dap

Great Hotels

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Everyone! Planning a trip to see the darlin in Jan. Can you give me some good clean locations in Negril. We usually stay in Kingston but thought I would treat him and the kids to a vacation. It has to be a place that will accept kids as it will be our kids first time meeting.

Thanks.

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

RIU is really nice.

Sandals also. And Sandals is very children-friendly.

If you're looking for a budget, but nice place, Rayon hotel is nice. Pansy is very good. Inbox me if you're considering this location and I will give you my name so you can say that I referred you and hopefully get you a deal :)

FYI- whatever you do, don't do Samsara. It's allltheway in the cut and has roaches.

K-1

12.15.2009- we met <3 :) i love my muffin.

10.19.2010 NOA1

10.27.2010 "Touched"

5.2.2011 NOA 2

5.5.2011 Received NOA2 hardcopy

5.19.2011 Emailed/Sent Packet 3

6.14.2011 Received Packet 4

7.1.2011- Interview(Approved!!)

7.13.2011- "Visa Transferred"-- whatever that means...

7.25.2011- "Visa Issued"-- whatever that means...

7.28.2011- Visa arrives at DHL facility (8:30 pm)

7.29.2011- Visa received

7.31.2011- POE (BWI)-- NEVER ISSUED AN I-94 (WTH)

8.15.2011- I-94 Obtained from IAD's CBP Inspection Office

AOS & EAD

9.8.2011- Mailed USPS Priority Express

11.29.11- RFE for Income Tax Return-- SEND YOUR ENTIRE TAX RETURN DOCUMENT!!

11.30.11- mailed Tax Return UPS Priority Express

12.9.11 AOS "transferred to a USCIS office" - - supposedly our local one

12.14.11- "touched"

12.15.11- received EAD

2.8.12- put in a service request for GC

2.22.12- My husband was contacted by the local USCIS office here in Washington DC and told that it was infact transferred to the CSC. Not their office. She also suggested he keep checking on it because sometimes things just sit there and take up to 3 years to be processed--- SAYWHAT?! ... stay tuned

3.29.12- Approved, Green Card in production

4.4.12- Green Card received- NO INTERVIEW

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Moving from Bringing Family... to Caribbean Regional forum as not visa specific but is country specific *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

What price range, how many rooms, condo unit or not, all inclusive or not? I would recommend looking on the beach road, not the cliffs with kids - Some suggestions - Yellowbird, Hidden Paradise, Negril Beach Club Condos, Legends, Footprints, Seawind -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Hey Everyone! Planning a trip to see the darlin in Jan. Can you give me some good clean locations in Negril. We usually stay in Kingston but thought I would treat him and the kids to a vacation. It has to be a place that will accept kids as it will be our kids first time meeting.

Thanks.

I was just going over a comment a posted and see that you asked a question about K1 visa payment. I just responded, but you may not see it. Yes, you have to pay $350 for the K1 visa and that is money which is different from the meds and vaccinations fee.

Timeline

What price range, how many rooms, condo unit or not, all inclusive or not? I would recommend looking on the beach road, not the cliffs with kids - Some suggestions - Yellowbird, Hidden Paradise, Negril Beach Club Condos, Legends, Footprints, Seawind -

Not really a price range because there will be kids so want them to have fun. Going thorough this process and the amount of money we are spending, i do want something reasonable. I will look these locations up. I do not want all inclusive because I want my daughter to experience the culture. Thanks about the cliffs... not sure if I want a condo unit or not.. they is a possibility.

I was just going over a comment a posted and see that you asked a question about K1 visa payment. I just responded, but you may not see it. Yes, you have to pay $350 for the K1 visa and that is money which is different from the meds and vaccinations fee.

OMG... I thought that was what I paid for. WOW! Good thing I am getting a raise... lol

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Not really a price range because there will be kids so want them to have fun. Going thorough this process and the amount of money we are spending, i do want something reasonable. I will look these locations up. I do not want all inclusive because I want my daughter to experience the culture. Thanks about the cliffs... not sure if I want a condo unit or not.. they is a possibility.

OMG... I thought that was what I paid for. WOW! Good thing I am getting a raise... lol

$350 in US dollar

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

sandals itself doe'nt admit kids but Beaches which is owned by Sandals is considered their family compound so to speak. beaches is a great family hotel! all inclusive and a mini water park for the kids.also playground for the liitle kids and daycare facilities too.its a bit pricey tho as all sandals are.for something a little less u can try Sunsent Beach Resort and Spa in montego bay.great family hotel also with water slides,little kids playground and daycare.

those are the 2 family hotels we have tried so far.they are both great,check out their website for prices :)

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Rooms on the Beach

&

Sunset Jamaica Grande (which is right beside rooms in the heart of Ocho and has water slides and kid friendly).

Case #1: CR1 & CR2-Hubby & Kids
6/6/11...Priority Date
7/2011...NOA2 ~44 days
8/5/2011...NVC & IIN # Received
9/12/11... CR1 & Cr2 cases completed. ~37 days
11/4/11... CR1 & CR2 Interview APPROVED!!!
11/2011... POE
Praise Jesus!smile.png
----------------------------------
Case #2 - F1-Sister
USCIS

10/2006....I-130 sent.

NVC
9/2011.....NVC Case # received.
1/2012....AOS Bill Paid & I864 sent.
2/2012....IV Bill Paid & DS 230 sent
2/2012....**Case on Child Status Protection Act Review**

3/2012...Case complete waiting for interview date.

KNG Embassy

11/2013...Interview date :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.