Jes2011

Can we change DS 230 after submission at NVC?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello everyone!!!

I am a newbie here, was referred to this site by a friend, who had finished his journey with great helps of VJ members.

I am a LPR, filed F2A visa application for my foreign spouse with priority date March 2009. Everything went well with us until the case completed at NVC. I just came to know that my husband made a big mistake on his DS 230. He has given wrong information about his educational history on DS 230.

Long history cut in short, My husband had to apply for a job six years back in Qatar with forge educational certificate as the date of Birth in his genuine certificate doesn’t match with his Birth Certificate and Passport. Also when he filled DS230 at NVC, he had given the wrong information in his educational history based on those forge certificates and I was not aware of this situation. However he disclosed this matter to me recently after case completed at NVC, waiting for visa interview. Thus we need your help before anything worst happens.

My Questions:

1. Can we ask NVC to disregard/cancel the current DS230 that we have already submitted in our case and resend a new DS230 without filling any information about his educational history?

2. Should we leave this matter as it is and do not inform this matter to NVC and US Consulate?

3. In family immigrant visa case, does US Consulate verify or make any background check on educational history of the beneficiary?

4. Do you think, my spouse will be caught with this lie? If so, what will be worst scenario for that?

5. What options do we have to overcome this issue?

It has already been long, we are separated from each other and I won't be able to bear it anymore if something will go wrong at US Consulate for this reason. Please help me.

Hello everyone!!!

I am a newbie here, was referred to this site by a friend, who had finished his journey with great helps of VJ members.

I am a LPR, filed F2A visa application for my foreign spouse with priority date March 2009. Everything went well with us until the case completed at NVC. I just came to know that my husband made a big mistake on his DS 230. He has given wrong information about his educational history on DS 230.

Long history cut in short, My husband had to apply for a job six years back in Qatar with forge educational certificate as the date of Birth in his genuine certificate doesn't match with his Birth Certificate and Passport. Also when he filled DS230 at NVC, he had given the wrong information in his educational history based on those forge certificates and I was not aware of this situation. However he disclosed this matter to me recently after case completed at NVC, waiting for visa interview. Thus we need your help before anything worst happens.

My Questions:

1. Can we ask NVC to disregard/cancel the current DS230 that we have already submitted in our case and resend a new DS230 without filling any information about his educational history?

2. Should we leave this matter as it is and do not inform this matter to NVC and US Consulate?

3. In family immigrant visa case, does US Consulate verify or make any background check on educational history of the beneficiary?

4. Do you think, my spouse will be caught with this lie? If so, what will be worst scenario for that?

5. What options do we have to overcome this issue?

It has already been long, we are separated from each other and I won't be able to bear it anymore if something will go wrong at US Consulate for this reason. Please help me.

Since your case is closed, I would just suggest bringing the up-to-date DS-230 with you to the interview. Then hand it in there, explaining how after you finished with NVC you noticed the mistake with the dates. They probably won't ask much into it.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Since your case is closed, I would just suggest bringing the up-to-date DS-230 with you to the interview. Then hand it in there, explaining how after you finished with NVC you noticed the mistake with the dates. They probably won't ask much into it.

Thanks for your reply. I affraid, if we bring this matter up during interview they will be suspicious to it and put us on administrative process for an unlimited time to inquiry everything.

I would rather fix it before it moves to Consulate or do not share the issue at all with consulate. May be they won't make any inquiry of beneficiary's educational background on F2A visa. But the fact is, we could be charged for misrep if they were able to find it. In that case what can we expect the worst? Will we be given a wiaver option?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.