xXJay_DXx

Urgent Help Needed!

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello every one I'm a new members :D and I'm glad to be here :D now I have a few quick question I need help with. Well I'm getting married in January of 2012 so it only five month away, and I was wondering what document or paper do I need to get before I go back for my wedding to get the marriage certificate? Is it the Medical Record/Information and an Affidavit of Single Status? Is there anything else I need to bring back with me or is it only those two paperwork/documents? If that is the only two then for the Medical Information can I go to any walk-in clinic or do I have to go to the hospital for it? Also what do I tell them what dose the Medical document called? As for the Single Status paper how do I get it? Is there any guide or a website or any source on how to obtain this Single Status paper? Because I really don't want to pay for Dich Vu for this it is too expensive like $300-$400 just for this, and I heard people say it cheaper to get it on your own. Also how long does the Single Status, Medical Information document last? 3 months or 6 months? If any one know how to get Affidavit of Single Status please link me a guide or website on it or just tell me here step to step on how to get it and how much it will cost and how long it last? That is all and sorry for my English I'm not very good with writing, but Thank in advanced for the help and your time. :D

Welcome to VJ. It sounds like you missed out on reading the GUIDES section at the top of the page. You missed out on one of the best resources on VJ, they help you get a clear picture of the processes you will go through, and at what stage certain paperwork is required.

Please don't think I'm trying to be mean, but the immigration process for a foreign spouse can be long winded and you'll be filling in forms for at least the next 3 years, so it's better to start reading start-to-end guides and familiarising yourself with how it all works and then, if you have any questions or uncertainties with the forms or evidence, ask your questions. VJ is a friendly place, and you'll get help, if you just help yourself a little. :)

ROC

AR11 filed: 02/05/11

I-751 filed at Vermont Service Center: 02/07/11

NOA: 02/14/11

Biometrics appt: 03/21/11

RoC Interview: Not required

RoC Approved: 08/04/2011

10 yr Green card received: 08/10/2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Welcome to VJ. It sounds like you missed out on reading the GUIDES section at the top of the page. You missed out on one of the best resources on VJ, they help you get a clear picture of the processes you will go through, and at what stage certain paperwork is required.

Please don't think I'm trying to be mean, but the immigration process for a foreign spouse can be long winded and you'll be filling in forms for at least the next 3 years, so it's better to start reading start-to-end guides and familiarising yourself with how it all works and then, if you have any questions or uncertainties with the forms or evidence, ask your questions. VJ is a friendly place, and you'll get help, if you just help yourself a little. :)

He's asking about what is needed to get married in Vietnam. He's not asking about US immigration at this point. :blush:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

He's asking about what is needed to get married in Vietnam. He's not asking about US immigration at this point. :blush:

Thank you JimVaPhuong and Sorry Brit I'm asking what paper do I need to bring back to Vietnam before my wedding and prepared for my marriage certificated. I'm not asking about filing out the K-1 Fiance or the CR-1/K-3 Spouse application. If I am corrected there are two paper that I will need one is the Medical Records another is an Affidavit of Single Status paper right? You will of course need this two done before going back to Vietnam for the wedding and get the marriage certificated correct? Well that is the only two I know for sure you will need but is there any other paper I need other then those two? Also can any one point out a guide or any resources as to how I could obtain the Affidavit of Single Status? Of course I have read through the forum but I don't see any guide on the Affidavit of Single Status. Please tell me pleaseeeeeeeeee :D Thank you.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

There have been posts on here before, I even posted the steps, just read through the posts it will help. How long will you be in Vietnam? Even if you don't want to use a service it makes it quicker. You MUST sign and do an interview in person. This usually takes about 25 days for the interview, then another 2 weeks to actually go and sign then get the papers. We used a service and it still took 30 days from start to finish, another friend just got married and didnt use a service and it took him 2 months. You will need to do the mental test here at Chao Ray, they will want coffee money, it was 200,000 when we were there. The affidavit of single status is usually good for 6 months, but I have heard of many people being made to get it done here even though they had it done in the US already. Vietnamese can be pretty picky if they want to be. Also there was a guy from the UK who was denied the wedding papers, his wife was from the country side and they had to go where she was from to do it, so there are risks by doing it yourself, time and many other things. Honestly it can be done by yourself, send your fiancee to the justice department and have her get the wedding information pack, you can have her fill out most of it without you being here, you will need to also have your state do a check and issue some sort of notary signed statement showing there are no marriage records of you for the past few years before you come. All of these documents that you do will need to be translated if they are in english, just be prepared for a long drawn out process if you do it yourself.

Jerome and Binh

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

There have been posts on here before, I even posted the steps, just read through the posts it will help. How long will you be in Vietnam? Even if you don't want to use a service it makes it quicker. You MUST sign and do an interview in person. This usually takes about 25 days for the interview, then another 2 weeks to actually go and sign then get the papers. We used a service and it still took 30 days from start to finish, another friend just got married and didnt use a service and it took him 2 months. You will need to do the mental test here at Chao Ray, they will want coffee money, it was 200,000 when we were there. The affidavit of single status is usually good for 6 months, but I have heard of many people being made to get it done here even though they had it done in the US already. Vietnamese can be pretty picky if they want to be. Also there was a guy from the UK who was denied the wedding papers, his wife was from the country side and they had to go where she was from to do it, so there are risks by doing it yourself, time and many other things. Honestly it can be done by yourself, send your fiancee to the justice department and have her get the wedding information pack, you can have her fill out most of it without you being here, you will need to also have your state do a check and issue some sort of notary signed statement showing there are no marriage records of you for the past few years before you come. All of these documents that you do will need to be translated if they are in english, just be prepared for a long drawn out process if you do it yourself.

