Josie-Be-Happy

Question - Case Touched??

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I have seen many posting in which a VJ member indicates that their case was touched. I recently filed our I-130 and I created an account on USCIS' website to track the status of my case and also requested email/text msgs updates. However, how do I know if my case has been touched and will I be notified by email/text msgs? What exactly does "touched" mean?

I pray for everyone's visa journey and an expeditious approval to finally unite.

Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

No you wont be notified of a touch.

You are only ever notified when there is something large like RFE denial or approval.

A touch is when they look at your case and update the "last date" only. There is no full case update.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Don't really get all excited about 'touches'. A 'touch' is the VJ term for when your case was last updated; found when you log into the USCIS website. You will not get email/SMS messages about them; and honestly, they're worthless as signs that your case is about to be approved. Some people get many 'touches' and it takes 6+ months for their cases to be approved, and some people don't get a touch at all before their petitions are approved.

Holding my nose and jumping off the cliff.. hope I don't hit any rocks in the water.

"All I want out of life is ice cream and cuddles. Is it too much to ask? Is it?" - Sleep Talkin' Man

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WithoutMusic-theidolhands.pngSquareOneIcon.pngMYV2avaruusvirta.pngCarmenSandiego-theidolhands.pngSuckIt-stellans.jpg

138 days from NOA1 - NOA2

14 days from CIS till NVC case number assigned.

I have seen many posting in which a VJ member indicates that their case was touched. I recently filed our I-130 and I created an account on USCIS' website to track the status of my case and also requested email/text msgs updates. However, how do I know if my case has been touched and will I be notified by email/text msgs? What exactly does "touched" mean?

I pray for everyone's visa journey and an expeditious approval to finally unite.

Thank you.

Please refer to my timeline below. When I sent I-130 in March, that was the only time I got a text message from USCIS. Then in June, I noticed a few petitions were being approved with WAC#'s close to mine. I called USCIS on 06/23 and was informed my petition was approved on 06/20/11. To this date, whenever I log on to USCIS website and enter my WAC #, it still reads "Initial Review" even though it was approved on 06/20/11 and we're at the NVC stage already.

Good luck to you as well :)

*USCIS JOURNEY* - 96 Days

01/31/11 - Our wedding :-) Manila, Philippines

03/15/11 - I-130 package sent Fedex Priority

03/16/11 - Package delivered - signed by S. BUSH 9:17AM

03/18/11 - NOA1 (Priority Date 03/16/11) - Rec'd Email & text msg 9:15pm CT/CSC

03/21/11 - Able to view case status on USCIS.gov

03/22/11 - $420.00 check cleared bank

03/24/11 - Rec'd NOA1 via regular mail

06/23/11 - called USCIS- petition approved as of 06/20/11! Rec'd NOA2 hardcopy 06/23/11

*NVC JOURNEY* - 28 days - from case # assigned to SIF

07/20/11 - NVC Case # Assigned :-) yay!

07/21/11 - Obtained IIN

07/23/11 - Emailed DS3032 - accepted 07/27/11

07/26/11 - $88.00 AOS fee paid/print barcode 7/29

07/28/11 - $404.00 IV paid//print barcode 08/01

08/08/11 - Sent I-864EZ & DS230 via Fedex Overnite

08/09/11 - NVC rec'd AOS & DS230 @ 9:55am

08/17/11 - NVC SIF/Case Complete! Wooohoo!

08/30/11 - rec'd official NVC interview email

*Medical/USEM Manila/POE*

08/15-16/11 - Advanced Medical St. Lukes - PASSED! Yay!

08/26/11 - Interview set for Oct 4!

10/04/11 - Interview passed

10/06/11 - Passport with visa on hand

10/08/11 - POE - Houston TX

yj8dm5.png

Timeline

Please refer to my timeline below. When I sent I-130 in March, that was the only time I got a text message from USCIS. Then in June, I noticed a few petitions were being approved with WAC#'s close to mine. I called USCIS on 06/23 and was informed my petition was approved on 06/20/11. To this date, whenever I log on to USCIS website and enter my WAC #, it still reads "Initial Review" even though it was approved on 06/20/11 and we're at the NVC stage already.

Thank you all for responding. Good information. Congrats on your journey...one step closer. :thumbs:

Timeline

How are you able to track the WAC#s of other petitioners? Your timeline is wonderful!!! I hope ours will be quick. It's unfortunate that people from MENA are treated harsher....I understand the reason but in my case, we just want to be together permanently. I go to Lebanon about every 6 months, but it's well worth the trip and the time we get to spend together.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.