J+T

Reentry permit will be expired soon

10 posts in this topic

Please help!

My reentry permit will be expired soon, what should I do?

Should I reapply again? and use the same form I-131 (Application for Travel Document) only this form or any other additional forms? pictures? biometric ??

And my permanent residence/Green card will be expired in June 2012 (valid w/in 2 yrs), should I reapply again, using the same forms or different forms ???

PLEASE HELP! Help! :o thank you!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You should of been collecting evidence for 2 years and getting ready for ROC. Go look at the removal of conditions guide in the guides section.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Timeline

You can only apply for a Re-entry Permit within the US. You cannot apply for a Re-entry Permit if you are outside the US.

If you do not return to the US before your Re-entry Permit expires or your conditional green card expires (whichever occurs first), then you will lose your legal permanent residency status.

Have you maintain any ties to the US during your absence?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Please help!

Should I reapply again? and use the same form I-131 (Application for Travel Document) only this form or any other additional forms? pictures? biometric ??

And my permanent residence/Green card will be expired in June 2012 (valid w/in 2 yrs), should I reapply again, using the same forms or different forms ???

What do you mean "Hantinh" here? You are living with your husband in VN or you are separated?

You should return to the US as soon as possible; otherwise, no one can tell you exactly what would happen to your resident status.

Timeline

Please help!

That's impossible. A reentry permit is good for two years. You've only had a green card for about a year. Are you sure you're not talking about your Advance Parole document? If so then don't worry about it - you don't need it anymore because you've got a green card.

Are you outside the US now?

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

That's impossible. A "reentry permit" is good for two years. You've only had a "green card" for about a year. Are you sure you're not talking about your Advance Parole document? If so then don't worry about it - you don't need it anymore because you've got a green card.

Whatever that comes first will be the expired date of her residency.

Edited by David-Hien

Thanks everybody for the reply...

That's impossible. A reentry permit is good for two years. You've only had a green card for about a year. Are you sure you're not talking about your Advance Parole document? If so then don't worry about it - you don't need it anymore because you've got a green card.

No, still "inside" the US, didn't go anywhere...

I'll check the card again whether is a reentry permit or advance parole doc...I'm not so sure about this.

Once again, thanks for the replying...

Timeline

I'll check the card again whether is a reentry permit or advance parole doc...I'm not so sure about this.

Hey, what do you want? A good advice or a bad advice? You want to spam this forum?

You should check the details carefully before you ask, and don't overuse the others' time and knowledge for such easy things.

Timeline

Then you don't need it. A reentry permit is only needed for a green card holder to reenter the US when they've been gone for more than a year but less than two years. Advance parole is only needed for someone who has applied for a green card, but hasn't received it yet, and needs to make a short trip outside the US. Advance parole becomes irrelevant when you get your green card.

You're currently in the US. You don't need either one of these.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Hey, what do you want? A good advice or a bad advice? You want to spam this forum?

You should check the details carefully before you ask, and don't overuse the others' time and knowledge for such easy things.

This response is NOT a violation of the TOS? The MODS deleted my posts left and right because they "claimed" my posts violated the TOS (for attacking someone else). But this user is a female and it's OK huh? No wonder why most of you got that ***####### treatment from the US C/O in Saigon.

Opinions are like a***holes; everyone's got one. This just proves it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.