tr3sh4

Dhaka, U.S Embassy Administrative Processing Time

251 posts in this topic

[quote name="Rahat" post="6344167" timestamp="1372867

@ Rahat

They put everyone in ap regardless of visa category. I had my interview on 24th march for immigrant visa & I'm in ap since than. My case status updated twice since then. I have a relative whose status updated on 15 & 25th June same as yours but he'd his interview on 25th April. He's over 60 yrs. he's also in ap since his interview.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

My husband had his interview today and he is also in AP. Would it help to call the embassy every couple of weeks or so? Would they give me any answers as a USC petitioner if I visited the embassy in person?

06.27.12: Mailed out I-130 IR1 for husband

07.02.12: NOA1
03.08.13: NOA2
05.10.13: Case complete

07.10.13: Interview - AP

12.05.13: AP completed

12.17.13: Visa in hand

02.02.14: POE - NYC

04.04.14: Greencard in hand

11.06.19: Mailed out N-400

12.03.19: Biometrics

01.21.21: Citizenship Interview

--

06.01.18: F2A filed for brothers ages 20, 19 and 16

03.26.20: Petition approved ages 21, 20 and 17

04.24.21: DQ - awaiting interview ages 22, 21 and 18

@ Ainsn

Well, there is no way u can expedite the process. You will get the same answer if u call them, email them or visit them in person. However, you can try your luck just in case they give u a better answer. I hope his ap gets over soon.

Timeline

Mine changed yesterday and today. But it still says the case is in AP, so I doubt it matters that the date is changing.

--

Filed: Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hi All,

can anyone pls help me to know abt Administrative Processing of US embassy Dhaka!

i applied for NIV Business Visa, while interview, Visa officer told me that i will get the visa just after their administrative processing.

bt its been 9 month i m stuck in AP. and my case not updating at all.

i send mail to US embassy Dhaka , they suggest me to wait, i called DOS, they said my case is still at US embassy Dhaka.

can any one pls help me to know, how long it can take to finish AP.

anyone there who waited 9 months for Non Immigrant Visa?

Thanks

Hi samir... I'm also in ap for last 3 and half months.... Anyways just want to ask u what u mean by ur case didn't update at all...?

Timeline

How to call DOS & who is DOS...!

DOS is the US Department of State in Washington, DC. It is the government branch that oversees, drafts policies, and monitors travel trends of citizens and immigrants going in and out of the US. Their phone number is: 202-663-1225.

Sometimes consulates ask DOS for help with security checks on applicants/petitioners, in which case they could be an additional contact (along with the beneficiary's consulate) for you if your case is in AP. DOS can give you information on the status of your visa petition or direct your query to the appropriate office.

--

Timeline

DOS is the US Department of State in Washington, DC. It is the government branch that oversees, drafts policies, and monitors travel trends of citizens and immigrants going in and out of the US. Their phone number is: 202-663-1225.

Sometimes consulates ask DOS for help with security checks on applicants/petitioners, in which case they could be an additional contact (along with the beneficiary's consulate) for you if your case is in AP. DOS can give you information on the status of your visa petition or direct your query to the appropriate office.

Thank you...

Timeline

Does anyone know how many times us embassy update case status before issuing visa?

Thank you.

I've read many forum related to this AP and case update date changed.... But to speak the truth have no idea about this change made by them...

Is ur relative still in AP...? When was the last time his update date changed?

@ Rahat

Yes He's status is updating same as yours 15th, 25th June & thn on 11th July. But they updated my status only twice 28th march & thn 12th April. After that no update till today.

Timeline

@ Rahat

Yes He's status is updating same as yours 15th, 25th June & thn on 11th July. But they updated my status only twice 28th march & thn 12th April. After that no update till today.

It seems they update all B2 visa on the same date... Coz mine updated last on 11th July. Man is frustrating... Anyways hope we all get a good response soon. CHEERS

Filed: Timeline

@ bor&bou.

Did he signed DS 230 part || at the interview.[/quote

Yes, he did. But I thought everyone had to!

Signing DS 230 Part || means his visa has been approved. Once VO is satisfied with your docs then he asked to signed DS 230 part ||. Hope he can come out ap soon.

Thank you for letting me know that!! I hope everyone gets out of AP soon too.... Cuz this wait is just killing us ?

Filed: Timeline

Does anyone know how many times us embassy update case status before issuing visa?

Thank you.

I've been calling the DOS every week since my husband had his interview in November 2012! I asked the DOS reps several times about the online status update, they told me that it only updates when you do an inquiry by email to the consulate at Dhaka. I have contacted the congressman and the senator, they have been doing the inquiry on my behalf for the last 4 or 5 months, and I have noticed that the online status change only shows when they do the inquiry!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.