basher

package 3 london

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi there, i have just received my package 3 today, and i'm really confused and need some help :( :( :(

do i only have to fill and send the forms, DS-230 part I, 2 copies of DS-156, DS-156k, 2 copies of DS-157, checklist DS-2001 as a next step?

or do i need to send my birth certificate, police certificate, proof of engagement , evidence of financial support along with forms now?? or i take them with me to the interview, because on the form DS-156 they said: THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS MUST BE ATTACHED IN ORDER TO APPLY FOR A FIANCE VISA

so is that mean attach them to the DS-156 and send them right away or take em with me to the interview??

and they also that AN APPOINTMENT FOR YOUR VISA INTERVIEW WILL NOT BE SCHEDULED UNLESS WE RECEIVED THE RESULTS OF YOUR MEDICAL EXAMINATION

i haven't done my medical examination yet, so do i send the forms now and send the medical examination results later on or i just wait and send em all together at once?

what exactly do i need to send next?

i'm running outta time and any help is highly appreciated

Timeline

Hi there, i have just received my package 3 today, and i'm really confused and need some help :( :( :(

do i only have to fill and send the forms, DS-230 part I, 2 copies of DS-156, DS-156k, 2 copies of DS-157, checklist DS-2001 as a next step?

or do i need to send my birth certificate, police certificate, proof of engagement , evidence of financial support along with forms now?? or i take them with me to the interview, because on the form DS-156 they said: THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS MUST BE ATTACHED IN ORDER TO APPLY FOR A FIANCE VISA

so is that mean attach them to the DS-156 and send them right away or take em with me to the interview??

From everything I have heard from other London filers, just the forms for now. They have a station at the interview where you show the required documents. Why don't they change the form to reflect this? Couldn't say, except that they are standardized and different embassies want different things. If you want to send them in, okay I suppose, but you'll likely have to go through more work at the interview having them locate something.

and they also that AN APPOINTMENT FOR YOUR VISA INTERVIEW WILL NOT BE SCHEDULED UNLESS WE RECEIVED THE RESULTS OF YOUR MEDICAL EXAMINATION

i haven't done my medical examination yet, so do i send the forms now and send the medical examination results later on or i just wait and send em all together at once?

what exactly do i need to send next?

Send the forms if you want, but they process them separately. The forms will sit on the desk until they get your medical I believe. They process this first, because why should they bother doing the work for someone who may be rejected at the medical, you know? Schedule your medical now (they do it one week in advance), send the forms if you like. You don't GET anything from the doctor to give to the embassy (maybe vaccination record sheet for later), in case you're wondering. They send the forms to the embassy in LND 4 business days or fewer after the medical occurs. At that point, your forms will begin to be processed. Don't panic!! It's all confusing :) We got our medical on a monday, sent the forms wednesday, but that was just our experience (we had scheduled the medical right after receiving NVC number). Oh and I would suggest some tracking number for sending your forms, LND seems to be very prone to the "we never received/lost your packet." Good luck!!

Edited by Jilli & Ales

34e24bq.jpg

AOS Journey

Date Filed: 12-12-2011

NOA Date: 12-15-2011

Biometrics: 1-20-2012

Transfer: 1-13-2012

Congressional inquiry made: 7-26-2012

Approval!: 8-01-2012

Currently: BLISSFUL NOTHINGNESS!!

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hey,

OK first, breathe! So I know how I felt when I saw the packet 3 documents all very confusing and overwhelming........so despite what it says you don't have to attach birth certificate, police certificate, proof of engagement and evidence of financial support along with the packet 3, you just need to make sure you bring all that evidence to the interview with you. Download all the forms they say in the letter, complete and send back to the embassy. They also say to attach a cover letter stating when your medical is booked for, this is also an opportunity to include any wedding details if you have any.

You can schedule your medical as soon as you have a case number with Knightsbridge doctors here is some info: http://london.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visas/medical-examination.html - Just one thing to note that they don't mention on the website they want your police certificate numbers at the time of booking the medical so if you haven't already first thing to do is order the police certificate from ACPO: http://www.acpo.police.uk/NationalPolicing/ACROCriminalRecordsOffice/PoliceCertificates.aspx

After you've gone for your medical the results get forwarded to the embassy within 5 working days. Once they log all your documents and receive medical results they schedule your interview date.Hope this helps!

