Lynn&Arturo

Interview date in Ciudad Juarez

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Paraguay
Timeline
Can anyone tell me how long it took to get an interview from the time their paperwork was received in Ciudad Juarez? We are going for a CR 1 Visa

It took us 8 months to get the interview appointment letter (from may until dec) and 9 to have the interview (feb 2).

June 25, 2011- Married!

August ???, 2011 - Submit I-130 petition to Embassy in Asuncion, Paraguay

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Can anyone tell me how long it took to get an interview from the time their paperwork was received in Ciudad Juarez? We are going for a CR 1 Visa

Thanks I was hoping it would be a little sooner.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Mexico
Timeline

Our papaerwork arrived in may and our interview was in feb

Now that my husband is a citizen, we are preparting documents to apply to bring his parents here.

CSC

04/24/10: I-130 package mailed

05/04/10: Notice Date

10/06/10: Approval Date

NVC

10/12/10: NVC Case# generated

10/22/10: Updated both email ids. DS-3032 e-mailed

10/26/10: IIN Received. AOS fee IN PROCESS. Emailed barcoded

10/30/10: AOS fee PAID, AOS package mailed

11/03/10: IV fee PAID, IV package mailed

12/07/10: RFE for I-864 Entered into System

12/13/10: RFE for DS-230 entered into system

• 1 year later...
Timeline

A little over a year later and I have the same question. Are these wait times for Cuidad Jaurez still this long?

They cant be, right? After filing in January 07 and now sending in the 864 and 230 forms in this week we are almost dine right? Please?

Mike

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline
A little over a year later and I have the same question. Are these wait times for Cuidad Jaurez still this long?

They cant be, right? After filing in January 07 and now sending in the 864 and 230 forms in this week we are almost dine right? Please?

Mike

My husband and I filed in July of 2004 and have just recently, May of 07, recieved our apponitment for July 6 2007! We were told in the beginning it would be only a year or less of a wait untill we would recieve an appointment in Juarez. And each time we contacted Juarez for an update as to when we would recieve an appointment they told us 3-5 months. Well I e-mailed them at least twice and they always said 3-5 months like it is the standard response! So be prepared for a bit of a wait! You are not done, but be glad we qualify for the infopass waiver adjudication program and can hopefully get our I-601 packets approved and processed the same day! Versus the poor couples before this program started in april 07 who are still wiating for their approval! My biggest fear was that we would have to wait outside of the counrty for 6 months to a year but now with this new program, hopefully we will not! So count that as one blessing and hang in there! Just remember to get a WELL prepared I-601 and DOCUMENT everything!

post-36251-1182842552_thumb.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Mike

My husband and I filed in July of 2004 and have just recently, May of 07, recieved our apponitment for July 6 2007! We were told in the beginning it would be only a year or less of a wait untill we would recieve an appointment in Juarez. And each time we contacted Juarez for an update as to when we would recieve an appointment they told us 3-5 months. Well I e-mailed them at least twice and they always said 3-5 months like it is the standard response! So be prepared for a bit of a wait! You are not done, but be glad we qualify for the infopass waiver adjudication program and can hopefully get our I-601 packets approved and processed the same day! Versus the poor couples before this program started in april 07 who are still wiating for their approval! My biggest fear was that we would have to wait outside of the counrty for 6 months to a year but now with this new program, hopefully we will not! So count that as one blessing and hang in there! Just remember to get a WELL prepared I-601 and DOCUMENT everything!

My case has taken as long as yours? I've seen people who's case flys and ours is always pending. I am so excited and nervous since our appt in Ciudad Juarez is Aug 10th. Where did you get the infor for the infopass waiver adjudication program?

Timeline
I just received the news im getting my appoiment in the first week of september and CDJ received our papers last September, so it took us a complete year ;)

Congrats Haydee!! This gives me hope that my appointment will be soon too!! We will have been waiting a year in sept too!

Becki :star:

Becki and Memo

CR-1

May 19, 2004 > Married ~Civil Ceremony in Mexico!!

