mcastilloRN

G325A for children

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am helping my uncle prepare his petition for his family. Are children supposed to sign the G325A or just leave the signature blank or do parents sign for them? Thanks :help:

04/03/2003 - Officially in a relationship (Highschool school mates @ Bacolod City, Philippines)

09/10/2011 - I-129F Sent

09/12/2011 - I-129F Delivered at 10:41 am in LEWISVILLE, TX 75067 signed for by J ARTHUR.

09/14/2011 - NOA1 Received via text and e-mail (forwarded to California Service Center)

09/17/2011 - NOA1 Hardcopy received, dated 09/14/2011.

02/01/2012 - NOA2! (4 months, 2 weeks & 4 days after NOA1)

02/04/2012 - NOA2 Hardcopy received, dated 02/01/2012.

02/06/2012 - NVC Received

02/09/2012 - NVC Left

02/13/2012 - MNL Consulate Received

02/16-17/2012 - MEDICAL PASSED! Thank You Lord!

02/21/2012 - INTERVIEW - APPROVED!

02/29/12 - VISA Received

03/20/12 - Flight to US - POE: Las Vegas, NV

A4ZHvPN.jpgA4ZHm8.png

8C8Wm8.png

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

THE PETITIONER MUST SIGN THE G-325 BE PROVIDED THE APPLICATION FOR A CHILD, ANDONLY OVER 14 YEARS OR OLDER MUST FILL OUT ONE. WELL READ THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THEI-130, here comes the finest detail. GOOD LUCK

MY HUSBAND SIGN THE G-325 FOR OUR DAUGHTER (5 YEARS)CR-2blush.gif

AND CR-1 FOR MEblush.gif

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

THE PETITIONER MUST SIGN THE G-325 BE PROVIDED THE APPLICATION FOR A CHILD, ANDONLY OVER 14 YEARS OR OLDER MUST FILL OUT ONE. WELL READ THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THEI-130, here comes the finest detail. GOOD LUCK

MY HUSBAND SIGN THE G-325 FOR OUR DAUGHTER (5 YEARS)CR-2blush.gif

AND CR-1 FOR MEblush.gif

Correction: No G325a is used for step children of a US Citizen. Please see the list of required items in the I-130 instructions. Much of the same information will be needed later on the DS230 visa application but NOT when filing the I-130. A parent can sign in behalf of a child on the DS230.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

well, she don't say nothing about ''step children'' but your are right.good.gif i tell her o see the instructions.

Correction: No G325a is used for step children of a US Citizen. Please see the list of required items in the I-130 instructions. Much of the same information will be needed later on the DS230 visa application but NOT when filing the I-130. A parent can sign in behalf of a child on the DS230.

Timeline

well, she don't say nothing about ''step children'' but your are right.good.gif i tell her o see the instructions.

A foreign spouse's children who are not the natural children of a US Citizen are, by definition, step children.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

My husband, a USC, also filed IR-1 for me and IR-2 for our two year old son (the petitioner is the biological father). I was the one who signed for the G-325a form in behalf of our son.

My husband filed a separate G-325a and I-130 for our son since he got his US citizenship just recently (June 2011). When our child was born in 2009 my husband was still an LPR making our son a Filipino citizen at his birth.

Are we doing things right?

IR-1

----------

USCIS Stage: (164 days)

Jul 05, 2011 - NOA-1

Dec 16, 2011 - NOA-2

NVC Stage: (46 days)

Dec 19, 2011 - NVC Received

Jan 10, 2012 - Case Number & IIN assigned

Jan 11, 2012 - Emailed DS-3032

Jan 12, 2012 - AOS invoice received

Jan 13, 2012 - AOS paid (Only appeared as PAID on 1.17.2012)

Jan 14, 2012 - DS-3032 accepted

Jan 17, 2012 - IV invoice received & paid

Jan 22, 2012 - Mailed AOS & IV packages to NVC

Jan 30, 2012 - RFE/Checklist for I-864

Feb 01, 2012 - Mailed the IRS tax transcripts to NVC

Feb 03, 2012 - Case complete!!!

Thank you, Lord.

US Embassy, Manila:

Feb 11, 2012 - Email received for Interview Date

Feb 21, 2012 - Medical

Mar 06, 2012 - Interview Date (Approved but 221g pending NBI with AKA)

Mar 14, 2012 - Sent a new NBI with AKA to US Embassy via 2Go

Mar 26, 2012 - Issued VISA :)Thank you Lord!

Mar 30, 2012 - Visa Received!!! You are the best LORD!

Timeline

My husband, a USC, also filed IR-1 for me and IR-2 for our two year old son (the petitioner is the biological father). I was the one who signed for the G-325a form in behalf of our son.

My husband filed a separate G-325a and I-130 for our son since he got his US citizenship just recently (June 2011). When our child was born in 2009 my husband was still an LPR making our son a Filipino citizen at his birth.

Yes, except there was no need for a G325a for the son. With this particular IR2 visa scenario, the child will become a US Citizen upon arrival instead of just a permanent resident.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

is correct, it is necessary to fill a g-325 for your child, but if you want to fill, do it,

there is no problems, simply do not need to fill it.

I fill it by mistake! because my husband send the application I realized that there was no need to fill for our daughter.

but did not reach us no claim or something from the USCIS, it's all right.

good luck!!!!

hey!!!!!

we are in the same boat!!!!!!!

same history!!! and both we are July filers!!!!! LOL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.