Elena

What is port of entry exactly?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

This may be a stupid question but the port of entry is the first U.S. airport that the individual arrives at right? What happens after that? Does the person have to present all the visa documentation/sealed envelope at every connecting flight after the port of entry? Has anyone come through SFO and how was that experience? Thanks.

AOS

12/19/06 AOS and EAD applications recieved at Chicago office

12/22/06 file sent to CSC

2/14/07 touched

3/2/07 touched

3/5/07 touched

3/13/07 file sent back to MSC

3/14/07 touched

3/21/07 touched

3/23/07 touched

6/06/07 Interview

6/18/07 Notified through email that card was ordered

6/26/07 Recieved card in the mail TODAY!!!!!!!

EAD

3/20/07 EAD touched

3/22/07 recieved email that card has been ordered.

3/26/07 EAD card recieved in the mail.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
This may be a stupid question but the port of entry is the first U.S. airport that the individual arrives at right?

yes, that is correct :yes:

they will take and process all the "visa documentation/sealed envelope" at the POE which would be SFO...

you don't need to show it for any connecting flights :no:

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline

MarilynP,

Nor can you, since as you correctly state it was taken from you at the POE (or before, in a few situations).

Yodrak

This may be a stupid question but the port of entry is the first U.S. airport that the individual arrives at right?

yes, that is correct

they will take and process all the "visa documentation/sealed envelope" at the POE which would be SFO...

you don't need to show it for any connecting flights

Edited by Yodrak

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

A POE may also be in places other than in the USA.

To name a few interesting locations:

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Shannon, Ireland

Vancouver, Canada

A complete list can be fond here:

http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2004/04-19240.htm

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

A POE may also be in places other than in the USA.

Technically, that's incorrect (see below)

To name a few interesting locations:

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Shannon, Ireland

Vancouver, Canada

A complete list can be fond here:

http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2004/04-19240.htm

If you apply for federal job (or even as subcontractor with federal end-client), then a PFI cannot be considered as a POE. I found this out six years ago when I filled the security form subcontracting to USPTO; I submitted the form with "Calgary" as the POE (which was where I'd cleared imm and customs) but was told "POE must be on US soil". So, I had to change the POE to "Salt Lake City" which was where I made a connection to go to Atlanta.

Also, in the case of Dublin and Shannon, you only clear immigration--and must clear US customs on landing in US (unlike in Canadian PFI's where both are done simultaneously--and any stuff you take past customs, you're "scot-free" with).

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
MarilynP,

Nor can you, since as you correctly state it was taken from you at the POE (or before, in a few situations).

Yodrak

yes, that is correct

you don't need to show it for any connecting flights

yes, I know that :P .. was just answering her question...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.