HopeFaithLove

Affidavit of Support

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My interviewer didn't ask me for paystubs and employment letter..but if he would ask i have some to show him! only itr and I-134 i submitted I could say I am lucky because he's not strict..I brought a bunch of docs and I was surprised when he only askd for few documents! 1040 form of last year maybe enough no need for 3 itr's.but it still better though to have all the documents needed just in case.

Thank you for sharing your experience, very helpful !:)

Timeline

I had personally sponsored 5 people, all approved in a breeze but I have never supplied an employment letter. Some of them, I provided just the current tax return and proof of immigration status (not even pay stubs). They were all IVs which means the initial review was done by the NVC. K-1 is a little different since it initially uses the I-134 instead of I-186 series. My take is that when it comes to anything other than the evidence of relationship, submit or say the bare minimum. I would never send my bank records (except if I was doing adjustment in which case I would send the bank statements with all money figures blacked out). Everything you submit or say gives the CO an opportunity to bombard the beneficary with questions. It may take one question to mess things up - and that question could have been avoided by not submitting optional or extra docs or trying to go the extra mile to answer/explain the CO's answer. Therefore, more =more questions sometimes or worse a potential self-inflicted denial.

Having said that, it is always advisable to read about the regional forum and see what is the norm there. Some embassies are more strict than others because they are more prone to immigration fraud attempts.

Hi, thank you for your great sharing as well. Yeah, I agree-- to just submit the needed document/s. However, I would request my Fiance to send latest pay stubs as well, just in case the consul will look for one. Better to prepare than to be sorry as most Vjs mentioned here. :) Have a nice day ! :)

Timeline

Fazmo makes some good points. They dont really know what to ask beyond normal questions. The more information you volunteer the deeper they can dig. In my understanding the income at interview the most current pay fills in the gap from the previous years tax return. Shows ongoing income and that is a requirement. Any later interview is looking to see that the couples finances are together. So it should not be about the amount in the account but is the wife's name ON the account. I would think you should black out the last few digits of your account number to protect identity. As for blacking out the amounts I wonder will that trigger a red flag? I also agree each embassy can be different. Most everyone I know in Manila has said the interview was fast and they were not so interested in looking at 2 years of paper. they alreday have all teh paper form the petition. Good idea to have everything you might need with you but only give information that is asked for at each step. Jim.

Timeline

I had personally sponsored 5 people, all approved in a breeze but I have never supplied an employment letter. Some of them, I provided just the current tax return and proof of immigration status (not even pay stubs). They were all IVs which means the initial review was done by the NVC. K-1 is a little different since it initially uses the I-134 instead of I-186 series. My take is that when it comes to anything other than the evidence of relationship, submit or say the bare minimum. I would never send my bank records (except if I was doing adjustment in which case I would send the bank statements with all money figures blacked out). Everything you submit or say gives the CO an opportunity to bombard the beneficary with questions. It may take one question to mess things up - and that question could have been avoided by not submitting optional or extra docs or trying to go the extra mile to answer/explain the CO's answer. Therefore, more =more questions sometimes or worse a potential self-inflicted denial.

Having said that, it is always advisable to read about the regional forum and see what is the norm there. Some embassies are more strict than others because they are more prone to immigration fraud attempts.

WOW What scam i mean service are you running, who sponsors 5 people to come to the U.S lol! :blink:

My Proposal to kristine!!! :)

I-129F Sent : 2011-01-20

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-01-25

I-129F RFE(s): NONE!!!

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-06-02

Interview Date : 2011-09-01

Interview Result : Approved

Timeline

I call it a family reunion - so glad we are all together peacefully and forever.

Oh ok lol now i understand, i was under the impression you brought 5 different women over here throughout the years lol :rofl:

My Proposal to kristine!!! :)

I-129F Sent : 2011-01-20

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-01-25

I-129F RFE(s): NONE!!!

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-06-02

Interview Date : 2011-09-01

Interview Result : Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.