axb2011

Can I take the biometrics on the east coast?

5 posts in this topic

Hi y'all, I live in Cali and submitted my ROC application there to the CSC. I am in New Jersey right now for personal reasons and my biometrics date is 9/22/2011 in Cali.

Can I take the biometrics appt in NJ? Walk in? Will that affect my process timeline at all? If it does, I'll probably want to fly back to Cali and get this done there.

Thanks in advance :)

Short Answer is No, appointments are made for filers at certain offices at given times, yes walk ins happen, at the office that is nominated to do the scheduled Bio.

Nothing stopping you trying though, or cancel and re book for when you are back home.

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Another short answer is yes. It is possible to do an early walk-in at a separate facility than listed in the biometrics appointment notice, but it's not guaranteed. And it wont affect the timing of your processing.

As with many processes in USCIS, unfortunately it depends on the day and mood of the USCIS employee (in addition to schedule constraints). I suggest you try an early walk-in somewhere in the Eastern US. To accomplish this 1) I would research on here when are the better days to try 2)when at facility be clear, nice, and well organized/justified/presented (e.g. bring your plane tix showing you'll be in Eastern US during scheduled biometrics appointment), and it may just work out for you.

See thread: 'Re-Entry Permit: Applied After Departure' for a success story that did just what your contemplating.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi y'all, I live in Cali and submitted my ROC application there to the CSC. I am in New Jersey right now for personal reasons and my biometrics date is 9/22/2011 in Cali.

Can I take the biometrics appt in NJ? Walk in? Will that affect my process timeline at all? If it does, I'll probably want to fly back to Cali and get this done there.

Thanks in advance :)

Short answer, no harm no foul... go and walk-in ... the worst that can happen is they say no

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.