8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

hello i have a ?,

my husband was given a ticket for not having a drivers license in 2005 and 2009, he was not arrested just was given a ticket for him to pay. on the i-864 they ask for court and prison records would i need to submit this if he was not ever arrested ?

thank you in advance

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

How would you submit court or prison documents if hes never been to court or prison? Are you going to make some up on your computer?

If he doesn't have it then you don't submit it... :bonk:

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Where on the I-864 does it ask for court and prison records?

I am also curious about this as well.

what about for the tickets that he was given? do i need to submit proof that they been paid? were cani get those records?

What state was the ticket issued?

ROC

01 May 2013 - Received ROC reminder letter

22 Jul 2013 - Mailed I-751 via USPS Priority Mail

24 Jul 2013 - NOA1 date

27 Jul 2013 - Received NOA1

03 Aug 2013 - Received Biometrics letter

20 Aug 2013 - Biometrics appointment

19 Sep 2013 - Approved

24 Sep 2013 - Received NOA2

09 Oct 2013 - Received GC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

None of this is asked on the I-864. The I-864 is the Affidavit of Support form. What form are you trying to fill out? This is the example form for the I-864: http://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-I-864.pdf

It pertains to the sponsor's finances and being able to support the immigrant. There is nothing in it about criminal records, prison records, or traffic tickets. Again, what form are you actually trying to fill out?

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Since you keep ignoring the fact this has nothing to do with the I-864, the only other advice I can give you is to ask your questions in the IR1/CR1 forum. I think you keep asking about the documents required for the spousal visa interview, as criminal and prison records(if applicable) are included on that list. This has nothing to do with the I-864 or AOS though.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.