abdelnish83

Denied

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
:( wow, that's so crazy!! Sorry to hear, how do they expect us to know every single detail if we dont live with eachother, not everyone can afford to go to morocco and live there for 3 months, its not our fault if we meet and fall in love. God destined us to be together (L) (L) But definetly dont give up!! :D :D :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think it might be the quick engagement within the first year. How did you meet him? Were you there for those 7 months or did you visit? When did you visit? It almost sounds like they asked those ridiculous questions as a matter of form, in order to do what they already had in their minds to do, which was deny. How many people were in your school? Come on, why would you ever discuss that with your fiance? Like that is a pertinent piece of information in today's reality. I have a question though - how did they know about your half-brother and half-sister? Is that information they just found out about you on their own? Also, are you Moroccan-American, I am just wondering because you said your parents came to America.

we met online. i went there after 7 months and the first time was when we got engaged i stayed that time for 5 days and than after 10 months i went back and stayed with him and his family for 2 months. He told them in the interview when they asked about how many sibilings i have and he said 4 two younger brothers and a half brother and sister. I am just American. my parents are originally from jamaica.

Filed I129F: 03/4/2011

Received by USCIS: 3/8/2011

NOA:3/10/2011

NOA2:06/21/2011

Case# received from NVC: 07/1/2011.

got packet 3/4: Aug/4/2011

Interview: Sept 21st 2011

Timeline

Perhaps what they meant was that you didn't know each other enough in person? I'm not sure if you meant you lived there for 2 months before or after filing, but they may have taken issue with the 5 day visit before getting engaged and maybe also before filing. I'm sorry to hear about your denial. (F)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Sorry to hear that. Never give up. My fiancee was denied her first K-1 visa application on Sept. 2010 and I applied for the second K-1 on April. Today, after 31 days AP, her visa is approved. I advise you not to give up.

Good luck

Excellent news...Congrats.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

all the questions about our relationship he knew. like when we met, how long we been together, but then they start asking questions like how many ppl were in my school and when did my parents come to america and what did my half brother and sister do for a living. just stupidness. I don't understand y they did that to him? We knew each other 7 months b4 we got engaged. and we were together a year and a half b4 we sent the petition. by time he had his interview it is not 2 years. They didnt even look at ne of the proof or evidence we prepared just said at the end when he asked y they denied him "you dont know ur fiance enough, and u can have another chance after u get married to her." the treatment was very unfair. he didnt even have a chance to prove nething.

I'm so sorry to hear about the denial. Morocco is a very tough embassy. You just never know what type of questions that they will ask and how deep that they will go. I've read a lot of VJ'ers interview experiences with the US embassy in Morocco.

Don't give up on your relationship or this process, just learn from it and be prepared when you chose to file again...whatever route you decide to take. You can look at other VJ members that are from Morocco and read about their interview questions and their experiences. It may be very beneficial if you are there when it comes time for the interview.

My husband is from Lebanon and I know that he will be more scrutinized than individuals from other countries. He has never been to the US, but he knows a lot about my family and close friends, but if the CO asked him how many people were in the college I attended, he wouldn't know, and I certainly don't know. :hehe: The CO was was really digging deep to see how well your fiance knows you.

Good luck...don't give up. You will be united with your fiance.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

It would seem, from your posts, that meeting in person for 5 days and getting engaged on the first visit was your undoing. Would you agree to marry an American man you've met only for 5 days? I (and, more importantly, the COs) don't think so. Time spent online, no matter how many hours, is not considered to be as important as face-time in the real world.

You can get married and file for the CR-1 again. Good luck and keep us posted.

Edited by sachinky

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Timeline

I'm so sorry for your denial but keep fighting to the end

Met online : 2009
Married : 07/28/2010

USCIS
Send I-130 : 06/08/2011
Touched : 06/13/2011
got a NOA1 by e-mail and SMS : 06/15/2011
got "I-797C" hard copy of NOA1 : 06/20/2011
got RFE "I-797E" : 10/15/2011
RFE Reply : 12/15/2011
Touched : 12/16/2011
I-130 Approved : 12/20/2011
got "I-797" hard copy of NOA2 : 12/24/2011
Your I-130 was approved in 183 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC
NVC Case Number : 01/13/2012
Pay "$88" AOS Bill and e-mailed DS-3032 : 02/08/2012
Email from NVC, DS-3032 Accepted : 02/09/2012
AOS Fee Shows PAID : 02/09/2012
IV fee invoiced "$404" : 02/10/2012
IV fee invoiced "$230" : 04/18/2012
Pay "$230" IV Bill : 04/30/2012
IV Fee Shows PAID : 05/02/2012
Send AOS and IV packet : 06/09/2012
AOS and IV packet Received : 06/22/2012
Case completed at NVC : 06/29/2012

Interview Date : 08/28/2012 "Denied"

Case Reaffirmed : 07/16/2013

Second interview - Approved : 10/24/2013

Visa Issued : 10/29/2013

Visa in hand : 10/31/2013

For more details please visit my timeline

485.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.