Humtum

Third Party Affidavit

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Can someone share a template for the bona-fide marriage affidavit by the third party (Friends/relatives). Do we need to get these Third Party Affidavit in notarized form or in plain paper is fine?

Thanx

Keep in mind a notary simply verifies signatures. They have zero to do with content. It serves no purpose to use a notary on such documents.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Can someone share a template for the bona-fide marriage affidavit by the third party (Friends/relatives). Do we need to get these Third Party Affidavit in notarized form or in plain paper is fine?

Thanx

Hi Humtum,

A template for a third party affidavit can be found at this link: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Affidavit

Just copy and paste the link into your browser. My hubby and I literally copied and pasted the third party affidavit and just amended it with the appropriate details to fit our situation.

There is no need to use any special type of paper, we just used regular printing paper. My hubby and all of our friends and family who undertook affidavits, swore to them in front of a Notary, who then signed and stamped/sealed the affidavits. You can typically find a notary in your local town hall or town court, or if that's not near you then even try in a bank near you. We found our notary in my hubby's local HSBC and Key Bank. And the service was free of charge.

Hope this helps. :)

Filed for IR-1 Visa

12/14/2008: Met for the first time through friends
01/07/2009: First Date
07/07/2010: Married!
08/19/2011: I-130 mailed
08/24/2011: USCIS Acceptance Confirmation email received
08/26/2011: NOA1 received
09/23/2011: NOA2
09/26/2011: Case received by NVC
10/17/2011: Case put on NVC's system
10/18/2011: AOS bill invoiced and paid
10/20/2011: AOS bill shown as PAID
10/26/2011: Emailed DS-3032
10/28/2011: DS-3032 acknowledged and IV bill invoiced
10/31/2011: IV bill paid
11/01/2011: IV bill shown as PAID
10/13/2012: I-864 package mailed
10/26/2012: RFE
11/06/2012: IV package mailed
01/30/2013: Case complete at NVC
02/21/2013: Medical
03/06/2013: Interview- Approved
05/30/2013: POE
07/31/2013: Greencard arrived in mail!

Account of medical: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/416093-london-medical-experience/page__p__5997291#entry5997291
Review of Embassy/Interview: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=11637

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi Humtum,

A template for a third party affidavit can be found at this link: http://www.visajourn...x.php/Affidavit

Just copy and paste the link into your browser. My hubby and I literally copied and pasted the third party affidavit and just amended it with the appropriate details to fit our situation.

There is no need to use any special type of paper, we just used regular printing paper. My hubby and all of our friends and family who undertook affidavits, swore to them in front of a Notary, who then signed and stamped/sealed the affidavits. You can typically find a notary in your local town hall or town court, or if that's not near you then even try in a bank near you. We found our notary in my hubby's local HSBC and Key Bank. And the service was free of charge.

Hope this helps. :)

Here is a sample of an uncle executing a sworn affidavit of marraige of his nephew - you can use similarly.

Date: mm/dd/2011

Name (name as in passport)

Address

Tel:

To whom it may concern:

I, xxxxx (name as in passport) was born on Month xx, xxxx in place, xxxx District, State, Country. My address is xxxxx.

Mr./ Mrs. xxxx is my nephew/ niece (whatever the relationship is), born on xxxxx in place, xxxx District, State, country to my sister-in-law xxxxxx and her husband xxxxx. I know xxxxx personally from his/ her birth and met him/ her regularly at family events, get-togethers, festivals and ceremonies. His family moved to USA in YYYY and they visit us during their trips to country.

xxxx and his parents came in contact with yyyyy and her parents (full name and full name) in month, year, as they were looking for a life partner for him/ her. They visited country in xxxxxx to personally meet yyyyy and her/ his family. They came to my house in place and stayed with us and then went to place to meet yyyyy and her/ his family. Both the families met in place and spent some time together. xxxxx and yyyyy liked each other and decided to go ahead with marriage plans.

I was a witness at xxxxxx and yyyyyy’s wedding on date. I have the personal knowledge of the bona fides of the marital relationship of xxxxx and yyyyy. Their wedding is genuine and they are looking forward to a long married life ahead.

Sincerely,

*Signature*

Sworn and subscribed to before me this _____day of month, 2011.

Notary

USA

01/08/13 - Approved and GC is order for production on 1/8/14

09/12/13 - Case transferred to CSC. NOA2 received on 09/18/13

08/30/13 - Biometrics Done - No walk ins allowed at this LSC (received on 8/16/13).

08/05/13 - NOA1 (received on 08/10/13)

08/01/13 - Mailed I-751 (received on 8/2/13 - check cashed on 8/5/13)

12/28/11 - Received SSN (applied on 12/20/11, as we didn't get based on DS-230 options)
11/28/11 - Received Green Card (Expires on 10/30/13) - Welcome Letter on 11/17/11
10/30/11 - POE - Houston, TX

Chennai Consulate (40 days)
10/28/11 - Received Visa papers and Passport at VFS
10/25/11 - Interview Cleared Successfully (Spouse was not allowed in)

NVC: (90 days from NOA2 to Consulate)
08/31/11 - Case Completed (Interview 10/25/11) - Received at Chennai on 09/19/11
07/22/11 - NVC Case Number

USCIS: (92 days)

6/21/11 - NOA2 (NOA1 on 3/25/11) - took a month to get to NVC
3/21/11 - I-130 sent to USCIS Lockbox, Chicago.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.