Timeline

Hey,

OK first, breathe! So I know how I felt when I saw the packet 3 documents all very confusing and overwhelming........so despite what it says you don't have to attach birth certificate, police certificate, proof of engagement and evidence of financial support along with the packet 3, you just need to make sure you bring all that evidence to the interview with you. Download all the forms they say in the letter, complete and send back to the embassy. They also say to attach a cover letter stating when your medical is booked for, this is also an opportunity to include any wedding details if you have any.

You can schedule your medical as soon as you have a case number with Knightsbridge doctors here is some info: http://london.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visas/medical-examination.html - Just one thing to note that they don't mention on the website they want your police certificate numbers at the time of booking the medical so if you haven't already first thing to do is order the police certificate from ACPO: http://www.acpo.police.uk/NationalPolicing/ACROCriminalRecordsOffice/PoliceCertificates.aspx

After you've gone for your medical the results get forwarded to the embassy within 5 working days. Once they log all your documents and receive medical results they schedule your interview date.Hope this helps!

Timeline

Thanks guys. i really appreciate it

i have phoned the hospital to book an appointment and they said i should bring a copy of my police certificate with me on the day of the medical examination. so i'm just gonna wait till i get the police certificate done and then i will call them again to book the appointment.

do you think it will be a good idea to send them a few new pics of my fiancee and i along with the forms? or do i just wait and take them with me to the interview?

Timeline

do you think it will be a good idea to send them a few new pics of my fiancee and i along with the forms? or do i just wait and take them with me to the interview?

I don't know, I think the forms are fairly cut and dry and don't require any proofs to approve. You'd probably confuse the form-checker's little minds and would be lucky if they end up in the file :P

But, as always, I doubt it could do harm.

Edited by Jilli & Ales

34e24bq.jpg

AOS Journey

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Hiy Guys,

i am currently waiting for my NOA2 and should be here in the next month or so. I was wondering what to gather in the meantime which led me to this post. My question is, Do you only send the forms to the embassy and no documentary evidence at all.? I ask the question because I have CIMT and I will have to provide memo's of conviction etc. Are we saying the first time the Embassy gets to see this information is on the day of the interview. I just find it hard to believe that a decision for my future in the USA would be done there and then without very much consideration.

If any of you guys could enlighten me that would be appreciated.

andy

I-129F Sent 16/05/11

I-129F NOA1 18/05/11

I-129F NOA2 23/09/11

NVC RECEIVED 12/10/11

NVC LEFT 13/10/11

CONSULATE RECEIVED 18/10/11

PACKET 3 RECEIVED 21/10/11

PACKET 3 SENT 21/10/11

MEDICAL 26/10/11

INTERVIEW 12/12/11 APPROVED!!!!

VISA RECEIVED 23/12/11

US ENTRY 31/01/12 POE PHL

MARRIAGE 11/02/12

I-485 SENT 13/03/12

I-765 SENT 13/03/12

I-131 SENT 13/03/12

BOIMETRICS APPT. 06/04/12

Timeline

Hiy Guys,

i am currently waiting for my NOA2 and should be here in the next month or so. I was wondering what to gather in the meantime which led me to this post. My question is, Do you only send the forms to the embassy and no documentary evidence at all.? I ask the question because I have CIMT and I will have to provide memo's of conviction etc. Are we saying the first time the Embassy gets to see this information is on the day of the interview. I just find it hard to believe that a decision for my future in the USA would be done there and then without very much consideration.

If any of you guys could enlighten me that would be appreciated.

andy

Well that's everything I've heard is don't send the documents because they may not make it into your file as that is not their procedure. If you want to verify with the London site feel free, here's the info:

Documents which must be presented to the Consular Officer on the day of the interview.