Sept. 3 > Mailed I-130 to Nebraska Service Center

Sept. 13>CSC Recieved I-130

Oct. 4 > Recieved NOA1 (from Cali Service Center)

Dec. 9 > Touched

Jan. 6, 2005> Touched

Jan. 12> APPROVED (by email notice)

Feb. 3> Recieved DS3032/AOS Fee Bill

Feb.9> Mailed AOS Bill to St. Louis

Mar.17> Recieved Affidivit of Support

Mar.29>Mailed DS 3032

Apr.11>IV Fee Generated

Apr.22. IV Fee Recieved

Jan. 2006> Wedding Ceremony in Mexico (we decide to push back the visa process so we can stay longer in Mexico)

APRIL 2006- FINALLY PAID IV FEE (one year later)

June 30th - Recieve RFE on I-864.

Oct. - Mailed RFE with new I-864

Sept. 13 2006- Approved and sent to embassy (how before I even fixed the stupid RFE I dont know! And yes I checked with CDJ and they recieved it)

July 9 - recieved emial with interview date

Sept. 7 2007 - INTERVIEW DATE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Mike

My case has taken as long as yours? I've seen people who's case flys and ours is always pending. I am so excited and nervous since our appt in Ciudad Juarez is Aug 10th. Where did you get the infor for the infopass waiver adjudication program?

K3 nonimmigrant spousal visa appointments take 4-6 months. That's if the petitioner filed the I-129F after the I-130.

CRI/IRI immigrant spousal visa appointments take minimum one year.

Information on the 601 waiver pilot program is here: http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=22200

New Pilot I-601 Waiver Adjudication Program

Ciudad Juarez, Mexico

American Consulate

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Once the Consulate received our K3 it was only a month to have the interview. The whole process from filing our first documents with USCIS to interview was 6 months for the K3. I called the consulate when they first received our papers from the NVC and they told me that K visas were usually about 1 month for the interview when they receive from NVC but CR1 take much longer to get the interview, up to a year.

Timeline
Once the Consulate received our K3 it was only a month to have the interview. The whole process from filing our first documents with USCIS to interview was 6 months for the K3. I called the consulate when they first received our papers from the NVC and they told me that K visas were usually about 1 month for the interview when they receive from NVC but CR1 take much longer to get the interview, up to a year.

Does anyone have an idea why that would be?

I keep seeing recomendations here to just go with a 1-130 CR-1 Visa, so much better and all. Dont bother doubling down with the I-129 and extra money for it. Approval times are about the same. But this 1 year vs 1 month wait for an appointment is kind of a big deal, no?

I am sending in my 864 and her 3032 this week to NVC and then it gets sent on to the embassy. I thought I was done. Silly me :-P

Seems like I could get an I-129 approved in a couple months and an appointment in a month after that? Long before waiting my year for a CR-1 interview?

Mike

Edited by Mike_&_Rossy

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I have seen the same comments that the CR1 is as fast as the K3 but I dont agree, at least with Mexico. My wife is already here with me a month ago and I filed my first petition just a few days before you did. Yes you save a few bucks with CR1 but getting my wife here ASAP was my goal.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Does anyone have an idea why that would be?

I keep seeing recomendations here to just go with a 1-130 CR-1 Visa, so much better and all. Dont bother doubling down with the I-129 and extra money for it. Approval times are about the same. But this 1 year vs 1 month wait for an appointment is kind of a big deal, no?

I am sending in my 864 and her 3032 this week to NVC and then it gets sent on to the embassy. I thought I was done. Silly me :-P

Seems like I could get an I-129 approved in a couple months and an appointment in a month after that? Long before waiting my year for a CR-1 interview?

Mike

It seems the processing and work involved in a CR1 takes longer since it results in a green card. But who knows? CDJ has a tremendous backlog so if your goal is to get her to the US as fast as possible, K3 is the way to go. If you want to avoid additional fees and be finished after the visa interview, CR1 is the way to go, but know that you will be waiting a lot longer for an interview date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.