tr3sh4

Dhaka, U.S Embassy Administrative Processing Time

251 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

hey...are you still in ap?

I'm glad to tell you that my brother's AP has come to an end after 10 long months, just a few days ago. He got a call from the embassy to pick up his passport with the visa stamped on it. He has already picked up the passport and the visa.

Congratulations :D @ Export to Dhaka

my husband had his CR1 visa interview at US Embassy in London on Oct 04, 2012 and he has been n AP since than. now he is planning to go back to Bangladesh so unfortunately he has to transfer his case to the US embassy in Bangladesh.

so the question is do u think it will be a bad idea? do u think it will take extremely more time to process his visa? :(

I'm glad to tell you that my brother's AP has come to an end after 10 long months, just a few days ago. He got a call from the embassy to pick up his passport with the visa stamped on it. He has already picked up the passport and the visa.

Congratulations!! Wow 10months? He applied for spouse visa? If yes then is his wife a us citizen?

Timeline

Congratulations :D @ Export to Dhaka

my husband had his CR1 visa interview at US Embassy in London on Oct 04, 2012 and he has been n AP since than. now he is planning to go back to Bangladesh so unfortunately he has to transfer his case to the US embassy in Bangladesh.

so the question is do u think it will be a bad idea? do u think it will take extremely more time to process his visa? :(

Thanks.

I have no idea as to how switching consulates will impact AP. But if I were to make an educated guess - transferring papers and the process to a new consulate most likely will add some time.

Timeline

Congratulations!! ?

Congratulations!! Wow 10months? He applied for spouse visa? If yes then is his wife a us citizen?

Thanks guys.

Tuhii, my brother applied under F2A, my mother (LPR) petitioned him. His PD became current once (also had interview) before, but due to retrogression he had to wait until his PD was current again. Total time was 3.5 yrs, 10 months in AP. He is already in the US and enjoying it.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Timeline

I feel your pain. My friend is going through the exact same thing. She interviewed on Nov 12th, 2012. Everything went very smoothly. They gave her a token and asked her to came back on Nov 13th, 2012. When she did, they gave her a blue sleep, under 221(g) section it reads "additional processing". They kept her passport, asked for her phone number and told her that we will contact you. They did not give any reason or any time frame. We don't have any idea why and how long this wait will go on until we hear something one way or another.

Hello,

My husband had his interview on the same day at dhaka embassy. Did you get the visa yet? Cuz we're still in AP! :(

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
Hello All.This is Khan with PD 03 Jan 2011 in F2A category. I had interview on 5th May 2013 in dhaka. My case is in "Administrative Processing". Is there anyone like me here?? How much time does it take any one know?? They did not return my original documents. The CO said it would take 2 months to 4 month to get my passport back with issued visa. As I have to travel to UK in June, 2013 for official purpose and I discussed the matter with CO. The lady was very polite and return me the passport. She also told me to return it to US embassy ASAP my return to BD from UK. Will that delay my processing ? or How much time is required to approve "Administrative Processing" in F2A category? Waiting for answers.... ....

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hello,

My husband had his interview on the same day at dhaka embassy. Did you get the visa yet? Cuz we're still in AP! sad.png

did everyone here get their visa approved? how many days was it? my hubbys in ap for 2 months now nd its a black hole so shed some light plz :yes:

@Bor&Bou: Is your husband still in AP? Can you please fill out your timeline so we can follow your visa journey thus far?

@tuhii: Any word yet on your husband's case?

06.27.12: Mailed out I-130 IR1 for husband

07.02.12: NOA1
03.08.13: NOA2
05.10.13: Case complete

07.10.13: Interview - AP

12.05.13: AP completed

12.17.13: Visa in hand

02.02.14: POE - NYC

04.04.14: Greencard in hand

11.06.19: Mailed out N-400

12.03.19: Biometrics

01.21.21: Citizenship Interview

--

06.01.18: F2A filed for brothers ages 20, 19 and 16

03.26.20: Petition approved ages 21, 20 and 17

04.24.21: DQ - awaiting interview ages 22, 21 and 18

It most certainly varies from case to case as to the time required for AP.

It could be a few days in some cases, a few fews, a few months, up to a few years.

It is based on the complexity of the AP, volume of cases in the consulate, nature of your case, and maybe some other factors. It seems it is the necessary procedure that many people have to go through.

Keep fingures crossed, and check your status at ceac.state.gov or call 1 202 663 1225 press 1 press 0

you can talk to a representative about your case.

If no further documents will be required, that may speed up your case in some way.

Hello All.This is Khan with PD 03 Jan 2011 in F2A category. I had interview on 5th May 2013 in dhaka. My case is in "Administrative Processing". Is there anyone like me here?? How much time does it take any one know?? They did not return my original documents. The CO said it would take 2 months to 4 month to get my passport back with issued visa. As I have to travel to UK in June, 2013 for official purpose and I discussed the matter with CO. The lady was very polite and return me the passport. She also told me to return it to US embassy ASAP my return to BD from UK. Will that delay my processing ? or How much time is required to approve "Administrative Processing" in F2A category? Waiting for answers.... ....

@Bor&Bou: Is your husband still in AP? Can you please fill out your timeline so we can follow your visa journey thus far?

@tuhii: Any word yet on your husband's case?

Hi,

Yes, my husband is still in AP. I filled for his application in December of 2011. His interview was on November of 2012! And still now I have no clue on how much longer it will take... It's been over 6 months since his interview, contacted the Congressmen and the Senator, but no hope. I call the DOS every week and check the status online and no change. Everyone says the same thing over and over again that his case is still in "Administrative Processing" and we'll be contacted as SOON as the processing is over!!

Filed: Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hi All,

can anyone pls help me to know abt Administrative Processing of US embassy Dhaka!

i applied for NIV Business Visa, while interview, Visa officer told me that i will get the visa just after their administrative processing.

bt its been 9 month i m stuck in AP. and my case not updating at all.

i send mail to US embassy Dhaka , they suggest me to wait, i called DOS, they said my case is still at US embassy Dhaka.

can any one pls help me to know, how long it can take to finish AP.

anyone there who waited 9 months for Non Immigrant Visa?

Thanks

Hi All,

can anyone pls help me to know abt Administrative Processing of US embassy Dhaka!

i applied for NIV Business Visa, while interview, Visa officer told me that i will get the visa just after their administrative processing.

bt its been 9 month i m stuck in AP. and my case not updating at all.

i send mail to US embassy Dhaka , they suggest me to wait, i called DOS, they said my case is still at US embassy Dhaka.

can any one pls help me to know, how long it can take to finish AP.

anyone there who waited 9 months for Non Immigrant Visa?

Thanks

Hi there!

I don't know about non-immigrant visa, but I am waiting for my husband's AP to be over with! It's been over 6 months and it's an immigrant visa at the Dhaka embassy. And every time I call they reply with the same answer "Need to Wait". Hope it helps!

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

@bor&bou

Please update us ur husband status. My situation is same as him. I'm in AP since 24th March 2013. I was in London for 7 yrs like ur husband. So it will b helpful for me if u update me about his case. Thanks in advance.

@bor&bou

Please update us ur husband status. My situation is same as him. I'm in AP since 24th March 2013. I was in London for 7 yrs like ur husband. So it will b helpful for me if u update me about his case. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

My husband is still in AP. No word from the embassy yet.

Inshallah, I hope everyone gets out of AP soon.

Hope it help, cuz I don't know what else to tell you. I am as clueless as you are. :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.