Applicants are required to present the originals or certified copies, and one photocopy, of all documents applicable to their application on the day of the visa interview. If an applicant fails to bring the relevant documents, his or her appointment will be cancelled and rescheduled for a later date. Please, therefore, take the time to review the document check list before attending the interview. For information on the the location of the Embassy and security procedures in place, please click on the relevant tabs on the left-hand Navigation bar.

from: http://london.usembassy.gov/application_documents.html

Look through the K-1 site if no one's linked you yet!

http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_15.html

34e24bq.jpg

AOS Journey

event.png

event.png

Timeline

The instructions says that we should send DS-230 Part I, 2 copies of DS-156, DS-156k and 2 copies of DS-157 at first, and then, later on when we are ready we send the form DS-2001 plus a covering letter containing the email address, date of medical and date of wedding,

but do you think it's a problem if i send all the forms together at once with form DS-2001 and covering letter instead of sending 2 separate mails on 2 separate dates?? has anyone done that?

and just out of curiosity, does anyone know why they request 2 copies of DS-156 and DS-157?? :0

Timeline

do you think it's a problem if i send all the forms together at once with form DS-2001 and covering letter instead of sending 2 separate mails on 2 separate dates?? has anyone done that?

No; absolutely do it this way if you can. It causes no problems and will likely speed up your appt letter. Most people do this (including me), actually, so don't worry!

and just out of curiosity, does anyone know why they request 2 copies of DS-156 and DS-157?? :0

I think they must put them in different files...which files I do not know, they work in mysterious ways. Maybe one to send off to your "American" file? I know when you get your visa in the very secret "brown envelope," they say your information is in there for the customs officer to look at when you arrive, so I think maybe it goes here. Your guess is as good as ours, because no one quite knows what is in those! (If you open it, they will refuse your entry!)

34e24bq.jpg

AOS Journey

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Thank Jilli & Ales :)

I have a question regarding form DS-156, do you think i should sign both copies as they appear as originals, or sign one as original and print a copy of it??? (hope that doesn't sound confusing)

and i didn't pay the visa fee yet, i think i'm gonna pay on the same day when i send off package 3 or shall i pay before that day ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Sign them both - they both need to be originals.

I posted the same about when to pay and the response I got was pay whenever you want, but, before the interview. We are planning on paying for our visa on the day we receive the interview date (packet 4).

Good luck!

Timeline

and i didn't pay the visa fee yet, i think i'm gonna pay on the same day when i send off package 3 or shall i pay before that day ?

I agree with the above poster, and it doesn't matter when you pay, as long as you do before your interview. We haven't sent ours yet because we were waiting for our "packet 4." Just so everything is certain and we call the right people, pay the right price. I have heard of people never getting a packet 4, so we'll just roll with the punches, but the website states:

K Visa Applicants pay the fee to the Operator Assisted Information Service prior to attending the visa interview. Instructions concerning payment will be sent to you with the appointment letter. Fees may be paid in cash - sterling or dollar equivalent; by International Money Order or Bankers Draft; by Credit Card - Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club, Discover or American Express; or Debit Card with the Visa logo. The Embassy does not accept any other credit or debit cards, or personal checks.

The Operator (etc. etc.) is the highly expensive London number to call (known here often as "the extortion line".) According to VJ:

Callers in the UK: 09042-45010. Calls to this line are charged at £1.20/min Callers in the US: 1-866-382-3589. Callers are charged a fixed rate of $16:00 for up to 7 minutes

As far as I'm concerned, I will call this number ONCE and ONCE only!! Oh AND. When you pay, I think they must send you a receipt to your email, because they ask for it at the interview. Bring it or they will likely recharge you, and no one wants this! Good luck fellow UK filer!

34e24bq.jpg

AOS Journey

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Thank again guys, and that's what i'm gonna do.

regarding the I-134, are the payslips necessary?? my fiancee has been here with me for the last 5 months, she is still has her job when she goes back as she took LEAVE OF ABSENCE from work, we have:

1- letter from her employer (as instructed)

2 letter of LEAVE OF ABSENCE from her job for 6 months

3- letter from the bank

4- 2010 tax return transcript ( we don't have the 1040 or W-2)

is what we have enough ?? or should we include payslips, 1040 and W-2 ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

I sent in the last 3 years of tax transcripts. I also included my last 3 pay stubs (although many will say that the most recent one is okay b/c it will have year to date...I just felt better safe than sorry).

If you have a tax transcript you do not need the 1040 or W2, b/c the tax transcript is so detailed, proves everything and is directly from the IRS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.