prijal

K1 Visa about to be returned to NVC

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Fiance's embassy interview was scheduled at 7.30 am, but my fiance had to wait until 2 pm to be interviewed. She was asked basic questions about our relationship and then they asked about why we want to marry in US since many of my fiance's family is in India. She answered it based on the fact that lot of my family members are here in USA. Then they asked about the pictures provided to them for ring ceremony. They asked why didnt we get married right there. They also asked that the ring ceremony photos look like wedding pictures. My fiance asnwered that those are engagement pictures because they were engagement pictures infact. After my fiance answered, the guy at the window went inside and talked to some people for about 10 minutes. He returned back and issued us a 221g asking us to provide some wedding plans, catering plans, guest list and photos from our last meet in India. It is funny that they thought the engagement pictures were wedding pictures even after we provided them the entire DVD of the function in the original USCIS application. However that DVD was returned during the interview to my fiance.

The embassy did collect our passport and the fees and just asked us to provide the plans listed above

A week later, we provided the embassy with all the tentative dates and plans for marraige in USA. We also provided them a guest list with 25-30 people who will be attending. Also provided the court marraige dates and traditional marraige dates at a temple.

Another 221g was issued asking my fiance to provide the intent to marry letter signed. She did that the next day and week later we again recieved a 221g with her passport returned this time. The file just said "Your file is still incomplete and we will let you know once we are ready to process". The VFS office told us that we will get an email or text message when embassy wants your passport. No other update. 221g under AP since 8th June 2011.

We gave them about 30 days to process this. From 8th July till 20th July, we called DOS and embassy multiple times asking them about the status of our application. The only reply we got was that the file is still under AP.

On 22nd July, I contacted the congressman office in my city and asked them to do the inquiry on my behalf. They got a reply from embassy on 30th July stating that we are being investigated since the engagement pictures looked like wedding pictures. And since the original NOA2 has expired, they are sending the application back to NVC. They informed us about this investigation after playing us to give the tentative wedding plans and then sending the application back to NVC after it is expired.

I have contacted the congressman office again to give their input on this matter and please ask the embassy to rethink of their decision. All the proof required were provided and their investigation is of no use since they had the proof with them all the time. THEY RETURNED THE DVD OF THE ENGAGEMENT PARTY, WHICH THEY THOUGHT LOOKED LIKE WEDDING PICTURES. THEY DID NOT EVEN LOOK AT THE DVD AS A PROOF.

PLEASE GIVE US YOUR INPUT ON HOW CAN WE APPROACH THIS ISSUE BETTER.

ALSO, IF THE FILE IS RETURNED BACK TO NVC AND THE PETITION IS EXPIRED, DO WE HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE ENTIRE PROCESS OF K1 AGAIN?

Filed: Timeline

Fiance's embassy interview was scheduled at 7.30 am, but my fiance had to wait until 2 pm to be interviewed. She was asked basic questions about our relationship and then they asked about why we want to marry in US since many of my fiance's family is in India. She answered it based on the fact that lot of my family members are here in USA. Then they asked about the pictures provided to them for ring ceremony. They asked why didnt we get married right there. They also asked that the ring ceremony photos look like wedding pictures. My fiance asnwered that those are engagement pictures because they were engagement pictures infact. After my fiance answered, the guy at the window went inside and talked to some people for about 10 minutes. He returned back and issued us a 221g asking us to provide some wedding plans, catering plans, guest list and photos from our last meet in India. It is funny that they thought the engagement pictures were wedding pictures even after we provided them the entire DVD of the function in the original USCIS application. However that DVD was returned during the interview to my fiance.

The embassy did collect our passport and the fees and just asked us to provide the plans listed above

A week later, we provided the embassy with all the tentative dates and plans for marraige in USA. We also provided them a guest list with 25-30 people who will be attending. Also provided the court marraige dates and traditional marraige dates at a temple.

Another 221g was issued asking my fiance to provide the intent to marry letter signed. She did that the next day and week later we again recieved a 221g with her passport returned this time. The file just said "Your file is still incomplete and we will let you know once we are ready to process". The VFS office told us that we will get an email or text message when embassy wants your passport. No other update. 221g under AP since 8th June 2011.

We gave them about 30 days to process this. From 8th July till 20th July, we called DOS and embassy multiple times asking them about the status of our application. The only reply we got was that the file is still under AP.

On 22nd July, I contacted the congressman office in my city and asked them to do the inquiry on my behalf. They got a reply from embassy on 30th July stating that we are being investigated since the engagement pictures looked like wedding pictures. And since the original NOA2 has expired, they are sending the application back to NVC. They informed us about this investigation after playing us to give the tentative wedding plans and then sending the application back to NVC after it is expired.

I have contacted the congressman office again to give their input on this matter and please ask the embassy to rethink of their decision. All the proof required were provided and their investigation is of no use since they had the proof with them all the time. THEY RETURNED THE DVD OF THE ENGAGEMENT PARTY, WHICH THEY THOUGHT LOOKED LIKE WEDDING PICTURES. THEY DID NOT EVEN LOOK AT THE DVD AS A PROOF.

ALSO, IF THE FILE IS RETURNED BACK TO NVC AND THE PETITION IS EXPIRED, DO WE HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE ENTIRE PROCESS OF K1 AGAIN?

Take help of senator. ASAP

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

yup pretty much what happened to us they played with us until the petition was expired and sent it back as expired petition..

im not sure it will do any good to contact anyone at this point as legally they can send it back as expired....so one of two things file again or marry and file.......

just my opinion

sara

Edited by sara.....

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

If it were me. I would get married and re-file. This is going to be a challenging road to get this sorted out.

As another member has said here USCIS and NVC may drag this past the petition expiration date.

What I wonder here is a wedding for the girl is far more important than the male (in my opinion). It strikes me odd that she has a lack of family in the USA and she wants to get married there.

I can see in the IO's eyes with such extravagant and detailed photos of an engagement, why not just get married?

You want to see congressional or state representative help on this matter ASAP. You are beyond solving this by yourselves now and you need the extra help to get over the hump.

USCIS- (77 Days)
I-130 Sent : 04-05-2011
I-130 NOA1 : 04-08-2011
I-130 NOA2 : 06-24-2011

NVC- (29 Days)
NVC Received : 07-25-2011

NVC Case Closed: 08-23-2011
Medical/VFS/Interview
Interview Date Recieved: 09-02-2011
Medical Completed: 09-16-2011
VFS Fees Paid and Documents Submitted: 10-21-2011
Interview: 11-10-2011

Interview Status: Approved
Visa In Hand: 11-10-2011

USA

P.O.E- Chicago, IL: 12-16-11
Recieved Welcome Letter: 01-03-2012
Received Green Card: 01-19-2012
Re-applied for SSN: 01-23-2012
Received SSN: 01-27-2012

Apply for Removal of Conditions: 09-17-13

ROC- (112 Days)

I-751 Sent (CSC): 11-22-13

Check Cashed: 11-27-13

I-751 NOA1: 11-30-13

Biometrics: 12-23-13
Case Status: Approved
Green Card Issued: 3-14-14

Green Card In Hand: 3-20-14

CITIZENSHIP

Apply For N-400: 1-28-15

Check Cashed: 02-5-15

NOA: 02-11-15

Biometrics: 03-2-15

In Line Interview: 06-10-15

Interview: 07-20-15

Interview Status: Approved

Oath Ceremony: 08-20-15

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Can you give some background...about yourselves.. age,religion, occupation. etc...that would help to see the case in a different light

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.