Newbies J & J

About the Form I-134 for K-1

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

I'm very confused about, The Form I-134 is Used for K-1 and K-3 nonimmigrant cases, .. Form I-864 is required for all family-based Immigrants.

I called, National Customer Service Center (NCSC): 1-800-375-5283, where a representative told me that for I-134, did not have a list amounts such as the I-864. only in the interview they wanted to know if He has anyone here in the U.S. with whom he could count, something like that was how The representative explained to me. I asked the representative that if my boyfriend could have any problem if I will do her co-sponsor of him with the amount that I Did, she said no, that would not have problem because they dont ask a specified amount that I would not have to worry about that, but I do :wacko: .

Well I have a daughter and the last year I made 20,989$ and I want to be the co-sponsor of my boyfriend, His interview is in October in Lima and I applied form for K-1 Fiance Visa's,

Now!! I can do tell me please ... since it is also a bit difficult to find a co-sponsor now, my family can not help me because they also have depends, I can I be the Co-sponsor of my boyfriend? or if you believe that He would have problems when you get your interview?

Sorry for my english is not good , but I tried to comunicate with you, I hope do you understand me what I mean.... thank you ..Gracias =) :help:

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

If you are the petitioner then you would be the sponsor. If you do not have income more than 125% of the poverty guidelines then you would need a co-sponsor.

For a family of 3 you would need to make at least $23,162.

I hope this answers your question.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

USCIS Website says this:

"Do the Same Income Requirements Apply to Form I-134 as Apply to Form I-864?

No. The 125 percent of the federal poverty guideline minimum income requirement, the most recent year's tax return, and other requirements only apply when Form I-864 is needed. Applicants presenting Form I-134 will need to show that their U.S. sponsor's income is 100 percent of the federal poverty guideline."

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html

And this website has a nice graph to help you determine what you need to make to meet 100% of the poverty guideline considering your family size. According to this, a family of 3 only needs $18,530 to make 100% of the poverty level.

Hope that helps!

1-6-2011: Met Eduardo serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Guatemala

5-2-2011: Left Guatemala to return to the US

5-18-2011: Mailed I-129F Petition

5-25-2011: Received NOA1

9-2-2011: NOA2 approved!

9-9-2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy

9-12-2011: NVC told me our petition had been received and gave me the case #

9-15-2011: Our petition arrived at the Embassy in Guatemala

11-10-11: Eduardo's interview date

11-19-11: US Entry through Atlanta, GA

12-17-11: We got Married!

1-4-12: Filed Adjustment of Status/Employment Authorization

1-17-12: NOA1 for AOS/EAD

2-14-12: Biometrics Appointment in Atlanta, GA

2-18-12: AOS transfer to CSC

3-1-12: EAD Approval (57 days)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

This is the website with the poverty guidline chart. Forgot to include it above!

http://www.coverageforall.org/pdf/FHCE_FedPovertyLevel.pdf

1-6-2011: Met Eduardo serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Guatemala

5-2-2011: Left Guatemala to return to the US

5-18-2011: Mailed I-129F Petition

5-25-2011: Received NOA1

9-2-2011: NOA2 approved!

9-9-2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy

9-12-2011: NVC told me our petition had been received and gave me the case #

9-15-2011: Our petition arrived at the Embassy in Guatemala

11-10-11: Eduardo's interview date

11-19-11: US Entry through Atlanta, GA

12-17-11: We got Married!

1-4-12: Filed Adjustment of Status/Employment Authorization

1-17-12: NOA1 for AOS/EAD

2-14-12: Biometrics Appointment in Atlanta, GA

2-18-12: AOS transfer to CSC

3-1-12: EAD Approval (57 days)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Well I knew that but if only I had understood that the amount of 125% of the Poverty guidelines is for the Form I-864 is required for all family-based immigrants .... That's why I Called, National Customer Service Center (NCSC) ... but the representative told me the form I-134 nonimmigrant cases did not have a poverty guidelines Such as the I-864 ... I explained that the 3 people is the 23.162$ Poverty guidelines, that if for I-134 was the same amount that the I-864, but she said not so I told her that if my boyfriend would have problems in his interview with the form I-134 filled only with the $ 20.989 that I did, she told me That I Would not Have to Worry About That.

That's why I ask you, if she has reason in what she said, because the representative told me that he had consulted with her ​​supervisor and she confirmed the same thing that for the form I-134 dont have any poverty guidelines exact for nonimmigrant cases..

I dont know What I do .... With the answer for the representative, If is true or not.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Because you will have to file I-864 for AOS I believe that most consulates use the 125% and apply it to the I-134 when issuing visas.

Lima's USEM just looks for 100%. At least from what I've read

10-24-2012: AOS, EAD, AP Sent

11-04-2012: NOA1 AOS, EAD, AP

11-06-2012: Biometrics App Letter

11-16-2012: My baby boy was born

11-19-2012: Biometrics Appointment

12-29-2012: AP Approved

01-04-2013: EAD Approved

01-10-2013: Combo Card Arrived

ceE0m5.png iZBZm5.png

O8N4m5.png Zn0gm5.png

Timeline

Lima's USEM just looks for 100%. At least from what I've read

Yeah I guess some only require 100% so it looks like they will be fine for the interview. At AOS they will need to file the I-864 and have to meet 125%. Better to be prepared than surprised.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

this is an email sent to me directly from a representative at the lima embassy:

LimaVisas LimaVisas@state.gov to me

Yes, he/she must be above the 125% poverty level. However, you also have to take into consideration if he/she has dependants.

Sincerely,

NOTE: DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL.

WE ONLY RESPOND TO THE INFORMATION SUBMITTED VIA THE FEEDBACK FORM:

http://lima.usembassy.gov/feedbackform.html

Consular Section, NIV Unit

American Embassy, Lima-Peru

peru.usembassy.gov

Timeline

this is an email sent to me directly from a representative at the lima embassy:

LimaVisas LimaVisas@state.gov to me

Yes, he/she must be above the 125% poverty level. However, you also have to take into consideration if he/she has dependants.

Sincerely,

NOTE: DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL.

WE ONLY RESPOND TO THE INFORMATION SUBMITTED VIA THE FEEDBACK FORM:

http://lima.usembass...edbackform.html

Consular Section, NIV Unit

American Embassy, Lima-Peru

peru.usembassy.gov

Excellent information. This should be pinned in your regional forum.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Operator is on point better to be at 125% than get a RFE or a rejection. Best of Luck.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.