Jerome and Binh

so wait the minute isn't the affidavit of single status the same as the no marriage records? If so then why can't I just called the Vital Record and get an affidavit of single status paper and have the secretary of stated to notarized the paper and bring it back there? Wouldn't that work? Also can I take the mental test here in the US or do I have to take it over there?

so wait the minute isn't the affidavit of single status the same as the no marriage records? If so then why can't I just called the Vital Record and get an affidavit of single status paper and have the secretary of stated to notarized the paper and bring it back there? Wouldn't that work? Also can I take the mental test here in the US or do I have to take it over there?

I believe that's the same thing...I got my single status paper from the County Cllerk and had it notarized by the SOS as well. As for the mental test, I just went to my family doctor for a routine checkup and had him sign it...

To quotes a movie, “So how does it happen, great love? Nobody knows... but what I can tell you is that it happens in the blink of an eye. One Moment you're enjoying your life, and the next you're wondering how you ever lived without them.” I felt I found something with Kieu that is rare in life... true love.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Do some reading here in the Vietnam forum and you will find all the answers to your questions. Many members have shared the details concerning marriage in VN.

Put in some effort and educate yourself.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Listen to me once again you MUST do the mental test here. You MUST get BOTH proof of no recorded marriages from your state of residence for the past couple of years, AND an affidavit of single status. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME PERIOD....... One is from someone on the state level clearly stating that there is no record of any marriages in THAT state, this person is not you, remember that point. The affidavit of single status is a SWORN statement from YOU that says you are single. Have you ever heard of people going to Vegas from Maine or California, Kansas, Montana, or Indiana and getting married???? The affidavit of single status is a sworn statement stating that you are not married, the marriage documents only states in your state of residence that there is no record. As I said earlier, look in previous posts and there are more details, also you did not answer my question on how long you are going to be in Vietnam to get all this done. You really need to do research, Vietnam is not like the US. I live here, I know that, I have done the wedding here, and I know that it was NOT easy. We did all of our own things then we hired a service to look and make sure if what we had was correct, when he found some of the documents were not correct we hired him at a discount since we had many things already done, and it still took just over 30 days, and there are parts that the foreigner must be present for, one the mental test, two the marriage interview, three the signing date, if you do it on your own you can expect at least a 30 day wait, but from many of the friends I have it is closer to 45 days if you do it on your own. I understand people don't like paying for a service, but these people give coffee money to move your name towards the top of the list, they have tons of experience getting things done so there is less likely of any chance that something is wrong. It is not only hard for the foreigner, but depending on your soon to be wife they might have to locate or go to specific places for her documents, and the service helps this out as well. Read the previous posts the other threads and you will soon learn that it CAN be done on your own, but it IS harder.

Jerome and Binh

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You can get the mental test done in Vietnam, or at least I was able to do so last year.

I think Jerome already stated that you not only can get the mental test in Vietnam, but that you must get the mental test in Vietnam. :blush:

Jerome, maybe you can post a link to the thread where you described the process. That might help the OP.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello every one I'm a new members :D and I'm glad to be here :D now I have a few quick question I need help with. Well I'm getting married in January of 2012 so it only five month away, and I was wondering what document or paper do I need to get before I go back for my wedding to get the marriage certificate? Is it the Medical Record/Information and an Affidavit of Single Status? Is there anything else I need to bring back with me or is it only those two paperwork/documents? If that is the only two then for the Medical Information can I go to any walk-in clinic or do I have to go to the hospital for it? Also what do I tell them what dose the Medical document called? As for the Single Status paper how do I get it? Is there any guide or a website or any source on how to obtain this Single Status paper? Because I really don't want to pay for Dich Vu for this it is too expensive like $300-$400 just for this, and I heard people say it cheaper to get it on your own. Also how long does the Single Status, Medical Information document last? 3 months or 6 months? If any one know how to get Affidavit of Single Status please link me a guide or website on it or just tell me here step to step on how to get it and how much it will cost and how long it last? That is all and sorry for my English I'm not very good with writing, but Thank in advanced for the help and your time. :D

Start here

http://www.vietnamembassy.us/consular_services/marry_a_vietnamese/

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

$300-whatever how much is "expensive"? Blah, then maybe you shouldn't throw your dice into this "international marriage game". How much is each round of airline ticket to come to see her?

Wait til she comes here and throws out her demand to send back to support her family in VN. $300 is expensive! Bah hah.

Edit to add: lots of folks have said this before on here "I just started my job and in this kinda economy, it would be tough to ask my boss for that many days off work, paid or not. Therefore, the cumbersome marriage process in VN gonna cause me lots of headaches." Think about that issue instead OP. Still think $300 is too much? How about the possibility of losing your job for taking too many days off work?

Edited by Hot Vit Lon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.