Cat1

Visa denied Blue 221g

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi, everyone! I need help with this. My wife had Her interview on August 5 2011, and She was given a blue 221g that I'm attaching in my post. Well, actually the Agent gave Her two, one in English and one in Spanish; both are marked and highlighted in the same places, but the note he wrote, differs on each other. English reads "I-864 from your Sponsor", and Spanish says "I-864 from your Husband". I'm very confused with what the Agent marked as number 2 (I-864-A);I don't have a clue how to fill it up. I don't earn enough and the Agent told my Wife that, neither the joint sponsor made enough. So we have another sponsor already, whom I'm filing as second joint sponsor on 864 (don't know if second is right). But like I said, I'm very confused with the I-864-a. We already have form I-864, and the IRS transcripts of the new sponsor. Also, for what I understand on the sheet. My wife is not being required to go back to the consulate for another interview, is She?!, because follow-up interview is not checked. Thank You

Edited by Cat1

Timeline

Hi, everyone! I need help with this. My wife had Her interview on August 5 2011, and She was given a blue 221g that I'm attaching in my post. Well, actually the Agent gave Her two, one in English and one in Spanish; both are marked and highlighted in the same places, but the note he wrote, differs on each other. English reads "I-864 from your Sponsor", and Spanish says "I-864 from your Husband". I'm very confused with what the Agent marked as number 2 (I-864-A);I don't have a clue how to fill it up. I don't earn enough and the Agent told my Wife that, neither the joint sponsor made enough. So we have another sponsor already, whom I'm filing as second joint sponsor on 864 (don't know if second is right). But like I said, I'm very confused with the I-864-a. We already have form I-864, and the IRS transcripts of the new sponsor. Also, for what I understand on the sheet. My wife is not being required to go back to the consulate for another interview, is She?!, because follow-up interview is not checked. Thank You

UPDATE: I added the Spanish sheet to my photo album, you can see it there, Thank You!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If the petitioner does not earn enough then you will need the joint sponsor. If the joint sponsor is a household member of the petitioner and you want to combine the income of the joint sponsor with the petitioner then you would use the I-864A to combine the income.

If the joint sponsor is not a household member (or if the joint sponsor is the head of their household) then they would complete form I-864. The joint sponsor's income must be enough for their household count plus the intending immigrant.

Did both you and your joint sponsor complete 864's the first time? What is the joint sponsor's household size and income? Are you planning to replace the joint sponsor with a new one? If so, what is their income and household count?

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

If the petitioner does not earn enough then you will need the joint sponsor. If the joint sponsor is a household member of the petitioner and you want to combine the income of the joint sponsor with the petitioner then you would use the I-864A to combine the income.

If the joint sponsor is not a household member (or if the joint sponsor is the head of their household) then they would complete form I-864. The joint sponsor's income must be enough for their household count plus the intending immigrant.

Did both you and your joint sponsor complete 864's the first time? What is the joint sponsor's household size and income? Are you planning to replace the joint sponsor with a new one? If so, what is their income and household count?

Thank You for replying Roger!.

My Wife and I live together (until before the interview) with no one else, so that means we're not combining income, right?.

I'm the petitioner and don't make enough, so we asked her Uncle to be the joint sponsor; and filled a I-864, as well as I did, his transcripts show as follow with household size of 4 (my Wife's Aunt, 2 Cousins, and Him )

2009 $21,412.00

2008 $38,670.00

2007 $35,677.00

The household size of the new Sponsor is 2 (Lady and Son), and Her total household income for 2010 as Head of household is $25,813.00 .

On I-864 part ,1 line e of this petitioner, I checked "I am the second of two joint sponsors" is that correct?, or should I put Her as the ONLY joint sponsor/ (part1 line d)

Thank You for your help!

Timeline

2011 annualized income is what is most important (unless a sponsor is self employed then the most recent year (2010) is used).

Do both the Uncle and Aunt work, earn income? For both the Uncle's and Aunt's income to be used, one must complete the 864 and the other an 864A. If only the uncle did an 864 then the aunt's income could not be counted.

If the uncle's household does not have the current income ($32,712 for a household of 5) sufficient to qualify then he is out as far as your case is concerned. The new joint sponsor will be the only one.

What will the new sponsor earn for the entire year this year? (Or if they are self employed what is the income shown on line 22 of their 2010 form 1040 tax return?) They need to qualify for a count of 3 (Lady, son, and your wife) which is $23,162.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

2011 annualized income is what is most important (unless a sponsor is self employed then the most recent year (2010) is used).

Do both the Uncle and Aunt work, earn income? For both the Uncle's and Aunt's income to be used, one must complete the 864 and the other an 864A. If only the uncle did an 864 then the aunt's income could not be counted.

If the uncle's household does not have the current income ($32,712 for a household of 5) sufficient to qualify then he is out as far as your case is concerned. The new joint sponsor will be the only one.

What will the new sponsor earn for the entire year this year? (Or if they are self employed what is the income shown on line 22 of their 2010 form 1040 tax return?) They need to qualify for a count of 3 (Lady, son, and your wife) which is $23,162.

Roger, You are the God of VJ!!

She (new sponsor) is in fact self employed as Nurse Assistant/Care Giver, so I guess 2010 is fine

Uncle and Aunt own the same business

Line 22 for 2010 shows $25,813

Thank You!!

Timeline

From what you are saying the new person ought to qualify.

Timeline

From what you are saying the new person ought to qualify.

So, just to clarify my doubts. Leaving Her as the second of two joint sponsors on her I-864, is fine; and there's no need for an I-864a like I understood, or mis-understood on the blue sheet?

Thank You

Timeline

Oh my!, I'm sorry Roger!, my tiredness (and desperation) didn't let me read right!. You answered my last post here already

Thank You

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.