cchhat01

Im confused by NVC/DOS and Embassy

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

My case has seen some decent amount of movement lately.

Firstly I was told by NVC that the case arrived at the NVC on the SEP 09 2011 and forwarded to the embassy on SEP 12 2011.

Great.

Then I called Department of State to see if this information matches up.

DoS said my file was received by the Mumbai consulate on SEP 12 2011 and that PACKET III was issued on SEP 14 2011.

WHAT?

NVC is sticking to their story and DoS keeps on saying the same thing.

Now let's add the Mumbai Consulate/Embassy into the mix. My fiancee contacted them via email to ask something about packet 4. Apparently, they also are claiming Packet III was issued on Sep 14, 2011 and that the file was received by Mumbai on SEP 12 2011.

DHL.COM tracking isn't verifying the DoS or Embassy's claims. There wasn't anything received by the Mumbai consulate on SEP 12 2011. Matter or fact, Mumbai hasn't seen many packages in a while, mostly NEW DELHI is receiving them. Unless the tracking means has changed from the "EXP DD MMM YYYYA" shipper reference search, this is it.

Furthermore, NVC's statement sounds more legitimate. They claim it forwarded the Approved petition to the embassy on Sep 12, 2011. On Sep 13, 2011 a package was picked up from BOSTON and is headed to the Mumbai embassy. I don't know if this is our I-129F petition, but I think it is. Its slated to be delivered on Sep 16th 2011 in Mumbai (in line with the NVC's departure timelines).

I have sent an email to the Mumbai Consulate asking them for clarification as to whether or not the case is already there.

We plan on sending the Packet 3 via email or potentially hand delivering it to the VFS office.

I don't want my fiancee to take a trip to the VFS office/embassy only to find out that we were misinformed and that the case isn't already there.

What should I believe? What should I do?

Chigs

Edited by Ami&Chigs
Spoiler

N400 Journey:

01-Mar-2017: Filed N400 Application

08-Mar-2017: Check Cashed

08-Mar-2017: NOA

06-Apr-2017: Early FingerPrints (Orig: 12-Apr-2017)

10-Apr-2017: Case In Line for Interview

10-Sep-2017: Interview Scheduled

20-Oct-2017: Interview, recommended for approval

01-Dec-2017: In line for Oath

08-Dec-2017: Oath Ceremony Scheduled SMS/Email

19-Dec-2017: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Firstly I was told by NVC that the case arrived at the NVC on the SEP 09 2011 and forwarded to the embassy on SEP 12 2011.

Great.

DoS said my file was received by the Mumbai consulate on SEP 12 2011 and that PACKET III was issued on SEP 14 2011.

WHAT?

Now let's add the Mumbai Consulate/Embassy into the mix. My fiancee contacted them via email to ask something about packet 4. Apparently, they also are claiming Packet III was issued on Sep 14, 2011 and that the file was received by Mumbai on SEP 12 2011.

DHL.COM tracking isn't verifying the DoS or Embassy's claims. There wasn't anything received by the Mumbai consulate on SEP 12 2011. Matter or fact, Mumbai hasn't seen many packages in a while, mostly NEW DELHI is receiving them. Unless the tracking means has changed from the "EXP DD MMM YYYYA" shipper reference search, this is it.

Furthermore, NVC's statement sounds more legitimate. They claim it forwarded the Approved petition to the embassy on Sep 12, 2011. On Sep 13, 2011 a package was picked up from BOSTON and is headed to the Mumbai embassy. I don't know if this is our I-129F petition, but I think it is. Its slated to be delivered on Sep 16th 2011 in Mumbai (in line with the NVC's departure timelines).

I have sent an email to the Mumbai Consulate asking them for clarification as to whether or not the case is already there.

We plan on sending the Packet 3 via email or potentially hand delivering it to the VFS office.

I don't want my fiancee to take a trip to the VFS office/embassy only to find out that we were misinformed and that the case isn't already there.

Chigs

Chigs,

I had a hell of a time watching a package on the DHL website. Waiting and waiting for it to complete the "CLEARANCE DELAY". On some very good VJ advice I called DOS and found out that not only was my file at the embassy but they had in fact already sent out P3, albeit to a bad address but thats another story. Since P3 was undeliverable the embassy had decided to send to me here in the US :blink: it took 7 weeks to get here. Fortunately we went ahead and sent the P3 info back to the embassy before I ever got the letter.

My advice is go with what DOS is telling you and send the P3 info. Worst case scenario would be that the mail room gets it and doesn't know why you sent it. If P3 has been sent I would think you are good to go!

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Chigs,

I had a hell of a time watching a package on the DHL website. Waiting and waiting for it to complete the "CLEARANCE DELAY". On some very good VJ advice I called DOS and found out that not only was my file at the embassy but they had in fact already sent out P3, albeit to a bad address but thats another story. Since P3 was undeliverable the embassy had decided to send to me here in the US :blink: it took 7 weeks to get here. Fortunately we went ahead and sent the P3 info back to the embassy before I ever got the letter.

My advice is go with what DOS is telling you and send the P3 info. Worst case scenario would be that the mail room gets it and doesn't know why you sent it. If P3 has been sent I would think you are good to go!

Good luck!

Well I've sent one final email to the embassy. If they say "Yes, we have it."

We are going to storm in with our Packet III.laughing.giflaughing.gif

Chigs

Spoiler

N400 Journey:

01-Mar-2017: Filed N400 Application

08-Mar-2017: Check Cashed

08-Mar-2017: NOA

06-Apr-2017: Early FingerPrints (Orig: 12-Apr-2017)

10-Apr-2017: Case In Line for Interview

10-Sep-2017: Interview Scheduled

20-Oct-2017: Interview, recommended for approval

01-Dec-2017: In line for Oath

08-Dec-2017: Oath Ceremony Scheduled SMS/Email

19-Dec-2017: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Well I've sent one final email to the embassy. If they say "Yes, we have it."

We are going to storm in with our Packet III.laughing.giflaughing.gif

Chigs

Storm in at dawn with overwhelming forces!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Don't worry about DhL tracking ar anything else. Email the embassy and ask them if it would be ok if you scanned your packet three. I did the same thing and they immediately emailed me back with my packet four interview letter. I went through the Mumbai consulate also.

10FEB11: FedEx I129F Packet to Lewisville, TX

14FEB11: NOA1 "Received Date"

18FEB11: Touched

17JUN11: NOA2 hard copy

19JUL11: NVC Received

21JUL11: Embassy Received

25JUL11: Packet 3 Sent from Embassy

03AUG11: Emailed packet 3 to Embassy

07SEP11: Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Great.

WHAT?

Chigs

You need to take into consideration that some Embassies will issue Packet 3, once they receive ELECTRONIC copy of your file. Others wait for actual file to arrive. Most likely one, you dealing with, is going by electronic copies. Mine, unfortunately, is waiting for PAPER one, which is still @ NVC, although our files reached NVC at same time. As I understand, some Embassies request more work to be done on petition, before file is sent over... I was told that my petition was undergoing "Additional Processing", then one CSR told me "Administrative Processing" (that scared me a lot), but on Friday I was told that my petition just became "current" (whatever it means), and will be sent out soon. After I was told "current" - called again to speak with different CSR, and was told same thing:"everything is OK, it just became current, will be sent out shortly.

Edited by StvM

It's not because things are difficult that we dare not venture. It's because we dare not venture that they are difficult. (Seneca Junior)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.