katzie

i miss the philippines

73 posts in this topic

My wife volunteered at a local hospital when she first arrived, and those couple afternoons a week keeping her busy and meeting new people and helping out in the community seemed to help a lot and give her a sense of purpose rather then just sitting around the house watching Oprah. From the hospital gig, she met Filipino nurses, began to establish herself in the Fil-Am community, and her transition started for real. Checking out volunteer opportunities in your area may help.

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Of course you miss home!

Yes, the internet has Filipino TV shows she watched and also did yahoo video chat. I found that a lot of nooky kept her in kind of a woozy delerium and she did not seem to miss home at all. So perhaps that is worth a try. Food was not ever an issue to us. You can make anything you want.

Maybe it will help too if you can plan when you might be able to visit back home again realistically. I thought it would take two years or possibly three, and we came back the first and will go the second now too. But we talked through realistically what the budget would have to be for travel and all, so that she did not have unrealistic expectations about returning and I could have time to get that kind of money together.

And I agree too with what Gretchen said about communication being number one. Tell your husband exactly how you feel. His job is to validate that, show empathy for it and work with you together to mitigate it. He deserves the chance to make it better for you. Don't assume he knows something without you telling him. Mine got pregnant right away, and she did go off the reservation with the hormone changes. But we put two and two together pretty quick on why she was feeling crazy.

Timeline

here's what really happened.. i married and loved a guy whom i thought he is.. 2 days after our marriage, he yelled at me called me ######.. shouting nasty rude stuff about filipina..he acted so weired..threw his stuff around and accidentally hit my feet with a thing.. i'm so scared.. i'm leaving in a room far from the city.. no public transportation..he doesn't even buy me foods.. i'm so lost right now... i wanna go home.:(

here's what really happened.. i married and loved a guy whom i thought he is.. 2 days after our marriage, he yelled at me called me ######.. shouting nasty rude stuff about filipina..he acted so weired..threw his stuff around and accidentally hit my feet with a thing.. i'm so scared.. i'm leaving in a room far from the city.. no public transportation..he doesn't even buy me foods.. i'm so lost right now... i wanna go home.:(

Are you still living (in the same house) with him? Do you have the emergency contact #'s provided by CFO and the USEM? Since you fear you are in danger...Please hurry to contact your Fili consulate and request assistance. Don't play a game of chance....take appropriate action to protect yourself.

Take action and good luck...

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

im so shocked with what you said here,i thought homesick ka lang yun pala may problema ka na dyan,all i can say is seek some help from other filipino people in your area,can i ask you soemthing if u dont mind? gaanu kayu katagal nagkakilala ng iyong husband bago ka pumunta dyan? why he is acting weird now?bipolar ba sya?,,,,,,,,,minsan mas ok na rin yung natatagalan muna ang processing ng papers kesa yung mabilis lang kase gaya ng nangyari sayu,nakakatakot sa totoo lang,mas ok na rin yung may delays at least makikilala mo kung gaano sya kadedicated sayu.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

That is really bizare behavior for a newly married man. That is really strange for a man to spend the time, money and effort to get his wife to the U.S.A., then treat her in such an inhumane manner. If your husband is not buying food, that is very serious. You really need to consider getting out of that situation. Is he not buying any food to put in the house or is he not buying the food you like? Are you not eating? I am just trying to be clear about the food issue...is he eating?

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: Timeline

He doesn't buy you any food, or he doesn't buy you the foods you want? You have been here more that 2 weeks now. He is adjusting as much as you are. You seem to have internet access. If you think you are in danger, contact the authorities. If you are in an abusive relationship, contact the authorities. If you are just disappointed because your life in America is not what you expected, you need to grow up and make the best of your new life here.

me too .. same here !!!!

i feel lonely too .. but when i read bout your forum .. i was scared reading it .. my husband is not like that he so sweet and good to me .. im just so homsick bec i miss home already ... anyway bout your case .. yuo have to be calm and then go a place that you can ask where in philippines embassy .. where are you located now ??? sorry to hear that but you have to be strong so that you could able to escape that place .. hahayzz! life .. continue praying GOD will a guide you ....

Edited by jhenley

He doesn't buy you any food, or he doesn't buy you the foods you want? You have been here more that 2 weeks now. He is adjusting as much as you are. You seem to have internet access. If you think you are in danger, contact the authorities. If you are in an abusive relationship, contact the authorities. If you are just disappointed because your life in America is not what you expected, you need to grow up and make the best of your new life here.

Man...you're fickle! :hehe: Just kidding.

Good post... +1 :thumbs:

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Timeline

he eats outside.. he just bought me some crackers.. :( yeah.. i'm scared of him anymore.. i've known him for 2 years..

he said i'm just here because of green card and stuff out of no where.. i'd rather get home.. i can't stand his emotionally abusive behavior

Timeline

he eats outside.. he just bought me some crackers.. :( yeah.. i'm scared of him anymore.. i've known him for 2 years..

he said i'm just here because of green card and stuff out of no where.. i'd rather get home.. i can't stand his emotionally abusive behavior

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.