HotPinay-KoolKano

preparing financial stuff for embassy interview...

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

so many questions, so little time... :(

1) My employer (an internationally recognized giant, think utility) since the events surrounding 9-11 forbids management from signing anything on company letterhead confirming employment, because we are allowed to enter any building we want, by law, to access our facilities. Our HR Dept. does provide an unsigned form giving the basics, my start date, my annual salary, full time status, etc... Will this suffice? Should I write an explanation to the CO regarding why the form is unsigned?

2) My Income, proven thru 3 years Tax returns, ITR Reports, last years W-2 and recent Pay stubs are my strongest proof of financial reliability, however I am old fashioned regarding banks these days, no direct deposit, every other friday I walk in and cash the paycheck, then deposit in cash the minimal amount needed to pay the household expenses.

My Bank Statements look weak on paper, for instance last month:

High Balance = $3280 Ending Balance = $24.84 (Doesn't that look bad)?

Can I leave out my bank statements altogether, or should I submit an explanation that I prefer to hold cash (and the reasons behind it)? Do I really need a statement signed by a Bank Rep, as read in other posts? Do I really need to submit any statements at all, if so, how many months? Or not worry?

3) the annual salary stated on my Employment/ Salary Verification shows only $ 46k per year (I still meet the minimum requirements) as it does not reflect overtime. In reality, last year I was paid $ 64 k according to my W-2. Should I include a note explaining where all the extra money comes from, the over time?

Thanks in advance..,

Leo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

1) My employer (an internationally recognized giant, think utility) since the events surrounding 9-11 forbids management from signing anything on company letterhead confirming employment, because we are allowed to enter any building we want, by law, to access our facilities. Our HR Dept. does provide an unsigned form giving the basics, my start date, my annual salary, full time status, etc... Will this suffice? Should I write an explanation to the CO regarding why the form is unsigned?

2) My Income, proven thru 3 years Tax returns, ITR Reports, last years W-2 and recent Pay stubs are my strongest proof of financial reliability, however I am old fashioned regarding banks these days, no direct deposit, every other friday I walk in and cash the paycheck, then deposit in cash the minimal amount needed to pay the household expenses.

Can I leave out my bank statements altogether, or should I submit an explanation that I prefer to hold cash (and the reasons behind it)? Do I really need a statement signed by a Bank Rep, as read in other posts? Do I really need to submit any statements at all, if so, how many months? Or not worry?

3) the annual salary stated on my Employment/ Salary Verification shows only $ 46k per year (I still meet the minimum requirements) as it does not reflect overtime. In reality, last year I was paid $ 64 k according to my W-2. Should I include a note explaining where all the extra money comes from, the over time?

Thanks in advance..,

Leo

1) The paper from your HR Dept should suffice, but writing a note to explain cannot hurt anything.

2) If your income meets the 125% level, then you do not need to list any assets or provide bank statements.

3) Again, I am not sure it is needed, but sending a note will not hurt anything. Your pay stubs and W-2s reflect the amounts you are actually paid.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

1) The paper from your HR Dept should suffice, but writing a note to explain cannot hurt anything.

2) If your income meets the 125% level, then you do not need to list any assets or provide bank statements.

3) Again, I am not sure it is needed, but sending a note will not hurt anything. Your pay stubs and W-2s reflect the amounts you are actually paid.

Viva La Mexico! Gracias Don, You confirmed my suspicions. Thank you for the quick response.

All the Best ,

Leo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks in advance..,

Leo

Hello Leo and Rea, you should not worry, everything is fine... if your income reached the poverty level of 125% for two people then you are very much fine... Just send W2 and ITR for 2008,2009 and 2010. no need for any bank statement etc....

What the embassy is really looking for is the W2 and ITR, they are very much satisfied with these papers..

With regards to empoyment certificate send what you have, with the explanation...if they ask for this at least Rea is ready....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.