Obama 2012

September 2011 AOS Filers!

878 posts in this topic

On January 31, 2012, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

WOOHOO!!!!!!! Will let you all know when we receive the card in the mail. Finally! Whewwwww, and approved without an interview. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. :thumbs::dance: Thank God....no more paperwork until ROC. We did it!

Congratulations! Will be having my interview this Friday, and hopefully things go well! Congrats to everyone! :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Congratulations! Will be having my interview this Friday, and hopefully things go well! Congrats to everyone! :D

Thank you. Good luck with your interview...I am sure it will be superfine. Keep us updated!

Congratulations !!! Party time !

Hope i get mine this month ( In February i mean)

Thanks so much. I hope yours come soon!

Men are like stars ~ there are a million of them, but only ONE can make your dreams come true. I found my STAR...

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Timeline

The USPS reported that they picked up mail from USCIS containing your new card on February 2, 2012. You should receive your new card within 7 days. :wow: We don't hear "peep" for months and now we're updated every step along the way! I wonder if we'll receive a message that it was delivered in our mailbox?? :blush: haha, only kidding. :blush::blush:

Men are like stars ~ there are a million of them, but only ONE can make your dreams come true. I found my STAR...

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Well, I had my interview today @ 1pm in LA. It was very informal and fun. My husband and I were there an hour and a half early, so we had to wait for about 2 hours before being called. We thought it would be like DMV where if you come early, they'll accommodate you immediately but oh well. My husband and I were laughing because we were dressed up too casually (note: matching flannel. yuck) and other people were dressed up a bit semi formally or at least smart casual. Made me a little bit nervous. It was fine though, cause the lady that interviewed us was very laid back and always laughing. She asked me my personal information (name, address, dob etc) and insurances/bank accounts. I think the only serious question she asked us is how we met and that was it. She didn't really say approved or anything, just that we should hear from them in 30 days if it's approved or if they need more evidence. However, when we got home, and checked our status, it was on Card/Document Production already! That was fast! YEY!!!

Thank you everyone for helping me out, everything turned out fine eventually. It's just the waiting is sooo annoying, but there is an end. Happy weekend, everyone! :D:dance:

Timeline

Well, I had my interview today @ 1pm in LA. It was very informal and fun. My husband and I were there an hour and a half early, so we had to wait for about 2 hours before being called. We thought it would be like DMV where if you come early, they'll accommodate you immediately but oh well. My husband and I were laughing because we were dressed up too casually (note: matching flannel. yuck) and other people were dressed up a bit semi formally or at least smart casual. Made me a little bit nervous. It was fine though, cause the lady that interviewed us was very laid back and always laughing. She asked me my personal information (name, address, dob etc) and insurances/bank accounts. I think the only serious question she asked us is how we met and that was it. She didn't really say approved or anything, just that we should hear from them in 30 days if it's approved or if they need more evidence. However, when we got home, and checked our status, it was on Card/Document Production already! That was fast! YEY!!!

Thank you everyone for helping me out, everything turned out fine eventually. It's just the waiting is sooo annoying, but there is an end. Happy weekend, everyone! :D:dance:

Congratulations! I'm very happy for you! Now, you can chill for a while :D

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Timeline

Thank you! Have you received your GC in the mail already? :)

:D Green card and welcome letter received 2/4/12. Damn...it feels SOOOOOO good to finally be here! WOOHOO. No more paperwork until ROC.

event.png

~K E N Y A~

My EAD finally arrived on Saturday.

K-1 Visa timeline

(See comments in my timeline)

AOS timeline

Sent off AOS forms: 29th September 2011

NOA1: 14th October 2011

Biomentrics appointment: 8th November 2011

RFE on my I-485: 21st December 2011

Mailed RFE documents: 10th January 2012

RFE documents received and under review: 13th January 2012

I-485 transferred to California Service Center: 23rd January 2012

EAD in production: 25th January 2012

EAD in hand: 4th February 2012 (128 days after filing)

Green Card approved (Without interview): 6th March 2012

Green Card in hand: 12th March 2012

Timeline

The USPS reported that they picked up mail from USCIS containing your new card on February 2, 2012. You should receive your new card within 7 days. :wow: We don't hear "peep" for months and now we're updated every step along the way! I wonder if we'll receive a message that it was delivered in our mailbox?? :blush: haha, only kidding. :blush::blush:

The USPS reported that your new card was delivered on February 4, 2012, directly to the address we had on file. If you did not receive your card, or have any questions, please call our customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Do you believe it? I was totally kidding when I made that joke! :rofl::wow:

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

The USPS reported that your new card was delivered on February 4, 2012, directly to the address we had on file. If you did not receive your card, or have any questions, please call our customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Do you believe it? I was totally kidding when I made that joke! :rofl::wow:

Lucky you!

My interview is in 2 days and i bought my ticket to visit my family for the 28...

So, im gonna have 20 days after interview to get my lovely greencard lol

I have faith in GOD that everything is gonna work out just fine!

Pray with me guys!!!

Timeline

Helppppppp please!

I cant find my original birth certificate. What do i do? My interview is tomorrow!

Helppp

Did the officer usually asks for it?

Edited by nagilavanci

Helppppppp please!

I cant find my original birth certificate. What do i do? My interview is tomorrow!

Helppp

Did the officer usually asks for it?

Maybe you sent it in with the original packet? I had my interview last Friday, and she didn't ask for it.

Timeline

Maybe you sent it in with the original packet? I had my interview last Friday, and she didn't ask for it.

Maybe I sent it together but i dont think so...

Yeah, they dont ask :(

This is probably a long shot, but does anyone have any idea when my AOS might be approved based on my timeline?

As you can see I got an RFE after almost 3 months of not hearing anything about my case. I wasn't even showing on the system. Then after that they got my reply, they approved my EAD in just 12 days (Meaning they hurried it along based on whn I had filed the original documents.). My AOS was transferred to CSC on Jan 23rd. Might they hurry that along like they did with my EAD, or will I have to wait the full processing time starting from Jan 23rd.(i.e. another 3 or 4 months)?

I'm not in a huge hurry for my green card. I'm just glad I have my EAD.

K-1 Visa timeline

(See comments in my timeline)

AOS timeline

Sent off AOS forms: 29th September 2011

NOA1: 14th October 2011

Biomentrics appointment: 8th November 2011

RFE on my I-485: 21st December 2011

Mailed RFE documents: 10th January 2012

RFE documents received and under review: 13th January 2012

I-485 transferred to California Service Center: 23rd January 2012

EAD in production: 25th January 2012

EAD in hand: 4th February 2012 (128 days after filing)

Green Card approved (Without interview): 6th March 2012

Green Card in hand: 12th March 2012

Timeline

Just had my interview!

First the lady called just my husband inside. 15min later he came out and he scort me inside. She asked how we meet and then asked my passport and then she was asking about my 3 entries in US.

The first was in 2005 (i over stay for 3 months over my visa). Then back in 2008 when i meet my husband (stay only 2 weeks) and then 2009 im here until now.

She said i had a nice wedding and she was going to approve my husbands petition, BUT however, she need to go thru all the paperwork again for my greencard.

She said it's the law!

I dont understand, what could it be wrong now? Even if she gave the approved stamp in the form, could they cancel?

I'm sooooooo sad!

Edited by nagilavanci

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.