AnythingButCommon

Moving during AOS process

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

My AOS process going on right now. I got REF document and I submitted that query in second week of August.I filled my process in PA.

Now from next week I am moving to OHIO for work and my wife is still in PA because she is studying.

I am little bit tense now. Can I request my green card interview in PA instead of OHIO?

or If not than what are the documents which can prove the relationship between us even though we are not living together.

Please please help and guide me to the correct path.

Thanks

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

Thanks for response,

I am worried about how to convince interview or what are the supporting documents for that.

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for response,

I am worried about how to convince interview or what are the supporting documents for that.

It really depends on your exact situation. We don't know anything about you and, therefore, can't really help you much with the information you provided.

If your wife is going to stay at the same address, you may not need to file an address change because, simply, your address did not really change.

Do NOT, however, try to convince USCIS that you're living together if you're not. This situation is not uncommon, but your burden of proof will be higher. Nobody here will be able to give you an all inclusive list of documents to bring; contact a lawyer if you want very specific information about your situation.

Timeline

It really depends on your exact situation. We don't know anything about you and, therefore, can't really help you much with the information you provided.

If your wife is going to stay at the same address, you may not need to file an address change because, simply, your address did not really change.

Do NOT, however, try to convince USCIS that you're living together if you're not. This situation is not uncommon, but your burden of proof will be higher. Nobody here will be able to give you an all inclusive list of documents to bring; contact a lawyer if you want very specific information about your situation.

Thanks,,I guess I should have to contact lawyer.

The immigrant absolutely needs to change his address is he moves. USCIS doesn't want a "permanent address," they want a address of residence.

When you move, you will change your address, and the interview will be in your new state. Your wife will have to travel to the new state for the interview. You will have to have a good reason for living apart. Are you on OPT? How are you working if you are on a student visa?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

The immigrant absolutely needs to change his address is he moves. USCIS doesn't want a "permanent address," they want a address of residence.

When you move, you will change your address, and the interview will be in your new state. Your wife will have to travel to the new state for the interview. You will have to have a good reason for living apart. Are you on OPT? How are you working if you are on a student visa?

I was on OPT till July,2011 and during my AOS I also filled my H1B so I can work during untill I don't get my green card EAD but the result is still pending and I got the extension I-20 from my school so I can work till 30th September.And right now I am working on it.

I was on OPT till July,2011 and during my AOS I also filled my H1B so I can work during untill I don't get my green card EAD but the result is still pending and I got the extension I-20 from my school so I can work till 30th September.And right now I am working on it.

Are you talking about a STEM extension? I'd triple check that you're in legal status to work. It's unclear what's going on here.

Timeline

Are you talking about a STEM extension? I'd triple check that you're in legal status to work. It's unclear what's going on here.

No, I already used my 27 month OPT and then I filled my H1B so college give me I-20 to work during that period untill I didn't get my H1B answer.

No, I already used my 27 month OPT and then I filled my H1B so college give me I-20 to work during that period untill I didn't get my H1B answer.

To my knowledge, an I-20 in itself cannot give you permission to work. What is the exact endorsement you have on your I-20 that designates this?

Timeline

To my knowledge, an I-20 in itself cannot give you permission to work. What is the exact endorsement you have on your I-20 that designates this?

It stated that Type:OPT and Duration of employment: till 9/30/2011.

It called cap-gap extension.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.