lostinblue

Johnson's War on Poverty

154 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
When government manages anything it becomes bigger, more expensive and less efficient than it would be if managed by private entities.

Not always. If that was true, seeing that we have engaged private entities to manage out health care coverage for example, we'd have the most efficient and least expensive health care system among our peers rather than having the least efficient and most expensive as sadly is the case.

Not always. If that was true, seeing that we have engaged private entities to manage out health care coverage for example, we'd have the most efficient and least expensive health care system among our peers rather than having the least efficient and most expensive as sadly is the case.

Is our healthcare truly private though?

Seems to me the "benevolent hand of government" is pretty prevalent in our health care system. Can you imagine if it was truly private? It would be smaller and more efficient.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Timeline
Is our healthcare truly private though?

Seems to me the "benevolent hand of government" is pretty prevalent in our health care system. Can you imagine if it was truly private? It would be smaller and more efficient.

Health care delivery is private. Health care coverage is mostly private. And it's bloated. Just look at privately administered Medicare plans - they cost the Medicare program more than traditional Medicare plans which are administered by the government itself. Where's the efficiency? Or look at our peers. Their systems are much more subject to the "benevolent hand of government" - some entirely run by it - and all of them are significantly more efficient than ours. The only trend I can see here is that the more private enterprise you introduce into a health care system, the less efficient it gets.

Health care delivery is private. Health care coverage is mostly private. And it's bloated. Just look at privately administered Medicare plans - they cost the Medicare program more than traditional Medicare plans which are administered by the government itself. Where's the efficiency? Or look at our peers. Their systems are much more subject to the "benevolent hand of government" - some entirely run by it - and all of them are significantly more efficient than ours. The only trend I can see here is that the more private enterprise you introduce into a health care system, the less efficient it gets.

So doctors participate in huge healthcare coverage scams because it's good for them and their business?

Or is it because they're now required to protect themselves against the numerous government regulations their businesses can be sued for breaching? If you talk to doctors, dentists, etc., you'll find that almost all of them are against participating in healthcare schemes and actually lose money on the deal. The only reason they do so is because one lawsuit could bankrupt their business.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"