jjjdddlll

Expensive medical exams?

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I was wondering if this was something others have encountered; very expensive medical exams. It appears to me the doctors that are mentioned on the embassy's list are taking advantage and requesting lots of money. In the case of my country, the medical exam with these doctors are 30 times more expensive then what an exam normally costs, and unfortunately this is the only way. Any thoughts?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

I guess it depends on the country in Serbia healthcare is free but for these medicals they are charging as they would here $120 for medical and about 30 dollars a shot

[font="Century Gothic"]Married March 27, 2010
Sent out I-130 December 29, 2010
Recieved NOA 1 January 4, 2011
Touched January 6, 2011
Recieved NOA 2 May 9, 2011
Interview September 27, 2011
Visa in hand Septmeber 30, 2011 (it would of been the same day as the interview but they requested some more info)
POE - JFK, NYC October 12, 2011 [/font]

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;0;23/st/20100327/e/Since+our+wedding/k/ccbb/event.png[/img]
[/url]

The medical exams in ES seem to range from 250-400 USD. Dont recommend Dr. Rivera on the list of doctors.

08/08/08 Married

11/22/11 Interview in San Salvador

11/29/11 Submitted I-601 waiver

04/16/12 Submitted expedite request

04/18/12 Expedite request approved

05/17/12 I-601 waiver approved

05/27/12 DH enters US as LPR

.png

The medical exams in ES seem to range from 250-400 USD. Dont recommend Dr. Rivera on the list of doctors.

Did you go to Dr. Rivera? I think she/he was the cheapest I saw. I wonder what your experience was like, did you have to get vaccinations? Are paying these high fees the only way?

Thanks for your advice and help so far, hope to hear back

saludos

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Did you go to Dr. Rivera? I think she/he was the cheapest I saw. I wonder what your experience was like, did you have to get vaccinations? Are paying these high fees the only way?

Thanks for your advice and help so far, hope to hear back

saludos

Only a panel physician who is approved by the US Department of State can perform the immigration medical. The list the consulate gave you is almost certainly ALL of the approved panel physicians in the beneficiary's country. There is no other option. A medical performed by anyone else would not be accepted by the consulate.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mongolia
Timeline

Hi,

I was wondering if this was something others have encountered; very expensive medical exams. It appears to me the doctors that are mentioned on the embassy's list are taking advantage and requesting lots of money. In the case of my country, the medical exam with these doctors are 30 times more expensive then what an exam normally costs, and unfortunately this is the only way. Any thoughts?

Mongolia was the same. Only one panel physician in the whole country and an exam that would be free in a government clinic or about 20 bucks in a private clinic cost an arm and a leg. My wife had lost her vaccination record in a move while she was a teenager. The panel physician recommended that she go to a clinic and have it reproduced (forged). When she refused to do that they waivered her for all vaccines............Hrmph! Doesn't instill much faith in the system.

th_Untitled-3.jpg?t=1294114030

03/2008--Met while working together in Mongolia
06/21/10--Married in Ulaanbaatar on the Summer solstice
USCIS
09/06/10--I-130 package mailed to USCIS Chicago Lockbox
12/14/10--NOA2 hardcopy rec'd, Dec 09 notice date<APPROVED>86 Days
NVC
12/22/10-NVC / IIN Number issued, AOS bill paid
12/26/10-DS-3032 emailed
January4............IV bill paid, discovered error by preparer
USCIS ROUND 2
01/04/11-- I-130 package for stepson sent express with expedite plea
01/11/11---Congressional expedite plea lodged with USCIS
01/20/11--- Notice date, APPROVED 14 days
NVC ROUND 2
01/26/11--- NVC/IIN Numbers issued, DS-3032 Emailed
02/07/11--- AOS/IV packages fedexed to NVC
02/24/11--- Both Cases Completed at NVC
CONSULAR
04/27/11--- Interview passed
05/29/11--- POE ORD
08/2011--- I-551s arrive

heart.gif NEW YEAR'S EVE 2011, WE WELCOME OUR BABY GIRL TO THE FAMILYheart.gif

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

04/18/13--- I-751 mailed

09/25/13---ROC approval

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Mongolia was the same. Only one panel physician in the whole country and an exam that would be free in a government clinic or about 20 bucks in a private clinic cost an arm and a leg. My wife had lost her vaccination record in a move while she was a teenager. The panel physician recommended that she go to a clinic and have it reproduced (forged). When she refused to do that they waivered her for all vaccines............Hrmph! Doesn't instill much faith in the system.

That's nothing. In some countries you actually pay bribes to the panel physician's staff. :wacko:

Seriously, you could file a complaint with the consulate but don't expect much to be done. The consulate has zero authority to enforce laws in a foreign country, and a panel physician would have to be severely incompetent before Department of State would consider revoking their status as a panel physician. In some cases, the foreign government dictates which local physicians Department of State may select.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.