 11 : NOA3 (rescheduled) biometrics appt letter rec'd

24 aug 11 : biometrics appt

14 oct 11 : conditional green card expiry date

16 nov 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR online

18 nov 11 : mailed i-865 for USC

22 nov 11 : moved house; NOA4 change of address for USC rec'd

13 dec 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR by phone

29 dec 11 : filed hardcopy AR-11 for LPR by mail

18 jan 12 : 6 month mark ROC

05 apr 12 : approval letter rec'd

16 jul 12 : n-400 filing window opens

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

Timeline

I filed in the usa back in july of 2009, since it has taken them years with no movement on my case i finally had no choice but to move to the philippines. I have a new job , and i can get a co sponsor if needed but i dont think thats going to be an issue. But we will cross that bridge if we ever come to it. I gave them my updated tax information when i applied, i sent tax years 2004,05,06, 07 and 08 for good measure. Not sure what to tell them if they want more than that, as i sent what was required at the time i filed (not my fault they are dragging it out)

Ive called my senator so many times, it does no good for me

My lawyer doesnt help either

They keep telling me its background checks but last year they told me the background checks were complete. So i dont know what is going on

I changed jobs so i could support my wife and be with my wife , i left my home country and everything I own to be with her as a normal married couple. If that isn't proof enough of dedication then i dont know what is.

Also i feel they have no right deny us, because we are living together now in the philippines it shouldn't matter if its just the same in the usa.

Wow I filed in June 2009 and have had the similar follow up.

Cogressman and Attorney say it is in Background checks...I say ok and...... 3 years running you have not found anything and you are not going to besides the disclosed case.

I get told they can take all the time they want.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We married in June 2010. Filed I-130 & I485. Biometrics in August interview in September 2010.

Received RFE at interview - provided Court documents by end of November. June EAD & AP renewed

for one year (2012). NOID received September 2011 - time to reply October 2011. Provided

Psychological Report and letter from Probation Officer. Nothing has changed online since November

when we received NOID. Nothing saying that we received NOID, nothing that we replied to NOID or

if it has been forwarded from our state to Vermont. Not sure if we'll get approved or denied or

how long it will take. But as long as they don't deny us I can continue to renew my work permit,

continue to work and live with my husband. Not great that I can't leave US and travel to see

my family, but they can come here I guess.

Timeline

We married in June 2010. Filed I-130 & I485. Biometrics in August interview in September 2010.

Received RFE at interview - provided Court documents by end of November. June EAD & AP renewed

for one year (2012). NOID received September 2011 - time to reply October 2011. Provided

Psychological Report and letter from Probation Officer. Nothing has changed online since November

when we received NOID. Nothing saying that we received NOID, nothing that we replied to NOID or

if it has been forwarded from our state to Vermont. Not sure if we'll get approved or denied or

how long it will take. But as long as they don't deny us I can continue to renew my work permit,

continue to work and live with my husband. Not great that I can't leave US and travel to see

my family, but they can come here I guess.

You are in our Prayers for success!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.